Switching town time gets longer?

DeletedUser

First I had to wait two hours before joining another town, then 3 hours and 50 minutes, and after that 5 hours and 50 minutes. Why is it that? Why does the time waiting get more? :huh:

DeletedUser1105

It is a measure to stop this controversial 'rotational policy' some towns have, I think.

DeletedUser1105

To be honest, you shouldn't have to switch town very often.

The only reasons you should have to switch towns regularly are:

1) You keep being kicked out (in which case you deserve to have to wait)
2) You keep joining rubbish towns and want out (in which case do some research beforehand, talk to the founder a bit longer before joining)
3) You are in a town that has a rotational policy, or an alliance policy with another town (in which case you deserve to have to wait).

DeletedUser

There is a rumor that you can join another town immediately when you asked someone in the town kick you off rather than leaving.

DeletedUser

No, the rumor is not true.

Be it whether you are kicked or you leave on your own accord, the waiting or "ban" time applies.

DeletedUser

I think they should make at 8 hours. None of that stupid 'rotational policy' you should stick to your town.

DeletedUser

can only agree...good the change was applied. A game wise legitimate loophole that was finally closed (or at least is requiring a bit more efforts to abuse).

Cheers,
Bonez

DeletedUser

Help!
I need help, i don't know how I can make an alliance whit another town.

DeletedUser

What does that have to do with this thread? Let the dead rest in peace! There are no official alliances.

DeletedUser

Help!
I need help, i don't know how I can make an alliance whit another town.

hehe
you make the alliance in your's and the other towns head

there is no option or command to make it happen. it's the newbs that are in your town or theirs that think reading the town forums is beneath them. they are the only ones you need to worry about attacking a ally

DeletedUser

First I had to wait two hours before joining another town, then 3 hours and 50 minutes, and after that 5 hours and 50 minutes. Why is it that? Why does the time waiting get more? :huh:

i think the main reason why this came about was the duelers that would join a town to duel somebody then leave it to be safe from a counterattack

Red Falcon

To be honest, you shouldn't have to switch town very often.

The only reasons you should have to switch towns regularly are:

1) You keep being kicked out (in which case you deserve to have to wait)
2) You keep joining rubbish towns and want out (in which case do some research beforehand, talk to the founder a bit longer before joining)
3) You are in a town that has a rotational policy, or an alliance policy with another town (in which case you deserve to have to wait).

#2 is the one that applies to me, but now I am in a much better town and I don't think it will be one of these 'rotate policy' towns. Lone Ranger is the founder and he is pretty easy going. A little donation every so often is really about all he asks of us and that suits me just fine.

DeletedUser

you only make an alliance with another town as a verbal agreement. there isn't anything binding.

DeletedUser

so if i leave my town to join another....i have to wait? another thing....how do i find the new town on the map? is there a way to do that?
i read conflicting reports about duelability whilst on the move...townless....cant be duelled...and in same thread....can be duelled and lose your cash. totally confused.

DeletedUser

does the same delay apply if you buy a ghost town instead of joining a new town?

DeletedUser

This is a real pain for adventurers/anyone who donates to the treasury for the privilege of joining to use the shops, and then leave. Now that you can't evade duelling as a greenhorn, not being in a town is the only way for people to decline duelling without hiding in the hotel.

If there's going to be a timer I think it should be applied as a penalty for trying to leave a town if you have duelled (as the challenger) too recently.

DeletedUser

so if i leave my town to join another....i have to wait?

Yes.

another thing....how do i find the new town on the map? is there a way to do that?

Click "Ranking", then "Town". Enter the town's name and click
img.php
. Next to the town name in the list, click this symbol:
center.png

i read conflicting reports about duelability whilst on the move...townless....cant be duelled...and in same thread....can be duelled and lose your cash. totally confused.
You can't be dueled if you aren't a member of a town.

does the same delay apply if you buy a ghost town instead of joining a new town?

Hmmm... I'm guessing no, but I've never heard that question asked.