Shop Renovation

DeletedUser

So in the end not only will every town have the "best" items but there would be no diversity as well?

I'm not convinced this is such a good idea.

DeletedUser

So in the end not only will every town have the "best" items but there would be no diversity as well?

I don't mean to come off as stern (or an ass), but...

NO. You haven't read all of the posts, and I'm not even certain you've read the initial post, to be honest.

I am not going to list these points anymore after this. People keep asserting the same 3 concerns, despite clear and definitive contradictions in earlier posts. Hasty nay-sayers are the reason that ideas die in these forums. They just spout off without actually adding anything to the discussion. Having a high reputation puts a lot of responsibility on posters to weigh the key points, risks and benefits of an idea before posting a response; because many forum regulars blindly respect your words, regardless of their true worth.

My third attempt to rebut the same, recurring concerns:

1. The item to be upgraded or re-colored is RANDOM each time.
2. Each renovation becomes exceedingly more difficult than the previous one. A tenth renovation would bear a difficulty of up to 500+.
3. You carry the risk of a colored item you like changing to an item you do not like. "Upgrade" is a relative term!!
4. Every town's gunsmith has at least 2-4 rusty weapons. This means that you have to conduct 3-5 renovations before you upgrade a regular weapon to a precise weapon, and it just MAY be your slingshot.

Best-case scenario:
If -- after 20-30 increasingly difficult renovations -- a town has achieved what many would consider to be "perfect shops," then they deserve it. They've put the work into it over what could very well be years. I see no problem with diligent, dedicated focus being appropriately rewarded.

So, to summarize, CraZ:
You're being a hasty nay-sayer. I can guarantee that if this idea were proposed by a Gambler or Deputy Sheriff, your response would have been more thoughtful -- and therein lay the inherent problem with The West's public forum. I don't expect everyone to like my ideas, but I deserve -- we all deserve -- thoughtful consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You don't get new items, you only 'upgrade' the current ones so no town, would have all the items, as no town can get all the items now.

DeletedUser

So, to summarize, CraZ:
You're being a hasty nay-sayer. I can guarantee that if this idea were proposed by a Gambler or Deputy Sheriff, your response would have been more thoughtful -- and therein lay the inherent problem with The West's public forum. I don't expect everyone to like my ideas, but I deserve -- we all deserve -- thoughtful consideration.

You're assumption is wrong and if you would have read a bit more posts made by me you wouldn't of judge me as a person like you did here. I couldn't care less what is your rank in this forum, if I don't like your suggestion and have problems with it I will express my self exactly as I did.

your "Best-case scenario" will happen sooner then you think, towns in this version of the west are known in their ability to max their town in no time and a "500+ difficulty" is nothing compare to the ability of some of the good players playing here.

I read the entire idea and I don't like it. you can just accept that instead of whining how much of a "hasty nay-sayer" I am or that I discriminate you over your ranking in this forum. both assumptions are completely untrue.

DeletedUser

You're assumption is wrong and if you would have read a bit more posts made by me you wouldn't of judge me as a person like you did here. I couldn't care less what is your rank in this forum, if I don't like your suggestion and have problems with it I will express my self exactly as I did.

your "Best-case scenario" will happen sooner then you think, towns in this version of the west are known in their ability to max their town in no time and a "500+ difficulty" is nothing compare to the ability of some of the good players playing here.

I read the entire idea and I don't like it. you can just accept that instead of whining how much of a "hasty nay-sayer" I am or that I discriminate you over your ranking in this forum. both assumptions are completely untrue.

I appreciate your response, Craz. To be clear, we will agree to disagree on how quickly towns will realize the "best-case scenario." In any case, like many other posters have stated, the results of Renovations are random and volatile at times. Firstly, there is no such thing as a "perfect" shop -- except with the Gunsmith, and it will take a team of super-builders months in a rotation town to complete even 10 renovations. Secondly, you simply cannot plan renovation results. You could upgrade your Tailor 40 times and never get the one item you'd hoped for initially. Realistically, players are already swapping towns to shop for items they cannot get in their own, so this feature does not put anyone at an unfair advantage, especially not large towns with "good players." Such "good players" already have the best items, and if they do not, they are able to speak to any one of their 10 family towns for a shopping invite.

The points you referenced were -- to reiterate -- explicitly dissolved by previous posts. I would argue that most people who have read the thread would agree with that statement. So, I had to assume either that you were confused, had misinterpreted the thread's intent, or were nay-saying. It's a public internet forum... what would you presume in my position?

If you feel I attacked your character, then I apologize unconditionally. I was attacking your method, as I perceived it.

DeletedUser

A Blacksmith has been suggested that would take care of weapon upgrades and upgrading horses. You might want to look at that thread. With a Blacksmith and shopping passes (if they were both implemented) a player could get all the gear they needed without leaving town to do so. We don't want things to be too easy though, that is why the Blacksmith requires certain products to be acquired and fees associated with it.

I have a problem with any idea that keeps builders building. Many builders do not want to continue building. Once they are done with their town they take a huge sigh of relief and want to get on with questing or even speccing for dueling.

DeletedUser

awesome idea. I'm a builder in two worlds and I'm sort of scared to start my own town because I'm scared my construction level isn't high enough to avoid these problems. Allowing to fix them by renovations is an awesome idea.