Stop the over moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedankz

Man some of you people take this game and the forum way to serious, it can't be mentaly good to be this much into something, for real some of you need to tuch grass.

Swedankz

The mods are voluntary people, they mod on their free time they aint getting paid and they are forced to follow Innogames rules and they aren't allowed or obligated to tell anyone why they do certain stuff, they aren't allowed to talk about certain stuff and Innogames tells them what they can and can't do.

You are directing your anger on the wrong people.

darthmaul99174

Nah they aren't held at gunpoint by inno there is almost no contact except through the CM and they purposely go for the role so I dont know why you're building some victim story here. Though It is a thankless role except for a few advantages of power/info that certain staff get but I'm not saying any do it for that. Though I don't know why else you'd do it because no one has suffered for a lack of moderators nor is anyone greatful there's more now. I'd guess mostly because its fun, just another way of playing the game.

The way things have been moderated change depending on the moderators at the time which is why people are speaking out now as it's their actions to carry out their role the way they have been that has made people speak out. People question the motivation behind deciding to enforce the rules the way they have been lately which isn't the norm many have known after being here so long.

Millsbd

Man some of you people take this game and the forum way to serious, it can't be mentaly good to be this much into something, for real some of you need to tuch grass.
well if you were being accused of insulting someone and berating them, just cause you are speaking out, you will feel the same.. had they deleted all the post and been fair none of this would had happen,, ofc the discussion would have continued about what it was!!! Now it escalated to transparency, favoritism and abuse of power!!! So instead of trying to deal with the issue, you try to sweep it under the rug and silence everyone... smh

I still want to see where anyone was berated threaten and insulted, still have not seen one post????

ps. they are volunteering!!! Emphasis on VOLUNTEERING!!!
if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen!!! and if you cant hang with the big dogs then stay out the porch!!!

Millsbd

Nah they aren't held at gunpoint by inno there is almost no contact except through the CM and they purposely go for the role so I dont know why you're building some victim story here. Though It is a thankless role except for a few advantages of power/info that certain staff get but I'm not saying any do it for that. Though I don't know why else you'd do it because no one has suffered for a lack of moderators nor is anyone greatful there's more now. I'd guess mostly because its fun, just another way of playing the game.

The way things have been moderated change depending on the moderators at the time which is why people are speaking out now as it's their actions to carry out their role the way they have been that has made people speak out. People question the motivation behind deciding to enforce the rules the way they have been lately which isn't the norm many have known after being here so long.
You are a smart one my friend!!!

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Just like every user, mods have guidelines we must follow too. This may mean you'll never get an answer about something or you won't be told what you want to hear.

Harassment of people doesn't just occur in public, it occurs in private messaging too.

There are some people asking for less moderation, however some of those people are also the ones who use the report function the most. Can't have it both ways.

I feel I've been quite lenient the last couple of years when it comes to forum moderation. Maybe too lenient which has lead to this situation. So sure, you can blame me for some things. Just don't be upset when things get bad and myself or another mod step in to make a decision that you may not agree with.

Oddersfield

I see lots of inconsistencies in how the Inno team implements rules - and they have openly said that in numerous responses over several threads in the past few weeks. Discipline is random and therefore opens you to accusations of favouritism. Yet you wonder why many people are dissatisfied with things and are openly stating so. You don't like the criticism but you have fostered the situation.

For example, how can you ban AB for toxicity in a forum for a much longer period than AB gets banned in worlds for even worse behaviour over a longer period of time? I hate to support her but it is ridiculous that there is this differentiation and she should be re-instated here. Punishments should be fair and equitable in all facets of the game - and they clearly are not.

Why can you not discuss ingame bans in the forum but can within any world chat? The word used in world rules is 'publish' notwithstanding what the moderators claim in my discussions with them - different word, different meaning. Further, why do the moderators lie about it there and then when you appeal against the consequences of that lie "The West Team" simply support their own? Suggesting that you talk to the mods in private is disingenuous as you don't know who you are going to get: some I know what the answer is s soon as I see the name. They are "the rules are the rules" people - others use more discretion.

The West Team were acting as judge, jury, appeals court judge and executioner. To that list it seems we need to add a role as absolute censors. All power is vested in a few individuals. I am not saying that all mods are bad either - some are very sensible and are trying.

Mods used to get in-game benefits. Is that no longer true then?

Millsbd

I see lots of inconsistencies in how the Inno team implements rules - and they have openly said that in numerous responses over several threads in the past few weeks. Discipline is random and therefore opens you to accusations of favouritism. Yet you wonder why many people are dissatisfied with things and are openly stating so. You don't like the criticism but you have fostered the situation.

For example, how can you ban AB for toxicity in a forum for a much longer period than AB gets banned in worlds for even worse behaviour over a longer period of time? I hate to support her but it is ridiculous that there is this differentiation and she should be re-instated here. Punishments should be fair and equitable in all facets of the game - and they clearly are not.

