Read me Speedserver Question

What kind of Speedserver do you prefere?

• Duel

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Fortbattle

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Gold and money

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Construction

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Experience

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other (write suggestion in the comments)

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Snr Sarg

Speed events have no effect on the development of the game, as CM and event staff are not developers, the only part they might play in development of the game is passing feedback to the LCM and being testers.

According to you, are you part of Inno's The West Dev Squad?

BigNoob

A squad is typically 4 people, one single dev does not qualify as a squad. Getting a speed event world ready does require some preparation, mostly just erase the data (characters & towns) from the last time the event server in .net was used, I believed it to be en13. And setting the bonuses and rules for the new event in en13. With that being said, considering how fast it is and how rarely it requires to be done, its not something that takes a lot of resources/time from "develop the main game".

JWillow

According to you, are you part of Inno's The West Dev Squad?
Nope not apart of inno but I do try to understand my surroundings. ie, the CM and net event staff deal with the international servers and take care of this community, they pass feedback to their boss. Events and forum contest put on by our local team is usually done completely by our local putting their personal time into giving something back to us. Now yes these events are not for everyone and maybe they should focus on forum contest, but I think you have even complained about those in the past, too.

Now for development of the game, it is not the choice of the local team which direction this game goes, just like it is not their choice to open new worlds, that is the higher ups.

I guess in the end I make the choice to not blame those take all the heat for every unfortunate choice the LCM/company makes, while not being the ones who made the decision that upset the playerbase. Example: I wouldn't blame a McDonald's employee for prices raising, as the employee has no part in the decision. Though the employee being on the front lines receives the feedback which they pass on to corporate, mostly to be ignored.

Also speed worlds as far as I know are handled by the CM and event staff, developer and LCM spend no time on it, even as far as if there is a bug it won't be fixed as it is not a priority to the company, quite a few speed servers with bugs that are never fixed even though they effect game play.

Sorry for bothering, your feedback is probably way more helpful than actual suggestions for topic at hand, which was... lol

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I can see several people expressing the wish that we should rather spend our time developing the game than focusing on events and speed servers..... and yes, I wish it was that easy, but we're talking about completely different teams here.
The team members here including me as CM are freelance and located in different parts of the world, we are only in written contact with the innogames HQ where the 'magic happens' - it's only inhouse staff that can do anything to the game. The rest of us can only send feedback and make suggestions, and then try to make the best of things and organise events and activities.
So yes, I know you would like to see a development of things, but it's no use to keep writing it, because I/we seriously can't do anything about it ...... even if you mention it 1000 times more
So let's stick to the topic

Clever Hans

I can see several people expressing the wish that we should rather spend our time developing the game than focusing on events and speed servers..... and yes, I wish it was that easy, but we're talking about completely different teams here.
The team members here including me as CM are freelance and located in different parts of the world, we are only in written contact with the innogames HQ where the 'magic happens' - it's only inhouse staff that can do anything to the game. The rest of us can only send feedback and make suggestions, and then try to make the best of things and organise events and activities.
So yes, I know you would like to see a development of things, but it's no use to keep writing it, because I/we seriously can't do anything about it ...... even if you mention it 1000 times more
What some of us would like to see is more events on the regular worlds. I am not sure why is that so hard to understand.
Nothing is stopping you from running a fort fight event (or any other kind of competitive event) on the regular worlds, even on those with low activity. Numbers would still be higher than 50-100 regulars joining a speed world while it would help with retaining the current playerbase which is trapped on dead worlds.

Snr Sarg

A squad is typically 4 people, one single dev does not qualify as a squad. Getting a speed event world ready does require some preparation, mostly just erase the data (characters & towns) from the last time the event server in .net was used, I believed it to be en13. And setting the bonuses and rules for the new event in en13. With that being said, considering how fast it is and how rarely it requires to be done, its not something that takes a lot of resources/time from "develop the main game".

