Reiki

DeletedUser

ok not on for long goin to church

l have done healing on fractures which should have taken between 6/8 weeks to heal yes they were only small fractures but when the person in question returned to hospital for a xray after 2 weeks of being in the cast the doctor was amazed at the healing progress that the young lad had done and said if if keeps it up then the cast can come off in a weeks time
which it did the reiki was done 3 times a week til the client could feel no heat through the plaster so that was telling me that the healing session had finshed
and he is back playing football

Document it.

I once prayed for a dying dog, and it came back to life!
True story.

DeletedUser

Ah, yes. You have been endowed with the healing powers of the Onion through your dedicated service to it. You are a true prophet.

DeletedUser

I spent a few years in Japan and encountered several practitioners of Reiki. Almost all of them could be described as 'easily influenced' or 'looking for social validation' or 'gullible.' Similar to New Age cults or Scientology, they exhibit strong group-thinking and profess religious/spiritual methods which have anecdotal or no evidence despite claims of concrete results.

Most of their American followers work as alternative massage therapists, life coaches, or wellness advisers. Almost none will have a professional license. Many of them will have the title of 'Reverend' despite no formal schooling. Essentially, their religious system most closely resembles the concept of Jedi Force from Star Wars.

DeletedUser

It really is amazing what people will do to make a buck. Reiki is a scam. It always has been and it always will be. The power of suggestion is the only facet of reiki. It is not based on anything even remotely concrete, and is in fact entirely contrived. So-called reiki masters are people who exploit the ignorance of others, for a profit.

There is not one --- not one --- person who can provide evidence as to the existence of reiki. Indeed, reiki is based on a fallacious notion, that of ki, which I will address in a later post here.

So, the challenge for you reiki proponents --- provide evidence. Not people saying, "i believe" because that's not evidence, that's just suckers spouting hopeful tripe.

DeletedUser

• Reiki Research

by William Lee Rand. Scientific research in the area of ... This study examined the effect of Reiki on the white ... and the one above, demonstrate that healers ...
    • www.reiki.org/reikinews/reikin24.html

DeletedUser

An independant source would be nice. Call me lazy, but I'm not really interested in reading articles written by people who profit from reiki and trying to work out for myself if they actually have any genuine scientific qualifications or backing.

DeletedUser

l dont charge as its a gift and lm qualified to pratice reiki
no l would not call you lazy

DeletedUser

You might not profit from it, but the people who wrote the website you cited do. I guess I'm not as lazy as usual today because I had a quick hunt around the interwebs and all the serious scientific and medical sources seem to give me the same answer: There is no evidence that reiki acts as anything more than a placebo. All the studies that have been used to vindicate reiki have involved insufficient sample size or flawed methodologies.

Edit: The only study your article was even prepared to give an accurate source for was a clinical trial by the Helfgott Institute. Here is a direct quote from the website of the Helfgott Institute:
Investigators and companies not affiliated with NCNM may wish to use the NCNM Institutional Review Board to review clinical studies on alternative medicines and natural therapies. There is a charge for such a review. To inquire about outside IRB reviews, please contact the IRB chair, Lynne Shinto, ND.

The average clinical study costs in excess of $100,000. Helfgott is not a funding institution, therefore, any research idea proposed must be accompanied by a funding source.

Anyone got any medical scams they want to run? Apparently you can have your practice endorsed through a "clinical trial" at the Helfgott Institute for a fee of $100,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the people who wrote the website they would profit from it that is normal for any website
l have not gone through all the websites lol it would take me for ever
the only thing l can say is, try it yourself and make up your own mind on it
as that is the only that you would realy find out about reiki
l only no about it through personaul exp and that is how l got into reiki as like you l did not believe in it until l went for treatment
it is up to you what you believe in or dis-believe in

sorry about spelling mistakes

DeletedUser

ouch ouch ouch, it will take a little while for me to collect all the refutation on this but, rest assured, you just stepped into the quagmire of fallacious presentation. In short, I'll be hitting you up with the failure, falsity, and fabricated nature of these very same so-called studies that I researched some years back.

Until then, by all means try to present more. Oh, and telling someone to "try it, you'll like it" is the lamest selling ploy out there. Either provide peer-reviewed reports in top-notch journals, or admit there are none and that there are no corroborating scientific studies.

DeletedUser

I won't believe it until I see at least five or more researches done by several different people. One research just doesn't cut it.

DeletedUser

ouch ouch ouch, it will take a little while for me to collect all the refutation on this but, rest assured, you just stepped into the quagmire of fallacious presentation. In short, I'll be hitting you up with the failure, falsity, and fabricated nature of these very same so-called studies that I researched some years back.

