Sick One

DeletedUser31931

Maya had the address, she knew the apartment number and exactly how long she had to question the girl before the feedback loop would be tripped and the system would restore. She set her watch on the bus, the timer was good to go. Upon setting the loop in place, she had five minutes to question the girl and then another five to get out of the building. In the meanwhile, the footage from the incident would be corrupted, the automated system would put it down to a glitch and wipe the footage and no-one would be any the wiser, especially because The Department didn't trust people to watch all the surveillance footage, so they got computers to instead. She looked at where she was on the bus, it seemed she had about half an hour to go until she reached Sera's flat. Almost showtime, Maya thought and smiled, this should be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As the two ladies started walking toward the bus stop, Doc said to the younger woman "Seeing as Vincent has come through with a place for us, I think I should hold onto my things for now. If we stashed them, that would require us going to your place twice, and I am not convinced that we should go back even once." Now that Vincent found a place for them, Doc was eager to get there and relax. It had been a tough couple of days, and a long soak in a hot tub sounded wonderful. Why didn't they think to get some of Sera's things before they left this morning? Doc really needed to start thinking better. Sera deserved to get a few things too, so Doc said "Let's do the same that we did at my place. I will stay and watch outside, while you go in and pack a few things. "If I see anything, I will text you. What do you think?"

DeletedUser28032

"Sadly dropping off the grid is more liable to attract attention than if I was to go home...though picking up some clothes might not be a bad idea" Sera responded to Doc's suggestion after all sooner or later she would have to go into hiding; better to have some clothes already waiting for her rather than having to risk going home when that particular moment in time arose.
Climbing aboard the bus the two women carried on where they left off, chatting until they reached Sera's stop where upon they got off, more to save Doc's arms than anything else, besides which a red head carrying a suitcase was going to be easy to follow regardless of which stop they got off of so they would just have to hope that no one was watching them.
"Ok I'll just go an pack a few things into a rucksack" Sera said as they reached the front of her building the large Armscorp logo resplendent upon its front "...I shouldn't be more than five minutes, then we'll go and meet Vincent" she continued; typing in the building door code as she does so.
Giving her friend a cheery smile she then proceeds to climb the stairs and head for her apartment.

DeletedUser31931

Maya arrived and stepped off of the bus, as she moved towards the apartment building, she saw another bus stop, and her target get off with another member of the group, Doc? Whatever this meant, it confirmed that Sera would be here. Maya slipped inside the building and opted to take the lift. She waited and then moved up and around the corridor, so that she would be out of sight of Sera when Sera re-entered her apartment.

DeletedUser28032

Upon reaching the top of the stairs Sera heads straight for her door; typing in yet another code before entering. Once inside she wastes little time in retrieving an old battered rucksack from the bottom of her wardrobe and begin packing some clean clothes and underwear along with a few toiletries and an envelope with some money inside to act as an emergency fund.
She was about to leave when on a whim she instead heads for the kitchen in order to remove the gun from its hiding place. With the gun still wrapped in its plastic bag she stuffs it into the bottom of the rucksack glad to be able to get it out of her home. With her bag packed and no text message from Doc saying that she was about to get raided by the police Sera turns and heads for the door with time to spare.

DeletedUser31931

Maya heard Sera walk along the corridor and enter the apartment. She waited for about two minutes, just to make sure, and then Maya walked out and headed towards. At this point she activated the jammer and set her watch, the six minute timer ticking down and walked up to the door. She looked at door, and on a whim, tried the Department override code, it still worked, and that meant that this little trip wouldn't be recorded in any way. Maya opened the door and as she shut it again she launched into a headlong run, before Sera could react, the woman had sprinted the distance and rugby tackled her to the ground. Maya produced her pistol from it's hiding place and placed it under Sera's head, whilst with her spare hands she took the woman's hands, and pinned those to the floor, the ex-agent being much stronger than the lab-worker. "You're the mole aren't you?" She hissed, "I knew you were the mole from the moment I saw you! Tell me the truth!" Hopefully this way she would intimidate the woman into telling her the truth, and then once she knew she could carry on from there.

