Question To Those in World 1 Getting Forts

DeletedUser

As long as a town meets the minimum point requirements any town can build and own as many forts anywhere on the map.

DeletedUser

That's a bit lame but oh well just my 2 cents, don't flame me for it.

DeletedUser

Just think of One town laying claim to two forts how tough it would be to defend both should they come under attack simultaneously?

Besides, one county can only have 3 forts in it. I truly doubt one town would occupy all three forts at the same time. Something to strive for? Hmmm

DeletedUser

I see what you mean, I hadn't thought about that...and most big towns rarely have more than what, 20 members per town?

DeletedUser14192

What the Danger (to me) is that Towns seem to Empire and Ally with so many other towns... it's like '6 Degrees to Kevin bacon' sometimes with towns.

So I mean potentially a town with no allies could ahve 50 members and get hit with 125 Opponets... not well!

DeletedUser529

What the Danger (to me) is that Towns seem to Empire and Ally with so many other towns... it's like '6 Degrees to Kevin bacon' sometimes with towns.

So I mean potentially a town with no allies could ahve 50 members and get hit with 125 Opponets... not well!

That is why they allied with so many. Many players think it will be a numbers game.

Quantity over quality

Gather a good group of players willing to fight and buy good gear and that are knowledgeable in this game and they will do very well. Better yet build a well oilled machine with good communication and coordination spinkled with a bit of organization and you have a winning team.

Look at the SHADOWS. Best duelling town in THE WEST. Top players and seem well organized. They haven't allied with half the world and they should do very well.:)

DeletedUser

2 fort wars scheduled already, how many more are going to happen?

So far, defenders will probably lose both forts.

One battle pit 3 defenders against 12 member attacking town (attacking town has other towns as well)

Another battle pits another family town against a lonely 1 member town......talk about colossal mis-match....

That battle just ended, the attacking town with 12 members captured the fort.

It was a slaughter, ouch.

DeletedUser

Look at the SHADOWS. Best duelling town in THE WEST. Top players and seem well organized. They haven't allied with half the world and they should do very well.:)

Thanks for the comment :) but we have no idea what's going on lol

DeletedUser

AFAIK the battle for Fort "enter fort name here" was the first Fort Battle in W1. It was the first to show up in the Fort Overview. Hmmm ... might have been the first to start, but maybe not the first to finish.

I joined the battle just to participate in the first battle. Now I can't log in so I got no idea what happened :(

It involved about 55 people, fairly evenly matched from what I could make out. Anyone know the outcome?

DeletedUser

Cool, so you won the first FORT battles, then?:)

nah, was just a spectator and watch how fort combat works. I think I will have to re-spec my character, sacrifice some jobs + dueling in order to fight better in fort. Although compare my char with some duelers around my level, my bonus point in fort combat is already higher, however, I think some adventurer/worker probably has even higher # than me, if they were pumping up the right skills.

I think most of the duelers did not pump up dodge & aim terribly much, you don't have to to win most of the duels, I think ascotia, abtin, and some other duelers had good aim/dodge but most of the duelers aren't. I know I still land like 7 or 8 shots on some of my attackers even in my work clothes sometimes (it's random, hence a problem with my build)

DeletedUser

AFAIK the battle for Fort "enter fort name here" was the first Fort Battle in W1. It was the first to show up in the Fort Overview. Hmmm ... might have been the first to start, but maybe not the first to finish.

I joined the battle just to participate in the first battle. Now I can't log in so I got no idea what happened :(

It involved about 55 people, fairly evenly matched from what I could make out. Anyone know the outcome?

The attacking town, with 12 members, won. The original owner, the 3 member defending town lost. Towards the last 2 rounds, it became a slaughter, ouch. Character with 1000 HP or so just drop like flies.

DeletedUser

Are you talking about the battle for "enter fort name here" Blitzkreig? My battle report (I finally got to log in :) )shows 28 attacking vs 12 defending. Much the same outcome though. Traders Rest successfully attacked the fort.

There were 58 people at the fort (small red icon next to the fort). I wonder what everyone else did?

Now for the 12 hour trudge home again!

DeletedUser

Are you talking about the battle for "enter fort name here" Blitzkreig? My battle report (I finally got to log in :) )shows 28 attacking vs 12 defending. Much the same outcome though. Traders Rest successfully attacked the fort.

There were 58 people at the fort (small red icon next to the fort). I wonder what everyone else did?

Now for the 12 hour trudge home again!

Yes, the same one. Attacker outnumbered defender, also not sure about skills levels and other factors.

DeletedUser

Oh right ... Traders Rest has 12 town members. Another 16 or so, like myself, joined up for kicks.

The defending town has 3 members and 9 others joined their side. Why found a fort with only 3 town members? More money than cents?

DeletedUser

A lot of people walked up to the forts thinking that's all they needed to do to fight. Not many realized that you have to walk there and THEN choose a side to fight on.

DeletedUser

Here's some questions:

1. Is it even possible for towns who did not get a fort to own one, them self, without being invited to them. Two different things if you ask me, being invited and actually owning it.

2. Is there a limit as to how many attacks one fort can have on them at any given time. I mean if one empire "say the galactic" with 40 towns chooses to attack one fort "like tsc" then there would be almost no point to this.

3. What's the point of being able to invite towns when anyone can pick a side in the battle anyways. I know it helps build the fort up but it should have some implications on the fort battle too.

4. It's been brought up, but no items to be seen so far?

DeletedUser544

I think they said that both XP for Fort battles, as well as items (for the winners) were planned (they are in the rules), and will be added in shortly...

Allowing anyone to join a fort battle seems to me like the only way a small empire (or single town) could have a chance of holding off a huge empire... because the small town could hire mercenaries to help them fight, in the current design

DeletedUser

I have a question about forts:if i want to join a battle i have to be a town member of that fort or simply to be a town member ?:huh:

DeletedUser

1. Is it even possible for towns who did not get a fort to own one, them self, without being invited to them. Two different things if you ask me, being invited and actually owning it.

2. Is there a limit as to how many attacks one fort can have on them at any given time. I mean if one empire "say the galactic" with 40 towns chooses to attack one fort "like tsc" then there would be almost no point to this.

3. What's the point of being able to invite towns when anyone can pick a side in the battle anyways. I know it helps build the fort up but it should have some implications on the fort battle too.

4. It's been brought up, but no items to be seen so far?
1. If your town didn't found a fort then the only way to own one is to successfully attack an owned fort and to pay for the attack, not just be a participant in another towns attack on a fort.

2. Only one fort battle can be scheduled against a fort at any time. I am not exactly sure where I read this and I may have it a bit wrong but once a fort battle has been scheduled it will take place 24 hours later. If the defender wins they can't be attacked for another 48 hours. If the attacker wins they can't be attacked for another 24 hours. (I may have that backwards and it is defender 24 and attacker 48). Each side is limited to the number of participants it can have in the battle. I believe the max is 128. The more people you have the better chances at defending or defeating a fort. Allies are a must in fort battles.

3. This is pure speculation on my part but I think being able to invite other towns is to help form relationships with allies so they will be more inclined to help you defend it. They will also get to shop in fort shops (once implemented) and can sleep there to take advantage of the 6 hours shortened sleep bonus.

4. Can't help you there.