Question To Those in World 1 Getting Forts

DeletedUser

I think they said that both XP for Fort battles, as well as items (for the winners) were planned (they are in the rules), and will be added in shortly...

Allowing anyone to join a fort battle seems to me like the only way a small empire (or single town) could have a chance of holding off a huge empire... because the small town could hire mercenaries to help them fight, in the current design

You read my minds..I have serious thoughts to become a mercenary :).That`s why I put that question with town member of fort or simply town member..

DeletedUser

I agree that the system in which the battle actually takes place is a bit confusing, and yes you do have to be there to be effective. I thought it was one shot per person per round, but the animation showed people shooting many times over in one round. Maybe it's just the graphics but still misleading. While trying to move, nothing happened, yet the defending team was shown moving all over through out the whole battle.

Generally the defending town has the advantage for sure, which does make sense.

The only thing to gain from fort battles being a merc. would be exp, if it's even any good.

It's a good start, but beta should have worked out some more kinks first

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not only experience..You can make an agreement with the defender or with the atacker.The agreement can include money,protection..I mean you can ask him 1000$ for example..How do you get the money ? A player from his town/s put on him 3000$ and you will take 1/3 of that money so 1000$.If the atacker or the defender lose that battle with you on his/she`s side you can put in the agreement a compensation sum of money 200-300$.I just give an example..The sums may be bigger or lower...that depends..Sorry if my english is bad !

DeletedUser

How does mercenary get paid?

I know some of my friends joined battles, due to diplomacy or simple curiosity and randomly "helped" one side.

I haven't done it yet but I think I will do it soon enough. I need to get hold of a fort weapon that I can use :( I've been trying to find one from job, so far, no luck :(

DeletedUser

For Blitzgriek

A method of pay i was posted up to your post !

The game has no mechanism to enforce it though.

Individual mercenary join, but unless they join the towns own that fort, they can't really enjoy the benefits of that fort.

How do you arrange money payment? Have someone carry a lot of cash and arrange dueling?

I like the idea of mercenaries but right now, I just don't see any game mechanism to enforce any of those agreements.

DeletedUser

Well...it`s about trust..I don`t know how a battle is..You have to enter in a town ?It`s not just going out there a choose a side without choosing a town ?If u have to join a town it sucks because you have to leave your town and you cannot join for 10 12 hours other town..If i leave my town during the day and i can join a town in the night at 4 pm !!?? I will surely not wake in the night to join the battle !

DeletedUser

flag

i read that building forts job will be changed to building manor houses but do you still get confed flag it just seems weird