DeletedUser28032

A look of shock appears on Sera's face; her mouth opening to say something along the lines of Maya!? How the hell did you get in here! Before being painfully tackled to the ground sending both her bag and glasses flying across the floor. Despite her best efforts struggling seemed to have little effect on the other woman who even though she was around about the same size as the lab-tech had far more training than she did and had clearly spent far more time in a gym as well.
Feeling the cold steel of a gun being pressed under her chin Sera ceases to move other than a slight trembling as fear slowly began to creep into her body; the Russian woman so close that she didn't need her glasses to see her shouting accusations at her "No! It wasn't me I...I didn't even know where we going till we got there! I...I didn't even want to be there!" she whimpered in a tiny voice; tears edging into the corners of her eyes hoping that that would satisfy the mad Russian or at least delay her long enough for either Doc or the buildings corporate security team to come to her aid.
It wasn't advertised, but Sera knew for a fact that the green ENTER button at the bottom of her room keypad had a fingerprint reader on it so that if anyone other than Sera tried to use the door people would know about it very soon.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Braet, you do realise that your last statement is defunct, the Department code would override all other orders, because if they want to quietly have a person "vanish" then they'd make certain it would not do things such as tell everyone their there.)

The girl protested her innocence, and Maya saw that wide look in her eyes, she hadn't known it when she'd started, but she knew it now, it was fear. She had the advantage, the girl was at her mercy, "Are you certain Sera?" She asked with every once of malice she had resonating in her voice, "Because if I find you've been lying to me... I'll have to do things which have made some very strong men scream and beg for mercy, I'd hate to see the same happen to you."

DeletedUser

Doc knew something was wrong. It was almost ten minutes now, and Sera was not back. But, what was she to do? She didn't want to call attention to their arrival, but she was very worried. If Sera had just been delayed, she would have sent a text to Doc. If noone had entered or left the building, then they must have been waiting for her inside. Ohhh! I knew coming back here was a mistake, Doc thought.

Doc gathered her courage, and went to the outside door, and rang the bell. The doorman came to the door, and asked who she was there to see. Doc said "I was to meet Sera for coffee, but she hasn't come down." On no! Doc didn't know Sera's last name. "I think something has happened, can you follow me to her room? It's very important, please...!"

The doorman seemed reluctant, but I think that the plea in the woman's voice convinced him. He didn't even notice that Doc hadn't used Sera's last name. He followed Doc to Sera's door, and Doc rang the bell, and knocked at the same time. "Sera...Sera, answer the door."

DeletedUser28032

"Please don't...I haven't done anything wrong" she continued in the same quiet voice, wishing that she could disappear through the floor, not even sure why she was being accused at all "...why...why would I help them? They took my mother and made me kill all those people" she said before bursting into tears. She'd never asked for this, hadn't even wanted to go on the raid in the first place, she'd just wanted to do the right thing.
It was at this point that she heard Doc's voice calling through the door to her, causing her breath to catch in her throat. She couldn't let Maya get her, not Doc, she was her friend and yet she was powerless to warn her about the mad Russian woman in her home.

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: This post should really help you get a handle on the full psychopathic nature of Maya)

She was clean, that was good, it had worked, the girl had crumbled and Maya knew that everything was good. She put away the gun, stood up and offered a hand to Sera, picking up her glasses and handing them back to the woman. There was a woman at the door, another of the members of the group, Maya knew she'd need to check her, but whether right now was the best option or not would certainly come in to question. "Sera, I'm checking all of the members of the group, so I need you to not mention this to anyone. Apologies about that, I just had to be sure." Maya ended this statement by finally putting the gun back into the sheath. "Anyway, I'm thinking you're going to need to get rid of building security please."

DeletedUser28032

“And on today’s news thirty two people have been killed and a further twenty placed under critical condition after terrorists used poison gas to attack an apartment complex in Munich…” the cup shatters as it strikes the floor, the girl staring horrified as the news showed aerial footage of an apartment block in the centre of Munich surrounded by clouds of pink smoke. Her gas, the pesticide that she had laboured over all those nights used to kill all those people and there was no doubting that it was hers. Hadn’t they all joked about the colour? “Trust you Sera to make it pink!” but how! They hadn’t even started production there was only the pair of sample canisters that they’d submitted to…the realisation of what had happened, what had really happened suddenly hit her ”they took the sample canister and they…oh god!” clapping her hand across her mouth she then sprinted for the bathroom so that she could be violently sick.

