Question about 'spending' hearts.

DeletedUser

I'm currently at 145k hearts on the world I actually try it on, with just the automation and more energy premium, and I bought the bag in the shop for some bonds. So it is actually possible while spending a little premium, and it might even be possible without it at all.

i see now that if i purchased large bag from upb shop on day 1, i wouldn't have any problems reaching 180k and final reward. i'm currently at 120k without any premium or nuggets used and my activity was normal (except for heart sending part).

still, from "usefullness" point of view, i don't see how valentines set would help me so i didn't even plan to go for it. lover's set is much more nicer to me, too bad i only have 3 parts so far :(

DeletedUser

It's a tombala - the key is always nuggets.

i am on 157k hearts without even buying the 2500 hearts a day bag, admittingly its a world where i job non stop and a lot

on other worlds where i got 0 kinds of premium and barely job even there i will reach prem chests thus 130k hearts without spending a nug, admittingly on those older worlds i did have the 750 bonds for the bag

and even so, just the 2 spins on the tombola thing gives you an insanely good set

PS where this game used to be running smoothly heck the devs even altered the inventory screen to make it run even better last weeks it made a massive U turn for the worse i get screens freezing browser crashing etc and thats all due to this game, and according to chat its not only me experiencing this

DeletedUser

Whats the exchange rate on excess hearts?

How will this be calculated?

DeletedUser

For every 5000 excess hearts above 180k, you'll get the Red Envelope containing 50 bonds.

There would be a bar added at the bottom of the Personal rewards tab which will reflect your current progress.

So is any of you close to the 180 000 hearts?
I reached 100 000 hearts a few hours ago and will probably never reach the goal ( without spending more than 3000 nuggets, which i won't do )

DeletedUser35533

Im at 160.000. will definitely make it .
valentines spins have been less kind , I have been making 2 spins a day ,sometimes even more(used all my bonds) and I still don't have a full lovers set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23437

3 different worlds: 164,000, 150,000, & 148,000 should make it to 180,000 on each as long as peeps keep showing me the love ;)

MFRavenhawk

Is there any word to if the items of the Lover's set might be made available after the event in the UP Shop for those who are unable to complete it in the daily spins even with spending 1000s in bonds and/or nuggets?

Ripwise

Is there any word to if the items of the Lover's set might be made available after the event in the UP Shop for those who are unable to complete it in the daily spins even with spending 1000s in bonds and/or nuggets?

There is no word about it as far as i know. I doubt they would put it in the UPB shop since it was available in the event. Im basing that on the previous events.

MFRavenhawk

There is no word about it as far as i know. I doubt they would put it in the UPB shop since it was available in the event. Im basing that on the previous events.

Understandable....but the Independence Day set and the Oktoberfest set were completely available in the event for minimal bond/premium use IF a player was dedicated enough to flip the clock on time, or spent a modest amount to speed it up....that is, everything dropped at a predetermined rate.

With the Lover's set, this is all pure luck, regardless of how much a player spends....which is in my view a big difference.

DeletedUser23437

another question, about the heart bags, will we be able to gain hearts from them until they are destroyed?? or will heart collection come to a complete stop on March 2nd at 24:00??

DeletedUser

I will "die at the beach" on one world... today i got to the 153500. So, at the same speed, i will get to near the 160000 tomorrow by the end of the event.

I didn´t bought the bag from the store and only have 124 friends... most of them already don´t send hearts. So i will "die at the beach" (the premium box got me a gold buffalo).

DeletedUser25707

With previous events you could have improved your odds of getting individual parts [or even entire set!] by spending additional nuggets/bonds. Not to mention that those items were also tradable so you had an option of buying it from Market.

Lover's set is not tradable and there was no way to improve your odds of getting a piece.

Ripwise

A little story: I spent 750 bonds on the heart generator, as im writing this im sitting at 202713 hearts, obtained lovers set and Valentines set by only spendng initial 750 bonds and aditional 300 bonds on spins. Agreed, luck is a factor but it is far from doable. Note, on w12(main world) I have 2 free spins so that gives a bit of advantage but still it is what it is.

I saw you are talking about independence and oktoberfest sets but those were available trough quest if im not mistaking and werent included in type event as it was run for this one.

Idk, i aint against putting Lovers set into UPB but im also of opinion that it wasnt hard to get it. Unfortunately, luck plays big role in these type of things but as in almost all previous events this was the case and at the end of each such event we come back to this (almost same) story.

Just my 2 cents on this event :)

MFRavenhawk

I saw you are talking about independence and oktoberfest sets but those were available trough quest if im not mistaking and werent included in type event as it was run for this one.

The Oktoberfest and the Independence sets were available for completing levels in the event construction. Building the fireworks and picnic displays in Independence Day....and not everyone could get to the jacket or eagle without spending bonds or nuggets, so premium use was expected. Similarly with Oktoberfest where the more plates you ate and the faster you ate them you could eventually get the jacket and brewery buffalo...but again bonds or premium were required. Point of fact though, the drops were guaranteed if you were able to dedicate yourself to the event and were willing to spend the bonds or premium.

I play on all open .net worlds and both open beta worlds (10 total) and completed those sets on all of them strictly from bond spending...no premium required. and they ran me about 1500-2000 bonds per world. Please note, the fact I do own the Inferno and Stormcaller sets on W1 does indicate I indeed did spend premium there....but the fact is, if I wasnt playing the events on that world to win, I still would have gained the basic event participation sets from pure bond usage.

Compare that to this event where on one world I didnt even use bond or nuggets and got the full set on one beta world, but took most of the event to accomplish; while the other beta world I got the full set in 5 hours for about 2500 combined bonds and nuggets. Flip side, on W1, I used fewer than 2000 bonds and had the full lover set in under an hour; while on W11, Arizona, Colorado and Dakota, I spent well over 2000 bonds per world and couldnt complete the sets at all. On Eldorado I spent over 3000 bonds and 800 nuggets and am still 2 items short.

So as I stressed earlier, this is an event that is strictly luck, unlike the previous ones....no matter how much you might spend in bonds or premium.

What I would suggest as a minimum though, is that maybe Inno should consider releasing these items in the UP Shop during the next holiday season they would come about, right along side any other new event or items they might introduce. Players could spend bonds or nuggets to gain missing gear from these sets, and Inno would have a decent revenue stream from it.

Last edited:

Reyne

Believe me, I can't tell you how many bonds/bond envelopes I had to use, but I have spent almost 3000 nuggets between the four worlds I play, and STILL DON'T have the complete set on Dakota. It's luck. It's not levels, or anything else. It's luck.

DeletedUser14192

Yeah looks like I'm not going to make it. I should get the premium chest, I"m at 128K right now but I don't think I'll get 180K for the set which is a bummer. I wish I could do something to jump the rest but 50K is a lot of nuggets worth.

zvrndo

Same story here...on some of my worlds I dont have complete lovers set, on some I have.I spend all my bonds and nuggets for extra spins, but simple I wasnt lucky enough to collect whole set.On 11W think I spend 1000+ bonds, but that wasnt enough to get whole set.

So, for me, and I believe to many other players, ability to buy missing parts at the shop would be great idea.Luck is just...luck, you know what I mean