Resolved Starter question

DeletedUser

If you're working on a build that doesn't let you cowboy or hunt turkey early in the game is it better to just wait, get items to help, or assign the skills that unlock these jobs and respec later? You have to be able to hunt turkey and cowboy to get the greenhorn set and complete a few early in game quest lines. I've looked at the advantages of the gh set, is it really that useful to have all 8 items?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The greenhorn set isn't incredibly useful. The quests are worth doing still for SP rewards and the fact that it's a prereq for many new quests, including all daily quests. Cowboy is easy, you just need the farmer's set, the hat and shoes of which will also go a long ways towards hunt turkey. The golden Indian necklace and mustang of the Indian set are also great low level equipment and will help with turkey.

DeletedUser

That makes sense, the quests are definitely worth doing. The mustang and farmer's set is expensive though, especially if you want them early in the game.

DeletedUser14006

I have found when starting a new world besides the obvious, easy quests it is sometime best to just hit the high XP jobs and maybe go to a few fort battles (dependant on the world and if you will get in) until you get to level 45, gear up the Gent's set and most of these low to medium level quests will be a breeze.

DeletedUser

I have found when starting a new world besides the obvious, easy quests it is sometime best to just hit the high XP jobs and maybe go to a few fort battles (dependant on the world and if you will get in) until you get to level 45, gear up the Gent's set and most of these low to medium level quests will be a breeze.

I absolutely despise fort battles as a low level. I hate leeching and I hate being useless unless I'm lucky. Plus the scheduling screws with energy management. I didn't start going to battles on w8 until I could use a precise coach gun, which took 15 days.

DeletedUser

I absolutely despise fort battles as a low level. I hate leeching and I hate being useless unless I'm lucky. Plus the scheduling screws with energy management. I didn't start going to battles on w8 until I could use a precise coach gun, which took 15 days.

Level 50+ in 15 days?

DeletedUser14006

Level 50 requires only 43,414 experience points.

Creating a good start build that incorporates good XP jobs and allow maxing it up a little to complete heavily laden XP quests such as your character class build but more importantly questlines like ghost town and kate's wedding ring.

This along with making good use of your energy points and making sure you do not waste any this is very possible as Elmyr has stated.

When you are on your 3rd or 4th character you tend to get an idea of what works :)

DeletedUser

Derek gets it.

Feb 4: Level 1
uLI1F.png

Feb 16: Level 50
CWHY7.png

Feb 19: Level 53
HYJna.png

I've slowed down a bit since then.

DeletedUser

I didn't even know it was possible to rack up that much exp with a build early in the game, very impressive imo. Share some details maybe?

Mind = blown.

delldell56

elmyr was in no rush to level up as fast as he could. we know, as it's been done, that you can do it in less than a week if you try really hard.

DeletedUser

I didn't even know it was possible to rack up that much exp with a build early in the game, very impressive imo. Share some details maybe?

Mind = blown.

Nothing special, my starter FF build: Pure strength/leadership to 50 (teach, chasing bandits, guarding the stage, construct manor, build palisades, etc). Currently speccing hiding for burglary at 75. The big thing is not to waste energy by being too eager to complete quests. I did all the Heavy Labor quests at 20 and didn't actually click complete until my 40s. I didn't sleep until 51.

DeletedUser14006

These are my two fastest runs from level 1 to 50 and I did them both different ways.

24pmd76.jpg

This is from Colorado, on day 16 I hit level 50 and it was by going pure trapping from the start while collecting the best possible 'setting traps' gear, once I unlocked the job 'hunting grizzlies' I put some points into 'leadership' to unlock the job 'construct' manor house.

Also, collecting the gents set along the way helped in all the best XP quests up until this point.

It must be noted though once you get to a certain level, maybe around or just after level 50 you will be required to respec these points out of 'setting traps' into better skills such as shooting, hiding, stamina and appearance but money is not so much of an issue for this character build as all you do is jobs all day long.

1grqkl.jpg

This is from world 2 where on day 12 I hit level 50 and it was by placing all skills into dueling skills I went with a pure offensive melee build (aim, dodge, vigor & appearance), this helped greatly as I was flying through levels daily and never ran out of energy points once.

Must be sure to set to sleep when you are offline or you will get KO'd and then this method is void, must have previous dueling experience and be selective in your targets, also this works best on developed worlds where there are plenty of high level non duelers to take advantage of.

With the pure strength build you have great HP so it is near impossible to KO yourself, also to note you need to be buying plenty of duel motivation boosting items so it is a good idea to join a large alliance where folk can help you with attaining these items, although low level crafting as a tonic peddler allows you to craft filtered cigarettes easily enough which offer +7% duel motivation.

It is quite easy to complete the majority of the ghost town and kate's wedding ring quests with this build.

elmyr was in no rush to level up as fast as he could. we know, as it's been done, that you can do it in less than a week if you try really hard.

Yup lol, speak to GaGa, she is freakishly awesome at power leveling :)

delldell56

also, when elmyr started that character on w8 (or derek's), dailies at ghost town and saloon were not implemented yet. right now, if you are a premium player, all 3 types of dailies (saloon, ghost town and waupee village) can push you really fast to level 50. again, it takes some skills and planning, as derek and elmo indicated.

DeletedUser

And nuggets always make a difference, like for energy refill on w11-14 or buying products for quests on w2+. Of course now you can really go wild with the UP Shop. Gaga will probably go from 1 to 120 in a week on some world when she gets back.

DeletedUser

There is an actual quest line called heavy labor, which you unlock at lv. 20.

DeletedUser2708

I would imagine the recent changes (to stats) in dueling would make a lot of the advice in some leveling guides around here nearly useless -- at least as far as what effect a particular build will have on your dueling performance...?

DeletedUser

It depends, pure shooting gives some good jobs later on, like hunting grizzlies.

DeletedUser

It depends, pure shooting gives some good jobs later on, like hunting grizzlies.

And it always sucked horribly at the start, which is why the build is always called trapper/shooter: because you can't level early on from shooting jobs. Instead of being a great XP build like trapping, pure shooting gives you an enormous handicap. You level from trapping jobs from your dexterity alone.

DeletedUser

And nuggets always make a difference, like for energy refill on w11-14 or buying products for quests on w2+. Of course now you can really go wild with the UP Shop. Gaga will probably go from 1 to 120 in a week on some world when she gets back.

Nuggets would make a big difference but I'm playing without premium. There won't be any buffs like energy refill or motivation boost. Sleep will probably come long before level 50.