Remove health as a player controlled skill

Deleted User - 1693871

I have long thought that the HP increases should only come from Levelling up, any further increases to an individuals HP comes from items bonuses, quest items, and product/buffs made or bought.

This is something I agree with completely.

For The West 2, com up with a replacement for health in the strength attribute.

DeletedUser34315

That would require changing the soldier class bonus, and the entire fort battle system, and would put low level and ranged duelers at a massive disadvantage. A high dueling level 50 ranged dueler, would, at the current system, have nowhere near enough health to duel without great risk of getting ko'ed by a few lucky hits.

DeletedUser

That would require changing the soldier class bonus.

As I said the only change necessary is making it affect hp from levels, which is a minor change. If it's 40 hp per level, that's 4800 hp at 120 for a non-soldier, 7200 for a non-premium soldier, and 9600 for a soldier. If it's 30 hp per level, it's 3600/5400/7200. Either way I think it's still a significant advantage.

DeletedUser34315

As I said the only change necessary is making it affect hp from levels, which is a minor change. If it's 40 hp per level, that's 4800 hp at 120 for a non-soldier, 7200 for a non-premium soldier, and 9600 for a soldier. If it's 30 hp per level, it's 3600/5400/7200. Either way I think it's still a significant advantage.
This still messes up duelers, as every single level 120 dueler would have essentially no hope of ko'ing their opponent.

DeletedUser

This still messes up duelers, as every single level 120 dueler would have essentially no hope of ko'ing their opponent.

Heh, I had to read that three times before I got it. "Duelers...duelers...what does that have to do with anything? Ohhhhh, people who duel." Yeah, I forgot all about dueling. You could have separate hp for dueling and fort battles, but that doesn't really feel right.

DeletedUser34315

Heh, I had to read that three times before I got it. "Duelers...duelers...what does that have to do with anything? Ohhhhh, people who duel." Yeah, I forgot all about dueling. You could have separate hp for dueling and fort battles, but that doesn't really feel right.

I think the best approach would be to raise fort skills to have a significant meaning again.Edit: for the first time? I don't know if they were ever really effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the best approach would be to raise fort skills to have a significant meaning again.Edit: for the first time? I don't know if they were ever really effective.

I think the whole number bonuses for each skill range was listed wrong originally and then corrected, but the formula didn't actually change. Again, the problem with making skills more important does nothing to discourage elitism and encourage participation, it just shifts the focus from health to other skills (if it even does that). It's a catch 22. The fact that anyone can participate and have a reasonable chance to hit their target is what opened the door to high health. If speccing for fort battles becomes about other skills, it makes it much more difficult for people not specced for battles to compete. As it is now, they still have a chance to compete and do well regardless of their build if they get ranked. Make that change and they won't even have that opportunity.