R.I.P Awesomia

DeletedUser33353

So, I see a new unannounced update in w13/15. A fully built fort that is now able to be challenged and kept.
I am sure there is a good reason for it.....though, with the other 42 forts in each world I can not fathom why ;)

DeletedUser37529

So, I see a new unannounced update in w13/15. A fully built fort that is now able to be challenged and kept.
I am sure there is a good reason for it.....though, with the other 42 forts in each world I can not fathom why ;)

wow;) thanks Kidd

DeletedUser15368

As far as I can tell, there's an attempt to make the most active fort worlds more active, by stopping actual battles and fighting over Awesomia... Okaaaaaaaaaaaay....

DeletedUser37529

sorry, my carrier pigeons are out of sort, and my telegraph is down, .... got to get it sorted, I shall.. :cool:

asdf124

I ain't sure why you are complaining since you aren't even a fort fighter.
It's all part of a bigger plan to hold a fort battle event - don't worry.
Nice tease, I hope it is a world versus world fort fights....

That would be cool.

Dubjean

I believe there is a world that can be used for events such as fort fights and duels. I think it would be harder to have cross world fort fights in a world that half the people would be a part of already instead of using that one. Also Arizona is premium and Colorado is not, doesn't seem fair to me. The only thing that might make sense is have a fort fight event between the 2 large existing alliances in both these worlds. Eliminating the one fort in a world that anyone could dig at any time to complete quests to give to those that have an abundance of forts, some of which they refuse to use, seems a bit unfair to those that don't fort fight.

asdf124

I believe there is a world that can be used for events such as fort fights and duels. I think it would be harder to have cross world fort fights in a world that half the people would be a part of already instead of using that one. Also Arizona is premium and Colorado is not, doesn't seem fair to me. The only thing that might make sense is have a fort fight event between the 2 large existing alliances in both these worlds. Eliminating the one fort in a world that anyone could dig at any time to complete quests to give to those that have an abundance of forts, some of which they refuse to use, seems a bit unfair to those that don't fort fight.
It is your choice to fort fight or not, you decide on how you play the game.

Small fort fights? I have seen some of those.

Easy to attack and win with a full fledged fort fighting team in my opinion.

It used to be way harder to even respeck, unlike nowadays.

I believe there is a world that can be used for events such as fort fights and duels. I think it would be harder to have cross world fort fights in a world that half the people would be a part of already instead of using that one. Also Arizona is premium and Colorado is not, doesn't seem fair to me. The only thing that might make sense is have a fort fight event between the 2 large existing alliances in both these worlds.

If you mean that one big alliance of AZ can merge its members with one of the competing alliances of CO, yes and definitely.

DeletedUser35533

it has a good location. holding it will bring finical gain to the alliance and boost recruitment, so people will fight harder for that fort which in turn will boost FFs

Dubjean

The main concern we have is there is no place for those fighters that aren't in a large alliance to now have their quest fort fights. In CO there is the option of the small alliance forts which is a great compromise, so what about 1 or 2 small forts from AZ doing the same? The large fort fighting alliances could have their Awesomia and the small alliance forts would be off-limits for anyone from those alliances to attack or defend.

Harsha..

An inter-world FF sounds interesting. But, I can see the balancing and coding issues this would cause. Instead of making it a battle between players, why don't we make it a battle of players versus NPCs? - Based on the strength of the attacking force, the game could automatically generate a bunch of NPC characters who were stronger. Winning such a battle could give some special rewards

asdf124

An inter-world FF sounds interesting. But, I can see the balancing and coding issues this would cause. Instead of making it a battle between players, why don't we make it a battle of players versus NPCs? - Based on the strength of the attacking force, the game could automatically generate a bunch of NPC characters who were stronger. Winning such a battle could give some special rewards
I remember the chinese invasion of w11 back in the day, that was fun.

Harsha..

I remember the chinese invasion of w11 back in the day, that was fun.

I just looked up my old post about it, that was indeed fun :p

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/chinese.53232/

We could have 80-100 system generated offline "bandits" along with a few extraordinarily powerful onliners acting as defenders of the fort. I'm sure that would be very interesting - the developers can make winning extraordinarily diffcult, and the rewards super special. That would give FFers on all worlds something to look forward to.

I'm thinking of making a formal proposal about it in the Ideas and brainfarts forum. Anyone interested in collaborating?

asdf124

I just looked up my old post about it, that was indeed fun :p

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/chinese.53232/

We could have 80-100 system generated offline "bandits" along with a few extraordinarily powerful onliners acting as defenders of the fort. I'm sure that would be very interesting - the developers can make winning extraordinarily diffcult, and the rewards super special. That would give FFers on all worlds something to look forward to.

I'm thinking of making a formal proposal about it in the Ideas and brainfarts forum. Anyone interested in collaborating?
I don't recommend you to proposing anything, not many reply anymore(by many, I would say I might be your only customer)

Harsha..

Well, as far as I know I&B is the only sure way of getting an idea to the dev's attention. Could any mod clarify what is the best way to propose ideas to the developers now?