Sheriff Improvements

DeletedUser

If you really want the bounty reward so bad you should just complete the bounty yourself & if some one happens to beat you to it then there is a high chance you will already be in the same location as that player & able to duel them with out leeching off err depending on a list of recent winners to figure out who you want to duel next.

DeletedUser

The reason why there has to be a delay is because this is not like scouting for silver mine spots, it's a list where you can see exactly how much the bounty was worth, by whom it was collected and at what time. You can easily do your math and check if the bounty hunter will be able to reach his home town. Yes, he can sleep in another town, but most of the time almost every player goes back for his hotel.

Also the biggest reason why there should be a delay is because the list does not even exist right now. There is no way to find the recent bounties collected, so introducing it with a delay would change nothing of the current game version, but simply add more content. After all I am not proposing a blacklist for people to drool on and try to duel for their own benefit.

If there is no delay, searching for players through the list for profit is abuse, because it's the same as breaking into their account to find out how much cash they are walking around with. This is supposed to be a recent history of the bounties collected made for reference of who is actively collecting for example, not to endanger hunters for no reason and watch them adapt.

DeletedUser

The reason why there has to be a delay is because this is not like scouting for silver mine spots, it's a list where you can see exactly how much the bounty was worth, by whom it was collected and at what time. You can easily do your math and check if the bounty hunter will be able to reach his home town. Yes, he can sleep in another town, but most of the time almost every player goes back for his hotel.

Also the biggest reason why there should be a delay is because the list does not even exist right now. There is no way to find the recent bounties collected, so introducing it with a delay would change nothing of the current game version, but simply add more content. After all I am not proposing a blacklist for people to drool on and try to duel for their own benefit.

If there is no delay, searching for players through the list for profit is abuse, because it's the same as breaking into their account to find out how much cash they are walking around with. This is supposed to be a recent history of the bounties collected made for reference of who is actively collecting for example, not to endanger hunters for no reason and watch them adapt.

So basicly you want a hall of fame for bounty hunters and protection to guard their cash.

I don't think it's abuse at all or it's not pushing it's being smart, anyways lets get this to a vote if it's ready ?

DeletedUser22575

So not only do we want to protect him b00k, we want to make sure he has time to get home to his own bank to deposit so he hasn't got to pay a higher fee.

I don't think so. I myself am a dueler. If I can't collect a bounty and go bank what is essentially free money at the closest bank to protect myself instead of being greedy and take my chances instead...then I deserve to be mugged.

DeletedUser

I don't see why you think I want protection for bounty hunters. Also it's not a hall of fame, but a few bounties that were collected recently, say 10 for example. I want the list without adding anything to the bounty system. Right now you are unable to know which bounty was collected by whom so you can't target bounty hunters. If the list is added it's the same but you get to see a few headlines similar to most recent fort battles. You can't change anything but it's nice to see what is happening around you.

Good Feather said he was working on a better visual aid for the blue and gray squares, so I suppose when he is ready we will vote on this.

DeletedUser

If I can't collect a bounty and go bank what is essentially free money at the closest bank to protect myself instead of being greedy and take my chances instead...then I deserve to be mugged.

If a player collects a bounty and doesn't bank it right away they ARE at risk of getting mugged : good luck finding them with out a list of recent winners to leech off of. The dervs are not going to paint targets on players with no delay.

Lucky for you there is a way to get your hands on that $ : complete the bounty your self. If you'r so eager to go after the person that collected the bounty you should be able to collect it your self.

DeletedUser22575

If a player collects a bounty and doesn't bank it right away they ARE at risk of getting mugged : good luck finding them with out a list of recent winners to leech off of. The dervs are not going to paint targets on players with no delay.

Lucky for you there is a way to get your hands on that $ : complete the bounty your self. If you'r so eager to go after the person that collected the bounty you should be able to collect it your self.

Lets see.

1. A player duels another player and collects a bounty.

2. The system then has to post the results to the list.

3. I then would have to review the list and travel to where that player was.

4. I would then have to que a 10 minute duel.

This all takes time. During that time the player who dueled has had time to travel away from that location or to bank.

Not adding any further delay to this is not "the devas painting a target on anyone" but would be adding a protection to one specific job dueling for the collection of bounty that no other job in the system would have. In fact when the Devas approved the bounty system they also approved "painting targets on specific players" when they did so.

There unequivocally should be no special protection for any one job in this game. And thats all bounty collection is..another job.

The best I can determine from your post is you firmly believe in special and discriminatory protections that benefit those who duel and collect bounties and do not believe in a fair and equitable system for all classes and jobs in the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If a player collects a bounty and doesn't bank it right away they ARE at risk of getting mugged : good luck finding them with out a list of recent winners to leech off of. The dervs are not going to paint targets on players with no delay

This is a very good argument as to why there should be a delay. Right now it's impossible to find a bounty hunter who has collected a reward and my idea does not want this. I am only proposing the recent bounties list. Tj you can vote against the idea when the voting starts, however, I will not alter it so the list's main use is leeching off others. Leeching seems to be the best word.

