Super Power (story set up)

DeletedUser

I want to start a new story.

Category: Comic-book Super-powers

Set up: Only those who sign up here and I accept may write in the new story.

Players I would love to have join:
James the Hunter
usaywhat
scwanobi
johannmaximus
Laural​

If your name is not in the list, sign up anyhow. I just wanted to specifically invite the people I mentioned.

Give a description of your character. Tell us what powers he/ she may have. Tell us their weaknesses too.

Give a little (or long) history of your character. Try to fit into my story summery.

Story Summery: If this was a novel, you're reading the back.

It's 2010. We never thought that the future was so close. A group of American spelunkers had organized the exploration of one of the world's most secluded and dangerous caves. Extending thousands of feet into the surface of the earth, mankind had never been beyond its mouth. Now, equipped with air tanks and every kind of cave gear imaginable, this group descended into the Bottomless Pit.

Twelve days latter they reemerged from the bowels of the earth -- never to be the same again. What was the secret of the cave? No one but the spelunkers knew. No one but the spelunkers will ever know.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15762

Jack Wert
Bio: Independent, fundamental, Bible-believing Christian. Smart: has two Ph.Ds, a M.S., a B.A., and found cure for common cold. Climbed Mt. Everest. 7' 7" and 292lb. Plays in the NHL. Avid explorer, especially of mountains. Hates women (except for his mom!). Owns 6000 miles per second capable spaceship (built by himself).DOES NOT DRINK ALCHOHOL OR SMOKE TOBACCO!!

Strengths: Physically fit, Hard-working, Intelligent.
Weakness': Quick to anger, Selfish.

Powers: Aim with laser gun. Strength. Piloting capabilities. Rock-Climbing.

DeletedUser

That could be a very interesting character; I like it. However, since this is 2010, I think that you should get rid of the dueling part. ;)

What power(s) do you suggest he receive?

DeletedUser

wildcaveman

Physical age: 16
Mental Age:45
Bio: A russian civilian, looks like an ordinary guy, keeps to himself. Non-religious man who hates being told what to do. Seeks out trouble in the most unlikely of places, feard by people who know his powers and how he got them. Veteran war hero. Best gambler in the world, smokes cigars and loves to drink, but hardly ever gets drunk. Prefers to fight when he is sober, although he is best a drunken boxing. He is 6'7, and fit ( muscle wise, im not gay xD). Has a chin beard and greased back hair.

Power: Ability to control water (in anything and everywhere)

Strengths: Physically fit, intelligent, strong fighter
Weakness: Short temper, women, gambling, motor bikes ( harley davidsons and triumphs)

( has his power from the beginning)

DeletedUser

Stevening

Bio: Man of a few words. Believes only in himself and his trusted allies. Has lost his memory after his expedition to the Bottomless Pit, last thing he remembers is he was hit by a rock. Size of a typical adult male, not muscular but quite fit, is slightly blind, no one knows why he still can see clearly. Always carries a backpack behind him. Lives in the alleys of a city.

Strengths: Controls earth(the soil not the planet,which also includes sand, rock and certain types of metal), fights using strategy
Weakness: Sight

DeletedUser

Enzico Vecchio

Bio: Famous Italian explorer and cryptozoologist. 5'8, medium length brown hair, pretty fit, not too much muscle though. Known for his patience and good mood. Rarely picks up a bottle. Discovered 10 new species of mammals. Learned the fighting style Krav Maga while In Israel.

Power: Shape Shifter (can turn into anybody or anything living)

Strengths: Krav Maga, smart, good natured
Weakness: Good natured, dumb people, people hurting anything living

DeletedUser

shawn

Bio: A man who has dedicated his life to perfecting martial arts. Not just unarmed, but martial arts in the more broader term. He has study countless forms, both armed and unarmed and fought just as many fighters. He had joined an expedition into the bottomless pit figuring that it would be a good way to enhance his senses. Upon emerging from the depths one could tell there was something different. He looked pretty much the same, 6'5 with lean tone muscle. His medium brown hair however was now pitch black. His calm serene smile now seemed to be holding back a raging storm under the surface.

Power: ?

Strength: Mastered various martial arts, enhanced strength, reflexes, and senses.

Weakness: Constantly struggling to contain the darkness within, Gives off an aura like a predator which causes many people to be afraid of him

DeletedUser

All powers are received after you descend into the cave.

@ wert718: We need to come up with some powers for your character.