Why can you not discuss ingame bans in the forum but can within any world chat? The word used in world rules is 'publish' notwithstanding what the moderators claim in my discussions with them - different word, different meaning. Further, why do the moderators lie about it there and then when you appeal against the consequences of that lie "The West Team" simply support their own? Suggesting that you talk to the mods in private is disingenuous as you don't know who you are going to get: some I know what the answer is s soon as I see the name. They are "the rules are the rules" people - others use more discretion.

The West Team were acting as judge, jury, appeals court judge and executioner. To that list it seems we need to add a role as absolute censors. All power is vested in a few individuals. I am not saying that all mods are bad either - some are very sensible and are trying.

You will just get a lame answer as excuse as usual!!! wait for it!

Clever Hans

I mean, you were already asked by players to lock this topic, so don't blame the players if you are letting this discussion to go on. And I don't have anything else to add to what others commented about the gross abuse of power few days ago. There is a difference between the constructive criticism and defamation which you fail to understand. Players brought some valid criticism based on arguments and also not with the bad intentions. Instead of taking a feedback to improve the quality of your service, you reacted with mass baning like half of the most active forum users.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

Discussing punishments should not be possible within the game, too. The only place for discussion is through the support system. However, as we can only punish if it is reported, there is no way to prevent it. Also, as it has become such a norm for players to discuss it, it rarely happens that anyone would report such discussions.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
As a last word, I would like to mention that since I am here I can count on one hand how many times we had to ban anyone from the forum. So, while I understand your frustration, I strongly disagree with the strong moderation accusation. There were times when some comments had to be deleted when the moderator personel had to remind players about the rules, but the case never went so far as did recently.

I am not happy either with the results, but as I said I will not tolerate attacking behaviour towards my team. They are here to help the community, they spend an enormous amount of time trying to find the best solution for arising issues and to maintain a friendly environment on the forum. So, please, be polite, and respectful to everyone. And if you have an issue with one of the team members, contact me directly on the support, rather than accusing them here on the forum.

Despite all these comments, no one has contacted me about anything that was highlighted here as a problem. I am genuinely confused.

darthmaul99174

Hey mods , thanks for the ban , please go back to school to learn what defamation means.

Now if you want you can ban me for harassment :lol::lol::lol:

Rest in Piece brave warrior

As a last word, I would like to mention that since I am here I can count on one hand how many times we had to ban anyone from the forum. So, while I understand your frustration, I strongly disagree with the strong moderation accusation. There were times when some comments had to be deleted when the moderator personel had to remind players about the rules, but the case never went so far as did recently.

I am not happy either with the results, but as I said I will not tolerate attacking behaviour towards my team. They are here to help the community, they spend an enormous amount of time trying to find the best solution for arising issues and to maintain a friendly environment on the forum. So, please, be polite, and respectful to everyone. And if you have an issue with one of the team members, contact me directly on the support, rather than accusing them here on the forum.

Despite all these comments, no one has contacted me about anything that was highlighted here as a problem. I am genuinely confused.

I can't front homie this would sound good & I'd agree with you if you didn't ban BOT for that weak ahh comment :up::up::up:

Clever Hans

And if you have an issue with one of the team members, contact me directly on the support, rather than accusing them here on the forum.

As a matter of fact, I did contact you directly last summer to complain about the actions of one moderator. While not disclosing any content of the ticket, it took you 4 days to initially answer that you will check the situation and after 10 days ticket was closed without receiving any answer from you. Perhaps others had similar experiences in the past and therefore not inclined to message you directly.

Oddersfield

Discussing punishments should not be possible within the game, too. The only place for discussion is through the support system. However, as we can only punish if it is reported, there is no way to prevent it. Also, as it has become such a norm for players to discuss it, it rarely happens that anyone would report such discussions.
Great answer. it summarizes the issue many have the moderators these days.

The rules of the game say "publish" not "discuss". Why do you get threatened with punishment for discussing by moderators who should know those rules - and get told you are twisting what was said by that person? then when you defend yourself against two lies in a dozen words or so, you get penalty points? there is no other way to defend yourself in public.

You have yet again side-stepped the question. Why are th mods. using different rules to what are published. You are neither infallible nor gods, although you want to behave as both. Again, why do the mods not follow the rules as stated publicly?

Mills was right - you won't answer. In fact you didn't answer everything I asked but circumvented all questions. The mods are one of the biggest sources of dissatisfaction in this game at present - it wasn't always so. Does it ever occur to you that you need to exercise better public relations?

I am probably quitting two worlds because of the mods - perhaps more. I play teh game for fun - it no longer is. Some of hose that are supposed to protect it are doing a very poor job. it simply isn't worth the time and effort any more.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Thanks everyone for your comments, concerns, questions, suggestions, etc.
I am closing this thread now because at this rate we'll just be going around in circles forever with no one being truly satisfied.
If anyone has anything else to say, feel free to private message me, syntex or other mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.