Until then, by all means try to present more. Oh, and telling someone to "try it, you'll like it" is the lamest selling ploy out there. Either provide peer-reviewed reports in top-notch journals, or admit there are none and that there are no corroborating scientific studies.

Hellstrom, I look forward to this.

Of course, I am assuming that these are also peer-reviewed reports in top-notch journals, empirical studies on Reiki. Randomized double blind scientific studies. Either for or against.

Let us eliminate anecdotal tales, your personal experience and mine, 'I heard from a friend' 'I have lots of information', etc.

I equally invite you or others to find this type of precise scientific research debunking Reiki.

There is precious little of it, either for or against.

First finding that fits these qualifications: http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/acm.1999.5.153

Since my experience draws on personal experience, I had not felt a need to look for scientific validation. You have done much study on this and I am (sincerely) interested in your findings.

DeletedUser

Tessie, if you're done spouting ridiculous anecdotal belief based bullcrap, then feel free to check this site which lists numerous studies done on Reiki, which have all come to the same conclusion -- it's belief based crap with no scientific evidence in favor of it.

If you have any further questions or silly claims you'd like to make, go ahead and read that site first (which I'm sure you won't).

There. I'll be surprised if she even comes back.

DeletedUser

Hi Divest ~ already read that site yesterday.

The problem with it, it is listing many opinions but no scientific studies. It isn't the type of information that the other posters are asking of me. There isn't a single double blind, random, empirical scientific test. That is what they require for me to give to them. There is one 'test' mentioned half-way down, in reference to Therapeutic touch, but not to Reiki.

It would only be right to ask that they produce the same as what they are requesting of me, wouldn't you think?

The reason I posted, to see if any could find the types of scientific tests that they are requesting from Ruby (who is a Reiki healer) and presumably me (who is not a Reiki healer but does work with energy healing and have read a lot about Reiki) is that they aren't out there.

I have combed the 'net looking for the type of study that the AMA would publish. That is what they are looking for. I don't even care if the outcome is in favor of it or not. I was startled to find that there are basically none.

There are a few. I put one in the post previous to yours. Did you read that?

Here is a book on alternative healing produced by the Mayo Clinic (if you aren't US, you may not know the name, but they are easily in the top ten, if not the top medical site in the US) Anyways, no the book isn't a study, but I found it interesting that the top hospital published a book on alternative / complimentary healing.
After I posted, I saw that you are from California, I'm pretty sure you have heard of the Mayo Clinic?

Anyways, link to the book: Alternative / complimentary treatments / Book published by Mayo clinic with chapter on Reiki, Chapter 4 if I remember correctly. I dont' own the book, just found it while looking:
https://bookstore.mayoclinic.com/products/books/details.cfm?mpid=35&trkid=21242S89455330

DeletedUser

Maybe you should read it then. That book from Mayo Clinic spends more time correcting misnomers on alternative medicines than it does providing alternatives. In any event, it says absolutely nothing about reiki or touch therapy despite a claim on some random website stating otherwise.

Tessie, links don't make for evidence, they merely make for distractions.

DeletedUser

Alright. I have admittedly found very little studies done on this ridiculous subject, which makes me feel a lot better about the world around me. At least there are enough people out there with enough common sense to know that this is nothing but a sham. The mere fact that you insist it's far different from therapeutic touch is comedic enough for me to completely dismiss the idea altogether. Same scam, different name, different suckers.

Tessy, you must also realize that it's not up to you to disprove my claims that my excrement heals AIDs, but rather me to prove that it does. If all you have is anecdotal evidence and a clearly foreign and exotic elder by the name of Ruby *eye-roll* then don't be surprised when people laugh in your face at the very notion of the idea of reiki.

DeletedUser

Indeed, Divest is correct. The burden of proof lies with those who make the claim. Reiki and therapeutic touch has been around for quite some time now, with all substantive tests coming up negative. That's why you don't see anything about them, because they don't support the "goal." But, I do have some of this information. Again, still collating it (plus need to visit archived data), and do forgive me if this is taking a bit long.

DeletedUser

Well, let me all remind you that I DID ask for poof way back when.
The reason I demand proof of the healing power of bullcrap is quite simple:
The burden of proof lies with the bullcrapper, not the one dismissing it as thus.

DeletedUser

indeed John, you did, and in response you received a link to fraudulent reports.

DeletedUser

over the last couple of days l have been sat here reading and watching this thread and lm not happy with what has been said about me being forgien and exotic lm british and very proud of it if you dont beleive in reiki why did you start this thread l did not start it
lm signing out and deleting my account on this thread also with the west game as far as l can see your all kids trying to be adults