@ wildcaveman: I like your choice. Perhaps your character can even turn his body into water. That would be really cool.

@ omikron5: Your strength vs. weakness was very good. I think that you should just limit your power to earth stuff: dirt, rock, sand, and lava (molten rock).

@ scwanobi: Your powers would be: enhanced reflexes and strength (like a super-athlete) and a "sixth sense." Good pick; we definitely need someone like that in the story. I love your "inner struggle" part.

Here is my bio+description:
Justin Michael
A young adventurer who like to do the dangerous. Spelunking is like super dangerous dude! He's gone skydiving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, Alps skiing and snowboarding, and hang-gliding. He always loved going to theme parks as a child -- the roller coasters.

He grew up in a typical American family. Well, as typical as "typical" can be described. Everyone's got their own hobbies, right? Dad loved to hunt. Mom loved to go shopping; and his sister . . . loved to . . . do whatever it is that girls do.

He was sent to a private school and did very well, actually. The physics of light always amazed him. Einstein's theories about light and it's speed were amazing. When would we ever find out the true nature of light?

However, that was as far as his inquiries went -- the textbook. Justin had no intensions on becoming a scientist. He was going to be . . . a . . . um . . . something. He hadn't figured that out yet. He had joined the U.S. Air Force; served his time; and left. That had given him much experience traveling the globe. He made as much of every opportunity that he could. He was a great pilot, but he didn't want a career in the military. He decided to go on one more adventurer before he tried to find new employment.

He had heard about the Bottomless Pit.

New powers he receives after the descent: The ability to control all forms of radiation. He can even emit radiation from his body. His body can completely transform into radiation; hence, he can fly.

Weaknesses: Must be very careful not to harm those around him with damaging forms of radiation.

DeletedUser

Jesse Bodega

Bio: New Mexican seismologist who works in the field, rather than in a laboratory. Could have been a Major League Baseballer, but decided to opt for science in university. Still has incredible pitching ability, despite being out of practice. The Bottomless Pit sounded like his kind of work, so he signed up for the expedition for research purposes.

He's pretty stong, and he works out quite a lot, but he's not really muscly. He's got an excellent throw, and good hand-eye coordination.

Powers: Invisibility. He can also jump supernaturally high and incredibly far.
Strengths: Very good at devising good plans quickly. Keeps a cool head in danger.
Weaknesses: A bit of an alcoholic. Also, he doesn't feel quite comfortable outside of the desert.

DeletedUser

Yeh my guy can do anything and everything that there is to do with water. Like there is water in the air, so he can move things my gatherin the air. There is water in peoples bodies, which means he can pick people up, and drain the life (blood) out from people xD this guy is kick ass lol. ow btw cose he controls water he can also see the particles when he wants to. if someone is invisible he will know they are there, he will see an increase of water in the air in the shape of a body xD

DeletedUser

Yes, too much power.

Let's limit him -- he cannot control individual water molecules. There must be a greater quantity of water for him to manipulate it; let's say about a gallon or so. He must have a maximum control capacity as well; perhaps 20 tons of water?

DeletedUser

Just a heads-up, I've changed my guy's powers, strengths & weaknesses.

DeletedUser

na I think he is just fine, maybe just increase his weaknesses, say if he does something so powerful (like controlling water particles for too long) he has a side effect, looses powers for a while, goes blind for some times or sommin. Besides, he could end up being the villian in our story, villains are always stronger, cose the gd guys out number the villians, in most team super hero stories. example: fantastic 4, x-men etc.

DeletedUser

Alright, I decided that your powers are o.k., wildcaveman. However, you must be very realistic in using them. Just because you can control water does not mean that you can drain it out of someone. Sweat might form on their bodies as the water inside them is attracted to you; however, drawing the water out of someone would be a very long process.

I'd like a few more to sign up. I'll send out some IMs.

DeletedUser13682

Well... I'll try.

Name: Rolf Johnson
Bio: A former soldier looking for adventure. He is very skilled in weapons.
Powers:Warp time, reality, probability, and can transport.
Strengths: sees a weapon and instantly remembers how to use it, any weapon.
Weaknesses: Drinks, gets carreid away sometimes, reckelss sometimes.

DeletedUser

ye it would take a while for him to do that, and not as if he gonna randomly slay everyone in sight xD...... or will he :huh:

once we got enough peeps i would start the story in a new thread, not on here