Restaurants

DeletedUser

I feel Restaurants would be a great addition. For one, they could heal health points. Second, a new skill called Cooking could be added, and with a high enough level you could working in one or even open your own.

Indeed, there'd have to be a maximum number of restaurants in a town compared to the number of people living there.

Maybe one restaurant for every 30 people? The number may have to increase as the world get older though.

DeletedUser

That's not a bad idea especially since we get a frying pan later on. Maybe it could be in cooperation with that somehow.

DeletedUser

thats sounds like a good idea aalso we could do open range cooking like you have to collect wood flint stone and pan and you can cook fish you catch or meat you find and that can replenish your HP and or Energy when not in a town

DeletedUser

I agree, both your ideas would make it even better.

Also, what about stables? I've seen horses some where for sale, general store I think. Why not create a new town building called a Stable, for better and faster horses, maybe even wagons to transpot goods?

DeletedUser

that also sounds good the only thing you cant ride is a donkey i think

DeletedUser

Gold Disk said:
I feel Restaurants would be a great addition. For one, they could heal health points.
creating a kitchen as an adjunct to the hotel might serve, since the hotel was usually the place you would find a multi-course meal, in town. saloons might also serve limited fare to their patrons, such as sandwiches, but their main source of profits was from the beer and whiskey served. the lunch may have even been free, to entice the patrons to spend their money in that, particular saloon, but the town's hotel had the big, full kitchen. the reasoning being that the only ones who needed someone else to cook for them were travellers, presumably staying at hotels. everyone else did their own cooking at home, and didn't "eat out" at the drop of a hat, as we do, today. perhaps a special occasion might call for a rare treat, but the cost of a dinner would have been luxuriously prohibitive, if maintained for any length of time.

there were many more choices of eating establishments back east, due to the fact that more and more [ostensibly "high"] "society" people were attempting to emulate their continental counterparts across the atlantic. but in the foundling west, folks tended to do for themselves, and might even look down upon those putting on "high-falootin' airs" of getting all "gussied up" and going to town and actually paying someone else to prepare their "vittles" for them.

Gold Disk said:
Second, a new skill called Cooking could be added, and with a high enough level you could working in one or even open your own.
part of the problem with that, is that there are only 5 skills per attribute. you might start an new attribute with only survival skills involved, though. maybe for those who have not yet founded/joined a town? cooking would be a good skill, indeed; hunting another; maybe foraging, firemaking and shelter building? dunno what else, but yes, cooking is definitely a survival skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can understand the issue with having a seperate building for food instead of using the Current Hotel.

Perhapse then have a "kitchen" section for the hotel?
Say at hotel lvl 2 you get a lvl 1 kitchen added on to it.
The kitchen needs an influx of grain, beans, and various meats.
Have it so that it tracks what has been sold into the Kitchen & General Store(not to hard) and for say every 3 Grain 1 loaf of bread is made, thats sort of thing.

That sort of thing means the Lower lvl Tasks are more useful then use for Quests, and it gives new players something to do that actively Helps a town, especialy when the town has grown and has only high lvl construction tasks.

DeletedUser

the odd thing about this idea when i think about western films ive never seen a restaurant in one, :s lol

DeletedUser

yes, we've talking about the hotels having it rather then a new building now.
what are your thoughts on that aspect?

DeletedUser

yes, we've talking about the hotels having it rather then a new building now.
what are your thoughts on that aspect?

What so you go to the hotel eat for an hour which restores health and some energy?

Sounds good to me:)

DeletedUser

I think if people will pursue cooking what would it do, also what jobs would it help with? Being a chef? Texas Ranger (that's my best Idea).

DeletedUser

the odd thing about this idea when i think about western films ive never seen a restaurant in one, :s lol
You and I must of not of watched the same westerns.

I like this idea. I was just thinking that my hotel just needed a kitchen so's that I could cook some Ribeyes and taters with poke salad and cornbread and a mess of beans. Can't decide on a chocolate cake or an apple pie....

DeletedUser

yah, but only a small amount say like 20 points?
and you can only eat 3 times (like real life sorta) before you have to sleep.

DeletedUser

How about the restaurant could be closed if the cooking/cleaning/hygiene skill was low.

DeletedUser

Adding more skills at this point in time is unlikely, we're trying to keep the two possibilities divorced so as not to hold back the Food idea.
Best not to have them as seperate buildsing atm. Just make the Restorant a Part of the hotel.

DeletedUser

If it's added to the Hotel window then we don't have additional windows to open. The hotel Window will have both sleeping and eating listed under it thus all energy based activities are housed in the one area.

DeletedUser

Ayone Else have an Feelings One way or another towards this Proposed Idea??

At present (I believe) its that Hotels have a Kitchen/restorant sections in them providing meals/food. These Meals give a small energy increase (20 was suggested I think). Only a certain number of Meals can be eaten before the character needs to go to sleep.

As to weather the available meals were based upon the goods sold to the town wasn't discussed but is a possible add-on.

We need more discussion here please. And if an admin/dev could give us there insight or feelings regarding this suggest that would be excellent as well.

Thank you,

DeletedUser

actully you know when you go in to the hotel it just gives you the list what about if its like The sallon you enter there a little arrow pointing upstairs and a waiter when you go to the waiter you order you food if you press the arrow you go upstairs to disscuss the bedroom (just the normal list through)