Switching town time gets longer?

DeletedUser

The things I've heard people say is wait until you actually arrive at a town before you join, so you can put your money in the bank straight away. Many people have been attacked after joining whilst still travelling to the town.

DeletedUser

the time actually goes to down a little by little. and for me i'm a leader so i need to switch towns to just monitor and stuff

DeletedUser

The things I've heard people say is wait until you actually arrive at a town before you join, so you can put your money in the bank straight away. Many people have been attacked after joining whilst still travelling to the town.

That's correct and matches what I said. Once you are a member of a town, you can be attacked.

DeletedUser

Does that time count for founding your own town? Sorry if this question has already been asked...

DeletedUser

Okay, so one last question...if you leave a town, and you have to wait a few hours, can you found the town and, since it takes 8 hours, have that wait time expire during the founding? Or do you have to wait the few hours, and THEN spend 8 hours founding the town?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure about founding a town, but when you're under the wait time, you can still receive invitations, you just can't accept them, so it might be similar, i.e. if your wait is under 8 hours, you can, but I'm speculating. It wouldn't be too hard to test.

DeletedUser

Does the time you have to wait continue to go up, or does it top out at 8?

DeletedUser

It keeps going up. I'm at about 12 hours in w6, and there was a thread (in the w1 boards I believe) with much higher waits than mine.

DeletedUser

Last I checked, I was at around 20 hours.
As for founding towns, I'm not even sure you can see them on the map before time is up, altho I never checked, but I don't remember seeing them.

DeletedUser

Do they count only per world or also include your account on other worlds?

I ask because I switched town only once, as part of Mr. Brown quest combined with a shopping spree. After several days, I made another switch to the third town, and now several days later again to the fourth town, and now have to wait a bloody 6 1/2 hours before I can join.

This is again a situation whereby rules against abuse are actually hindering genuine players more. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it should be easy to write some extra code so actual dueling is taken into account and actual shopping shifts can be done without this waiting time, or that after a limited number of days in a town the waiting time automatically starts from zero again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I go shopping a lot and I'm up to 28 hours now. It's a nuisance for sure.

DeletedUser

If they make it too easy then everyone will end up with exactly the same equipment. I think it should stay the same.

DeletedUser

after a limited number of days in a town the waiting time automatically starts from zero again.

I think this would be a good idea maybe if you spent a month in town it could reset.
I guess the whole idea behind it is to keep folks from leaving town and rejoining whether it is same town or not.
The only people this is a real problem for are the ones who have to leave town a lot. I havent had to do this yet but i am sure that time is coming soon.

DeletedUser

It does not start from zero again, but slowly decreases over time. I've left town once before (twice with the return) to go to our other town, had to wait 4 hours after the last time to come back, and it came down to 3 hrs 50 minutes after x days (forgot how many days x was). If I should leave now again (after one more change), it has decreased now to 5 hrs 35 mins. The minimum is two hours even if you have not left a town before.

DeletedUser

If they make it too easy then everyone will end up with exactly the same equipment. I think it should stay the same.

I don't think so. Some people will never go shopping, some often. Why not, it should be part of the game. The time laps will not stop that. For example, the Mr. Brown quests are a good opportunity to do some shopping and put the waiting time inside your walking and sleeping time.

As I understand, the time rule was introduced to stop people from playing unfair or cheating, not to stop genuine shoppers.

DeletedUser

It certainly helps prevent people being career spies who just try to join a town to spy and guide their allies then leave again immediately.

DeletedUser

As I understand, the time rule was introduced to stop people from playing unfair or cheating, not to stop genuine shoppers.
That's basically what I meant. I just didn't manage to get the right words from my brain to the keyboard.;)

DeletedUser

I find the time ban really annoying since i have switched towns 5 times and i had to wait like 9 hours on my 5th switch, i think i will stay put, i can be bothered to wait hours on end to join another town!

DeletedUser

I find the time ban really annoying since i have switched towns 5 times and i had to wait like 9 hours on my 5th switch, i think i will stay put, i can be bothered to wait hours on end to join another town!

Well, that's the point of the increasingly long wait. That you're supposed to stay put and be loyal to your town, and stick with it. Of course it should be possible to change your town, but you're not supposed to just jump around with different towns all day.