It had been this event along with a drunken rant that had caused her to join the FF, hoping that perhaps she would be able to; if not make amends for what had happened then at least stop it from happening again.
Yet as she lay upon her living room floor in tears; pinned to the ground by a mad woman with a gun all of her old doubts about whether she was really up to this were all coming back with a vengeance, the mere threat of torture having caused her to crack.
Cautiously taking the proffered glasses half expecting the gesture to turn into some kind of a trap she puts them back on before cautiously getting to her feet ignoring the offered hand and heads for the door being sure to give the Russian a wide berth as she does so. For a moment she toys with the idea of letting security in only to realise that all it would achieve would be the man’s and possibly her and Doc’s death. Hoping that Maya had the sense to make herself scarce Sera slowly opens the door doing her best to cuff away the worst of the tears as she does so “Hey Maggy…I…I was supposed to meet you wasn’t I…oh hey Hank…” she says offering the security man an apologetic look “…I am sorry if I worried you guys but I just got some really bad news…I…I’ll see you downstairs in a minute ok? Sorry if I caused you any trouble Hank” she said hoping that her appearance wouldn’t prompt any follow up questions.
Closing the door she turns to face the Russian before speaking in a subdued voice “They’re gone…can I go now?”

DeletedUser31931

Sera took her glasses back, and then got up without her aid, and headed for the door, clearly to remove security, and so at this point she slipped across the flat and into the bathroom, closing the door softly behind her. She checked her watch, she was fine on time, her questioning had only lasted about two minutes, so she still had full eight minutes before the CCTV would start up again. She could get out as soon as this doorman was gone. The doorman left and Sera, seemingly alone now said that it was safe and asked if she could go. Maya walked out of the bathroom and nodded before pulling a cellphone and throwing it lightly underarm to the other woman. "Take this. It's only got my number on it which is under Mum. If anyone-else calls you and doesn't immediately give the password "Hey sweetie" then throw the phone in the bin, in the street, wherever, immediately and get the hell out of there, because they're most likely on to you. One of the team is a mole, higher has confirmed that much, I'm requiring you to work with me and figure out who it is." With that, Maya waited for some form of confirmation from the girl.

DeletedUser

Odd... very very odd, Doc thought to herself. Something was not right, no...that was an understatement, something was very wrong. When Sera came to the door, she acted like she had forgotten they were to meet. Doc knew this was impossible. The older woman hadn't known Sera for long, but Doc didn't need to use her degree in Forensic Psychology to see that something had deeply disturbed the young woman. And then too she had called her Maggie, in front of the security doorman. Things were just not adding up. What kind of bad news could it have been? Doc would have decided to camp out in front of Sera's door, but the doorman was already looking at his watch, and ushering her to the exit. Okay... Doc would wait outside, but she hoped Sera would come down soon, so she could find out what the heck happened.

DeletedUser28032

"Sure" Sera replies with all the enthusiasm of somebody who’s just been told to kiss a leper as she clumsily catches the phone. Deciding not to waste any time lest she change her mind she grabs her bag from where it had fallen on the floor; grateful that it had remained closed saving her the ignominy of having pick up all of her clothes in front of the Russian, before heading out of the door. The door would automatically lock after a while so she didn't bother waiting for Maya to leave, instead she headed straight down the stairs an out the door to where Doc was waiting for her "We need to get out of here, Maya was in my room" she whispers frantically into the other woman’s ear; putting her arms about her in a hug as she does so "She...she put a gun to my head and accused me of being a mole" she continued, struggling to keep back the fresh wave of tears threatening to spill down her already red and blotchy cheeks "...come we'd better go and warn Vincent...then I intend to get very drunk"

DeletedUser

"Oh my goodness, that had to be awful!" Doc exclaimed in the younger woman's ear, as she returned the hug. "I knew something wasn't right, let's start walking." As the two women started toward their destination, Doc realized that she was very confused. This whole thing just didn't make any sense at all. Doc reflected on the evidence. If Maya was the mole, why would she accuse Sera? If Maya wasn't the mole, then who was? They hadn't seen Ethan since he had fled the scene on one of the bikes, maybe it was him. He had been the first to flee. But then, Doc speculated that it could have been Katy or Eddy, and they just didn't live to tell about it. Doc switched the suitcase to the other hand, and said to Sera, "We need to make sure we are not followed to our new place... should we get back on the bus again?" Too many possibilities, not enough data. "I am very glad that she didn't hurt you, my friend.... you certainly do deserve that drink."