DeletedUser

Lets see.

Not adding any further delay to this is not "the devas painting a target on anyone" but would be adding a protection to one specific job dueling for the collection of bounty that no other job in the system would have.

no other "job" in the system is having a debate on if the last ppl to complete the "job" should be shown on a list the moment the job is done. In order for the list of bounty hunters to be fair under your premise every job would need to have the last few ppl to do it listed in a central location regardless of the job location. otherwise bounty hunters would be unfairly targeted.

The intent was to "show off" who had been bounty hunting , the list could be updated monthly for all it matters when kept to the original idea. Maybe a better idea bOOK would be to have them add a bounty hunter stat like the dueling won / lost stat in the character screen. they could be bounties collected : bounties placed on you : bounties placed on others. each could have the cash totals collected spent whatever.

DeletedUser22575

I just don't understand why if you think you can beat the person who won the duel to collect the bounty why you wouldn't be able to beat the person he beat to collect the bounty yourself? assuming the person with the bounty was in your dueling range to start with.

This does actually happen now without the list.

You go to the Sheriffs office and find someone with a bounty on them. You find their position on the map.

I myself then look to see who else is at that area with them, and if they are a dueler and within the range to be able to hit him and collect the bounty.

I then travel there, and occasionally I will check to see if anyone new has arrived at that location and if they still have a bounty on them. Once I arrive I then again check the Sheriffs Office to see if they still have a bounty on them. If they do I que them.

If they don't I then immediately hit whom I think was the best candidate to have collected the bounty. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If I get a duel report back and collect the bounty I then immediately head to the nearest bank. If I get a report and there was no longer any bounty...again I immediately que what I think was best candidate from those who were there to have collected the bounty.

This is a very good argument as to why there should be a delay. Right now it's impossible to find a bounty hunter who has collected a reward and my idea does not want this. I am only proposing the recent bounties list. Tj you can vote against the idea when the voting starts, however, I will not alter it so the list's main use is leeching off others. Leeching seems to be the best word.

It is not impossible to hit someone who has collected a bounty. It takes some work, but it is quite possible.

At the present time it takes about 15 minutes for a level change or changes in duels won/lost to be posted depending plus/minus on when they occurred versus the records being updated. I haven't seen anything to make me think this list will be updated any sooner, and with the times involved that is plenty of time for a player to be responsible for himself and take steps to protect himself.

And b00k I will vote against anything that results in the system protecting a player and holding his hand for him versus the player displaying a little imitative and being responsible for himself.

DeletedUser

I edited that part out cuz it only vaguely makes sense , reread the edited post as the first paragraph is where your focus should have been any way.

Also why make such a big deal about a nonexistent list if you already go about dueling people who collected the bounty anyway with out it? You just want a short cut to take most the effort out of doing it?

DeletedUser22575

I edited that part out cuz it only vaguely makes sense , reread the edited post as the first paragraph is where your focus should have been any way.

Also why make such a big deal about a nonexistent list if you already go about dueling people who collected the bounty anyway with out it? You just want a short cut to take most the effort out of doing it?

Mo, you miss my point. I just don't believe that any one job should have some built in protection for players. And I believe that players should protect themselves and have adequate opportunity to do so in this case.

And I probable wouldn't object to a 30 minute delay so much..but 24 hours is just unreasonable protection.

DeletedUser

Where is the built in protection? Did he propose that a bounty hunter gets a 24 hour grace period in which they can't be dueled after collecting a bounty? You sound like thats is the idea. The player wouldn't be getting any special protection by having a long delay as you can still duel them if you can find them but leeches wouldn't get a short cut to finding them. not a difficult concept.

You can't just make the results of only 1 job type public so ditching the idea entirely & asking for ranked stats shown in profiles just like dueling is the better option 2 see who is the best bounty hunter. It can be ranked by total bounties collected & by the bounty rewards collected.

DeletedUser22575

Where is the built in protection? Did he propose that a bounty hunter gets a 24 hour grace period in which they can't be dueled after collecting a bounty? You sound like thats is the idea. The player wouldn't be getting any special protection by having a long delay as you can still duel them if you can find them but leeches wouldn't get a short cut to finding them. not a difficult concept.

You can't just make the results of only 1 job type public so ditching the idea entirely & asking for ranked stats shown in profiles just like dueling is the better option 2 see who is the best bounty hunter. It can be ranked by total bounties collected & by the bounty rewards collected.

I agree, showing ranked stats just like dueling is a much better solution.

DeletedUser

NO WAY! I hunt bounties knowing all the risk and "protection" of the reward should be the same as for other classes, BANK IT IF YOU WANNA KEEP IT! Heck if you are gonna do something like that you should also give protection to market bids. I am sure some of you have got jacked because you bid a substantial sum (say $7000 for example) on an item only to be outbid by $1. Then the server puts some seemingly arbitrary sum ( I haven't figured out the formula yet or read an explanation of it) like $834 in your bank account and gives you the rest ($6166) CASH! Then some fellow by luck comes along and KO's you and gets it before you log on again and read the outbid notice!

