Reputation - "Spread It Around"

• Thread starter Violette LeDrunc
  • Start date

DeletedUser5046

hmm...so what does rep do? i mean..does tis count for forum level? or vote for banning?

DeletedUser

It's just supposed to be a general respect kind of thing, so you can decide whether or not to trust what they say.

DeletedUser

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

I got that reply on the first one I did. I'll try some others and see if I get the error. If I do I'll say so but only if I get the error.

There is a comment section for you to comment on their post. I forgot to mention it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

may you be lucky enough to receive the same reputation back in return ?

wtf ?

if i just made a negative comment on off-topicker and spammer and i "may be lucky" to get same repputation ?

change the text to neutral, pls

DeletedUser5046

doodluck Romelis :laugh:

(and please off topicker?! we just love games...:);))

Diggo11

I find those limits kind of annoying. There are two posters I despise here (one in Ideas, the other W3) and whenever I try deduct it won't let me, mainly because whenever I deduct its usually away from them. Perhaps we need a time limit (you can't change users reputation more than once in any X hours) rather than the current system (you must edit X peoples' reputation before you edit this users again). Is that possible?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't think it should be a time limit because if that was the case, it would be very easy for one person to have an overwhelming influence on another person's reputation when reputation needs to represent a community view.

Incidentally, I haven't given any neg rep even though there might be a couple of people whose posts I almost always find useless.

At the moment everyone is on 1 green dot and as time goes by, the crappy ones will stay that way while the most valued people increase. So what is the point of taking away something from nothing? Especially when that would just leave an anonymous "insult" in their User CP which just seems kind of mean to me.

If I saw someone with a higher rep either giving out bad info, or being really rude or whatever, then I might do it because it serves a purpose. Other than that, if I want to criticise someone, I'd rather do it to their face than behind their back.

But back on point.. does all rep you give out (negative or positive) count towards the number of people you have to give points to, or is there a separate count for each type? If there is a separate count, that might be unreasonable as I imagine (in my rose-coloured way) that a lot more positive reputation gets given out than the negative.

DeletedUser5046

uhm...i remember one time it told me tat you cannot add another reputation on te same post...then i tried it on te same peep but on a different post and it adds a rep on it..so i guess its te rep you add per post

DeletedUser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelaiah013 again.

It's very confusing because I just tried to give to Angela again and got this. I think I'll just click on it until it lets me. lol It would be nice to have a clear, concise paragraph or 2 about Reputation. Or if it is here to be told (nicely please) where to find the info on it. I'm all for discovering things out but I have never been opposed to hints or for that matter straight out answers.

DeletedUser

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to angelaiah013 again.

It's very confusing because I just tried to give to Angela again and got this. I think I'll just click on it until it lets me. lol It would be nice to have a clear, concise paragraph or 2 about Reputation. Or if it is here to be told (nicely please) where to find the info on it. I'm all for discovering things out but I have never been opposed to hints or for that matter straight out answers.

I'll try and see what I can do, I'll find out what I can.

DeletedUser5046

hmm...i think it means you have to put a rep on another player ..or poster on te same thread . . .i did tat before i put another rep on te same person

ADDD!!!!!

i forgot to add tat i also have a message saying "you already put a reputation on tis POST" when i incidentally hit te rep sign..

DeletedUser

I don't know what the parameters are but the limits are there to stop people from just adding reputation to their friends all the time because it isn't a popularity contest. Mostly, the system helps new forum users know if their questions are being answered by reliable, experienced people.

Not that you can't add rep to someone for being funny or friendly, of course. :)

DeletedUser5046

hmm...i still dun get why we have to put reps...i mean we can somehow report sumone who do bad things right? and mods can also warn them ...

DeletedUser

Yes, you still report bad posts. You don't have to use the rep system if you don't want to. But if some new person comes on and they get 2 different answers to their question, it helps them out if they can see the person who wrote one answer has a really good reputation and the other person doesn't have one at all.

DeletedUser5046

but they wouldnt actually know if te person has good reps unless it is already written..they might ask what was te colored dots are for right?

also..it would be bad for those who have bad reps but have a good point/ posts. . .

DeletedUser

doodluck Romelis :laugh:

(and please off topicker?! we just love games...:);))

i mean not in the off topic section, but for saying worthles crap in other parts of the board. you know, talking without thinking is the same as shooting without aiming