DeletedUser28032

“She’s crazy! I thought she was going to shoot me!” Sera replied in a distraught whisper as the other woman offered sympathetic words before enquiring whether they should take a bus. The club; Verdant wasn’t all that far away and normally Sera would think nothing of walking there however with both her and her friend laden down with bags she decided against it “we’ll get a cab, I am sick of buses and it isn’t that far away” she said sounding far more confident than she felt at this point in time; her encounter with Maya having severely shaken any self confidence concerning her abilities and the task at hand.
Walking the short distance from her apartment to the main street, it doesn’t take long for them to flag down one of the many yellow cab’s roaming the streets of New York; the middle aged cabbie asking where they wanted to go in a strong New Jersey accent that Sera struggled to follow.
After helping them load their bags into the back; obviously taking pity on the poor tear stained blonde and her caring friend the cabbie drives the pair over to the club chatting amiably with them as he does so although Sera didn’t say too much as she was still struggling with the man’s accent.
After paying the cabbie his fare with a rather weak smile on her face Sera quickly texts Vincent the address for the club before heading for the door. It was still far too early for any form of nightlife so the place was practically deserted as the pair of them entered; the bored barman looking up at them hopefully “I am going to get a drink would you like anything?” she asks her friend. Once she got her drink it would be a simple matter of waiting for Vincent to arrive.

DeletedUser

Doc thought that Sera's suggestion of a cab was a wonderful one. She was grateful to just lay her head back and actually relax for a few minutes. The cabbie was talkative, and difficult to understand, so Doc did a lot of smiling and nodding. It's amazing what a smile and affirmative nod can do to get people to talk, and not realize that they are doing most of the talking. Doc watched Sera text Vincent the address of the club, and then she inquired whether Doc wanted something to drink. "Club soda with lemon please" Doc said to the bartender. "You don't really want to see me drinking Sera." Doc grinned mischievously. "But, feel free...you deserve it!" Doc gave the darkened club a quick scan to make sure that it seemed safe before the two of them found a seat in a booth that faced the door. Doc hoped that Vincent would appear soon, and the the safe house wasn't too far away. Doc really needed a good rest.

DeletedUser13682

Vincent woke up, his phone spewing out the sound of a Saturn V launch. The sound indicated that his phone had received a text message. How long had he been asleep? Looking at the message, Vincent saw that Sera and Doc had arrived at the Verdant. Was it that time already? Vincent didn’t recall how he had fallen asleep, but it probably didn’t matter. He got out of his bed, and headed to the bathroom to freshen up a bit. After doing those necessary hygiene tasks, slicking back his hair, putting a bit of cologne on, and picking out a new blazer and tie, Vincent was ready to go meet up with the others. Looking at the address on his phone, Vincent knew it was too far to walk, and buses were out of the question because reason. That left a taxi as the only choice. Vincent stepped outside, where the twilight revealed a few sitting taxis. Entering one, Vincent gave an address a few blocks away from the Verdant, and negotiated a price.

On the ride there, Vincent thought about how they would all get to the safehouse unnoticed. Once they arrived, it was simple to stay hidden; just keep your head down and you would be fine. Before he knew it, the cab arrived at his requested address, and Vincent alighted, walking the few blocks to the Verdant. Maybe they could take vacations, and just not return. Either way, the police would be after them when they went missing for a while, but maybe a week where they were expected to be gone would give them enough time to cover their tracks, making them untraceable. Vincent entered the establishment, and looked around for the women. He noticed them in a booth facing the door, and waved to them. Before he arrived at his final destination, however, Vincent made a detour to the bar where he grabbed three Irish coffees, and brought them to the table. “Evening,” Vincent said as he slid into the booth. “I didn’t know what you drank, so I grabbed a perennial favourite, fresh from the Emerald Isle!” He placed an Irish coffee in front of each of them, and began to sip his. “Not bad, but the Buena Vista still makes the best one in America.”

DeletedUser

The Verdant

In the corner of the dark club a screen flashed aerial pics of the factory attack. Outside the roar of a motorbike sliced the air, and a bike roared down the road outside at what surely must have been above the speed limit.

Maya

(Zem for the sake of simplicity I'm going to assume that you've already exited the apartment building)

The street outside was fairly peaceful. A nearby public telescreen played footage of the factory attack as public experts in this or that worthless field of academia talked about how the terrorists couldn't be allowed to terrorise the population in conforming to their wishes. On the nearby street traffic flowed. A schoolbus, a pair of motorbikes, container trucks, a black SUV, and other assorted vehicles smoothly traversed the tarmac.
Meanwhile the telescreen flashed with a bulletin. "TERRORISTS IDENTIFIED." The newscaster interrupted the worthless academics to speak; "News just coming in now from Federal Unity spokespersons; multiple terrorists from yesterday's horrendous attack have been identified. The spokesperson has not said how many terrorists have been identified, nor have their names been released yet, but Federal Unity channels assure us that their names and profiles will be released within the next hour."