A software dev squad can be any size depending on the project. For example, the squad I currently work on is 20 strong and about to grow

Just saying

Snr Sarg

But setting up a new world still needs Inno resource, and any distraction for them from the main task is a negative IMO

Nortt

just make classy available, figure out tasks like the old geronimo event, and reward players in v2.

JWillow

What some of us would like to see is more events on the regular worlds. I am not sure why is that so hard to understand.
Nothing is stopping you from running a fort fight event (or any other kind of competitive event) on the regular worlds, even on those with low activity. Numbers would still be higher than 50-100 regulars joining a speed world while it would help with retaining the current playerbase which is trapped on dead worlds.
Could you give an example of how a event on regular world would go?
As I can not imagine anyway that a fair competition could happen, as regular servers at their base are not meant to be fair. (yeah yeah I am dumb, so need some examples and maybe the light will be found)

Ektoras BOTrini

I personally voted for Fort Battles but hear me out:

what if , it's an experience speed but the rewards go to the players that made the least job sessions.

Example:

the first 5 players that reach 150 level with the most least job sessions, Win X prize.

asdf124

None of the choices interest me. I have zero interest in speedservers. I don't want to start any more worlds. I play three net worlds and beta and that is too much time already. I'd rather see fixes to the worlds that already exist and the chances for the special prizes for playing them.
What "fixes" are you talking about?
I personally voted for Fort Battles but hear me out:

what if , it's an experience speed but the rewards go to the players that made the least job sessions.

Example:

the first 5 players that reach 150 level with the most least job sessions, Win X prize.
I hope silver/gold jobs are enabled for all jobs, ie, no gold, only silver jobs on all jobs, gold jobs with infinite uses without silver jobs, or no silver/gold jobs available.

Could you give an example of how a event on regular world would go?
As I can not imagine anyway that a fair competition could happen, as regular servers at their base are not meant to be fair. (yeah yeah I am dumb, so need some examples and maybe the light will be found)
The example would be like chinese pirates in world 11, and world 4 had a similar event I don't recall what it was.

Ektoras BOTrini

I hope silver/gold jobs are enabled for all jobs, ie, no gold, only silver jobs on all jobs, gold jobs with infinite uses without silver jobs, or no silver/gold jobs available.
Sure it can be whatever , the only thing that should matter is the Job sessions.

Pankreas PorFavor

world 4 had a similar event I don't recall what it was.

huh, someone still remembers this? if I remember correctly, that was in 2010/2011? "Tex-Mex war", the world population was split in 2 alliances, Texas and Mexico, and we were having regular fort battles for a couple of months. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember the participants were supposed to get a medal, but that never happened.
I migrated that character so it's still alive. The reports were lost in migration, but I copied this "Thank you for your participation in the Tex/Mex event. Category - Mexican Fighter – award premium chest". That was back when prem chests had some value.
https://www.westforts.com/en4/players I even made it to 13th spot :D

Harriet Oleson

Another way to encourage 1h jobs instead of 15s jobs could be to give some special XP buffs + automation medals at the start of speed worlds in parallel/instead of some world bonuses. Buffs not auctionable, not buyable at the shop.

The interest of it, it's with buffs giving huge xp bonuses but allowing a limited number of uses ("uses : 8" for example), it's pretty incentive to use them and this mainly for 1h jobs (or 10 min if all buffs together allow more uses than the number of hours in the entire event); if used with 15s jobs, they are just wasted cause you can't win a lot with only 8x15s jobs. According to the duration of the event, the number/type of buffs given at the start, and the world bonuses, the incentive would be different and players may have to make choices according to the goal they are aiming for.

Alduin

Inno is a company that sells product. Players are customers. One of the main reasons people are too critic and slowly losing their will to play all Inno's fault about their bad product management. More than half of players demanding fixes or at least some new content but all we have are speed servers and same items on sale for years (soccer fan, fire fighter, western friday and more) and slow but certain march of events losing their value as animal sets are completely behind paywall now.

