Sheriff Improvements

DeletedUser

Mhm the delay should only be a few hours at max. I did not put any number intentionally since the devs have a way of deciding these things. It's a simple choice with or without, the idea is still complete.

DeletedUser

I don't like the last part of the idea about the recent bounties collected. It seems like it has no real point. Besides that it is all good.

DeletedUser

It will make bounty hunting more public. Basically we will be able to become renown through our hunting activities. As I start to think about it, adding a new page for it will probably be the last thing the devs want, but if we can get the other features it will all be aces.

DeletedUser

I like the other two I was surprised you didn't automatically get a message.

Deleted User - 1278415

Just to let you know Im redoing that big graphic with the gray and blue squares... I should have it done in a day or two. I started on it tonight but got preoccupied with tv.

After that i will throw a vote on it if your ready... once voting starts I dont want any modifications to the idea for 2 weeks.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

No reason why bounty collectors should be protected by any delay. No one else is protected...silver miners go silver mine and get hit..etc.

They want to protect the bounty they collected they need to run for the bank just like any other player.

They already have a built in delay from the time the duel occurs till it would get posted anyhow just like when you go up a level their is a delay in ranking listings.

I look at it like this : as it is right now you have no clue who took the bounty & therefore no way to try to steal the bounty from the player. With a 24 hour delay nothing would change really if anything your chances of stealing the bounty has increased.

umm no. dueling a player at a job site has no comparison to viewing a bounty board completion list & picking a target from it. If they ever create a central location where I can see who has completed what job recently then you will have a valid point but otherwise it just doesn't work. apples & oranges

DeletedUser

Im confused abit about the point of others going after the bounty hunter, nothing stopping players frokm doing it as it stands. If you were going for the same bounty as someone else though you are secounds too late. (Which has happened too me you will know about it)
You then have to duel the guy in the area before he runs to town and banks. < Which will happen no ones gonna walk around with big cash, especially a dueler they always bank straight away, in my experiences. I've never had a dueler that lost to me whejn challenging me handing over any cash.
I guess they might want to bank in their own town to reduce how much the bank takes, though risky business.
My point is whats the point hidding the bounty hunter for 24 hrs ? I dont see the need of it really.

DeletedUser

to prevent abuse. If your going to have a central location where everyone can see who just had $ put their pocket for whatever reason there needs to be a delay of some kind to prevent abuse the other option is not having the location to see who just got cash in the first place. like book said b4 IF the dervs take the idea & use it with a delay then they will choose the delay time frame with their infinite German logic :huh:

DeletedUser22575

to prevent abuse. If your going to have a central location where everyone can see who just had $ put their pocket for whatever reason there needs to be a delay of some kind to prevent abuse the other option is not having the location to see who just got cash in the first place. like book said b4 IF the dervs take the idea & use it with a delay then they will choose the delay time frame with their infinite German logic :huh:

Like I said before. No other class out there working any job has any protection built into the system for them.

Someone who has won a duel and collected a bounty already has a built in protection. Its called run to the nearest bank!

By the time the duel happens, the posted report is reviewed, a player travels to the bounty winners location and then ques a 10 minute duel the bounty winner has had plenty of time to go bank his winnings.

If he does not use that opportunity/time appropriately too bad!

DeletedUser

So your saying to protect boutny hunters that arent online when they collect bounty ? right ? as they wont know if they won the reward until they come on to run home ? to me would make sense if they click duel then hotel log off. come back to see if they won if so they will be under the sheets ! :laugh::laugh::laugh: i just dont get it as it stands it's not obvious though if your online when the bounty is taken off and there is only one player next to the target. That has to be the player that took the reward ! or is that just my thinking.
Oh well what ever, I guess, if you think it really is necessary, good luck with the idea, doesn't suit me at all at the present time though might start chasing players for rewards if i get hard up :D

DeletedUser

Like I said before. No other class out there working any job has any protection built into the system for them.

Someone who has won a duel and collected a bounty already has a built in protection. Its called run to the nearest bank!

By the time the duel happens, the posted report is reviewed, a player travels to the bounty winners location and then ques a 10 minute duel the bounty winner has had plenty of time to go bank his winnings.

If he does not use that opportunity/time appropriately too bad!

you posted as i posted, but exactly i can only guess it's for players not online at the time :) i dont think it's necessary thoguh im not a bounty hunter.

DeletedUser22575

you posted as i posted, but exactly i can only guess it's for players not online at the time :) i dont think it's necessary thoguh im not a bounty hunter.

I have no idea if this is to protect bounty collectors who are off line or not, its really not clear.

But the solution to that is to que a hotel after the duel...or face the same penalty as everyone else who is offline.

You get mugged, beaten, robbed, KO'd.

DeletedUser

So your saying to protect boutny hunters that arent online when they collect bounty ? right ? as they wont know if they won the reward until they come on to run home ? to me would make sense if they click duel then hotel log off. come back to see if they won if so they will be under the sheets !

I have no idea if this is to protect bounty collectors who are off line or not, its really not clear.

But the solution to that is to que a hotel after the duel...or face the same penalty as everyone else who is offline.

You get mugged, beaten, robbed, KO'd.

^Exactly Book come on please enlighten us :D

DeletedUser

If i was a derv & read this whole topic I would not include the "bragging list" as it could be too easily abused & no one seems to agree on how it should work in the 1rst place. The player who set the bounty getting a msg seems like enough & won't cause drama or abuse

DeletedUser22575

If i was a derv & read this whole topic I would not include the "bragging list" as it could be too easily abused & no one seems to agree on how it should work in the 1rst place. The player who set the bounty getting a msg seems like enough & won't cause drama or abuse

Why is it abuse for someone who duels to go collect a bounty on someone and then get mugged himself and loose it because he didn't go bank...

..and its not abuse for me to look at the map, check and see who is out there silver mining and go mug them?

sounds like an equal and fair opportunity for all to be mugging victims to me.

This is suppose to be The West loosely based on the Old West a rough and tumble place...

Not Nanny Hold My Hand.

DeletedUser

If you can't understand why picking someone from a bounty list with full knowledge of how much cash & how recently they received it wouldn't be considered abuse & has no comparison to selecting a random player from the map or saloon I don't know what to tell you other than I'm done wasting my time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

If you can't understand why picking someone a bounty list with full knowledge of how much cash & how recently they revived it wouldn't be considered abuse & has no comparison to selecting a random player from the map or saloon I don't know what to tell you other than I'm done wasting my time.

And if you can't understand they have the opportunity to protect themselves by banking instead of needing some unique to them "ingame special protection" I don't know what to tell you either.