Rejected Reworking Class Advantages

Discussion in 'Development Discussions' started by zd3no, Dec 22, 2013.

Share This Page

?

Would you like this proposal implemented?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2014.
  1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zd3no

zd3no Well-Known Member

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
    If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

2. Wescotdowns

Wescotdowns Guest

I think the advantage of this game is that one can play it casually or intensely, depending on what they feel like. Keeping that balance is difficult and I think inno has done a good job keeping it that way, despite some of the recent changes. Tweeking things is good, but major changes would be bad.

If the items are kept well balanced then one can achieve variation through them and the ability to change your stats. I like games to be to my advantage but over coming disadvantage is the challenge of any game.

3. yellowtoad24

yellowtoad24 Guest

I am split on this one to be honest. I agree that if we use this it will make TW more complex. However, I like the idea that there is a selection for higher level people, so that they don't get bored with TW.

4. Zeta-Navy

Zeta-Navy Guest

i am in favour of reworking class advantages maybe not the way its said above, but meh any change is better then none, thus voted in favour

5. LegendKiller94

LegendKiller94 Well-Known Member

I voted yes just because the west needs a huge change in class, if those are best ?
    I like some other will never be implemented

6. CragHack

CragHack Well-Known Member

I vote yes also :D

7. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Well-Known Member

Reworking the class advantages is something really interesting, should bring in more interest(Anything new brings in more interest), specially to those bored cowboys who have been playing for 5 yrs now with the same class advantages.

Voted yes! :up:

Really hoping that if it gets passed, the idea is actually implemented

8. RickTractorBolturd

RickTractorBolturd Well-Known Member

i'd like to see classes eliminated and reworked from scratch with a sort of PERK/LEVEL REWARD or TECH TREE system. The reasons being, there have been so many changes to the game that allow everyone to do everything (duel, FF, quest, farm), so it seems to be the natural progression. It would take some of the complaining away and allow users to build to their style. You can still have soldier or dueler etc as a title or reputation given for actions, just not so it ties you down to set bonuses. One thing that i know drives lots of us crazy is the fact that some classes are not the best at what they are named for. Duelers should be the best at dueling. Soldiers are the best at FF, but should be since they are trained professionals. Remember the Alamo, adventurers, workers, and duelers do not fair well against an actual army regardless of bravery. So eliminate all of that talk and nonsense by allowing the player to decide their bonuses. If you want to be a great dueler or builder or FF'er, then let us do the mixing and matching to be that way, sacrificing in other areas, or finding that balance to be good at all. And if people complain that they are not good at one aspect, allow it to be changed same way with the Shaman or potion.

My only suggestion if the current system stays in place is to allow at level 150 a partial character bonus from another class of our choosing. Like a soldier could add a 2.5% crit chance or a dueler 2 extra HP's per skill point in HP, etc etc

9. fortfighter1

fortfighter1 Well-Known Member

Voting yes as i feel some people picked a character class in this game when they lacked the experience to know it was the right choice for them so this is a way to reset that choice.

10. *Anoop*

*Anoop* Well-Known Member

there should be atleast 6 months gap before changing the bonus again. else nugget munchiers will abuse this.

11. bufous

bufous Member

couldnt agree more

12. zd3no

zd3no Well-Known Member

This idea failed to pass and will not be submitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.