Nah! No protection for you reward except the bank! Heck bounty hunters often enough were wanted for something themselves and people are always gonna find away to "scavenge" in this game anyways. A great example is duelists now hangin out at forts to duel people before and after battles.

Deleted User - 1278415

Actually if you think about it... what do most duelers do with their winnings.

They set a duel up then their hotel.. then in the other 6 slots they buy a $250 room elsewhere across the map thats about $1500-1750 after the duel is over. Most bounties are for about $909 that I've seen. But the bigger ones they would probably go to a nearby town if they were truly worried... and if a bounty hunter was hired it means that the orig person probably isnt that good at dueling and the bounty hunter is better and not going to loose anyway. Is my logic..

And TJ is right that every class be it a worker solider adventuer dueler greenhorn they all have the option to work, quest, duel, fort fight and that is taking a risk anytime they are joined to a town and accept the responsiblity they can be dueled and their choice to dress for the occassion of defense or offense or get out of town.

Edit:

My next step is working on your concept for ....
Finally, the biggest addition. There should be a "Recent bounties collected" section similar to the "Most recent fort battles". In there we will be able to see the bounty hunter who caught the target and the respective reward. No reports since we don't want those to be public. Basically a short list of the recent duels that occurred with some spicy information. It's a good way for a dueler to become well know for his bounty hunting activities if he gets on the page daily.

so do you evision another tab in the sheriff office for duels like apprehended after x mins/hours?
This seems to be a bit vague for me to figure out how you visually want this represented..

If I remember correctly the Sheriffs office doesnt show all posters worldwide until you reach level 5... corrrect? someone verify or correct me on this.

Do you want to show apprehended bounties by your town mates only, or world wide.Do you want to see the last 10 apprehended bounties? I feel like your opening up the bounty hunters to be targeted now by this concept as their names will become more wanted if they are public.

DeletedUser22575

Actually if you think about it... what do most duelers do with their winnings.

They set a duel up then their hotel.. then in the other 6 slots they buy a $250 room elsewhere across the map thats about $1500-1750 after the duel is over. Most bounties are for about $909 that I've seen. But the bigger ones they would probably go to a nearby town if they were truly worried... and if a bounty hunter was hired it means that the orig person probably isnt that good at dueling and the bounty hunter is better and not going to loose anyway. Is my logic..

And TJ is right that every class be it a worker solider adventuer dueler greenhorn they all have the option to work, quest, duel, fort fight and that is taking a risk anytime they are joined to a town and accept the responsiblity they can be dueled and their choice to dress for the occassion of defense or offense or get out of town.

Edit:

My next step is working on your concept for ....
Finally, the biggest addition. There should be a "Recent bounties collected" section similar to the "Most recent fort battles". In there we will be able to see the bounty hunter who caught the target and the respective reward. No reports since we don't want those to be public. Basically a short list of the recent duels that occurred with some spicy information. It's a good way for a dueler to become well know for his bounty hunting activities if he gets on the page daily.

so do you evision another tab in the sheriff office for duels like apprehended after x mins/hours?
This seems to be a bit vague for me to figure out how you visually want this represented..

If I remember correctly the Sheriffs office doesnt show all posters worldwide until you reach level 5... corrrect? someone verify or correct me on this.

Do you want to show apprehended bounties by your town mates only, or world wide.Do you want to see the last 10 apprehended bounties? I feel like your opening up the bounty hunters to be targeted now by this concept as their names will become more wanted if they are public.

It seems to me you are correct about the level 5.

I think last 10 would be sufficient.

Whats the worse thing that could happen to the bounty hunters except they get a bounty placed on them and become the hunted instead of the hunter. Seems sort of fitting actually. :eek:

DeletedUser

Good Feather what I want is similar to the most recent fort battles and what you mentioned: "so do you evision another tab in the sheriff office for duels like apprehended after x mins/hours?". I wanted to see something in the lines of: b00k has defeated Bill The Driller and collected the bounty of $1726! Today at 5:42 AM. Bounty hunters will become more public, but it's not excessive. For all I know as a person collecting bounties I'd love for others to acknowledge my presence.

I do, however, am starting to believe that this one should be a separate idea, since the other two have been undisputed but this one is more elaborate and faces disagreement.

DeletedUser

Would having bounties ranked similarly to duels not solve the conflict? I'm thinking you would be able to see who has collected the most bounties as well as see who has collected the most money from bounties making bounty hunting more public with out giving leeches a opportunity to abuse it.

DeletedUser22575

Good Feather what I want is similar to the most recent fort battles and what you mentioned: "so do you evision another tab in the sheriff office for duels like apprehended after x mins/hours?". I wanted to see something in the lines of: b00k has defeated Bill The Driller and collected the bounty of $1726! Today at 5:42 AM. Bounty hunters will become more public, but it's not excessive. For all I know as a person collecting bounties I'd love for others to acknowledge my presence.

I do, however, am starting to believe that this one should be a separate idea, since the other two have been undisputed but this one is more elaborate and faces disagreement.

I agree with this.