This is an obvious problem, either Inno doesnt care about customer happiness which is a complete no no when it comes cooperation like Inno or there a broken link on communications. Since we all here try to put some idea and express ourselves one way or another but as we all can see difference is almost unnoticeable. So far speed servers did nothin but promote bots and account sharing which is forbidden by game rules or some of us are not human here as certain people can be online 7/24 magically and ironically when theres a speed server. Harmless scripts are banned while actual reason of bot usage is still promoted, lovely.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Inno is a company that sells product. Players are customers. One of the main reasons people are too critic and slowly losing their will to play all Inno's fault about their bad product management. More than half of players demanding fixes or at least some new content but all we have are speed servers and same items on sale for years (soccer fan, fire fighter, western friday and more) and slow but certain march of events losing their value as animal sets are completely behind paywall now.

This is an obvious problem, either Inno doesnt care about customer happiness which is a complete no no when it comes cooperation like Inno or there a broken link on communications. Since we all here try to put some idea and express ourselves one way or another but as we all can see difference is almost unnoticeable. So far speed servers did nothin but promote bots and account sharing which is forbidden by game rules or some of us are not human here as certain people can be online 7/24 magically and ironically when theres a speed server. Harmless scripts are banned while actual reason of bot usage is still promoted, lovely.
How do you expect me to respond to that comment?

All feedback from you is sent directly to Innogames, but it's out of my hands what they do with it - The team here including me is part of The community, NOT the development... This thread is so that you can be heard in what we actually CAN do something about, namely making activities that you like, and contests.

It's a very limited area we can work with, but the team and me try to make the best out of what we have to work with, if you don't want to be part of a positive and constructive exchange of ideas, that's fine. Sometimes you just have to focus and embrace what you can do something about and not what you can't - no chasing wind mills.

Alduin

How do you expect me to respond to that comment?

All feedback from you is sent directly to Innogames, but it's out of my hands what they do with it.

Where did i put the blame on you ? You are the one who works with Inno and i have business classes. We both aware of the fact there more than only 3 links on communication chain. Have you played "Chinese Whispers" ? Players say that they want "B", you rely it as "B" but as more it moves up to communication chain it becomes "F/S/T" you get the idea. You had no reason to be suddenly this defensive..
It's a very limited area we can work with, but the team and me try to make the best out of what we have to work with, if you don't want to be part of a positive and constructive exchange of ideas, that's fine. Sometimes you just have to focus and embrace what you can do something about and not what you can't - no chasing wind mills.

What is exactly wrong with my feedback ? It is common most people hates me because i have what it takes to speak the truth. If you want me to be more specific i can.

Scripts are fan made extensions that player deemed to be absolutely necessary tools to help gameplay but never implemented by developers.
Feedbacks are personal experiences of players.
Cheating and cheaters will be always be present as the competition is here.

I speak my truth only, i never tried to force people to believe what i think is absolute truth and everyone should act accordingly. I am open to debate about my truths and i am more than willing to share my side of the story that led me think this way but if you reply me in hostile manner like this it will lead only to the dead ends.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Where did i put the blame on you ? You are the one who works with Inno and i have business classes. We both aware of the fact there more than only 3 links on communication chain. Have you played "Chinese Whispers" ? Players say that they want "B", you rely it as "B" but as more it moves up to communication chain it becomes "F/S/T" you get the idea. You had no reason to be suddenly this defensive..

What is exactly wrong with my feedback ? It is common most people hates me because i have what it takes to speak the truth. If you want me to be more specific i can.

Scripts are fan made extensions that player deemed to be absolutely necessary tools to help gameplay but never implemented by developers.
Feedbacks are personal experiences of players.
Cheating and cheaters will be always be present as the competition is here.

I speak my truth only, i never tried to force people to believe what i think is absolute truth and everyone should act accordingly. I am open to debate about my truths and i am more than willing to share my side of the story that led me think this way but if you reply me in hostile manner like this it will lead only to the dead ends.
Lets stick to the topic :)
This is not a thread about Innogames' business model