Question about 'spending' hearts.

Ripwise

Lovers set gives 10% experience but the set bonus isnt appealing as much as the clothes and their stats.

DeletedUser25707

Lovers set gives 10% experience but the set bonus isnt appealing as much as the clothes and their stats.
With 5 pieces set bonus is listed as following:
0.1 Charisma (per level)
0.1 Dexterity (per level)
0.1 Mobility (per level)
0.1 Strength (per level)
0.4 Animal Instinct (per level)
0.4 Fine Motor Skills (per level)
0.4 Swimming (per level)
0.4 Construction (per level)

I assume that bonus for abilities is a typo [and that it should be 0.01 instead of 0.1 per level) but it's hardly not appealing.

DeletedUser34315

I'm a level 135. I get 20 charisma from the set.
6 AP charisma can be attributed to the pants and shoes, the other 14 can be attributed to level(135)*.1 rounded up from 13.5 to 14.
The listed bonus is accurate.
http://prntscr.com/2x5mfl

DeletedUser25707

I'm a level 135. I get 20 charisma from the set.
6 AP charisma can be attributed to the pants and shoes, the other 14 can be attributed to level(135)*.1 rounded up from 13.5 to 14.
The listed bonus is accurate.
http://prntscr.com/2x5mfl
So it make it very, very useful set... Just out of curiosity... what is the difference in set bonus between 5 and 6 pieces?

Also, comparing Lover's set to Octoberfest or Independence one is wrong since they're not equivalent. This events equivalent to those sets is Valentinus set you get from that final chest. Lover's set is equivalent to Allan's, Natty's, Doc's, Munny's and other tombola sets.

MFRavenhawk

Comparing Lover's set to Octoberfest or Independence one is wrong since they're not equivalent. This events equivalent to those sets is Valentinus set you get from that final chest. Lover's set is equivalent to Allan's, Natty's, Doc's, Munny's and other tombola sets.
I would argue differently, if for no other reason than by your logic, the Winter set from Christmas 2013 would be the equivalent of the Independence set or Oktoberfest set, too....and that set is simply too rare and powerful to be compared to them.

Admittedly the Lover's set is progressively more powerful the higher you get in level (indeed it is better than the Valentinus set, in my opinion)..but like the Independence or Oktoberfest sets, it doesnt include weapons (nor a mount unless you count the Valentine day horse, and that becomes comparable to chasing down the eagle or the buffalo in the need to spend bonds or premium to gain).

But the point remains, the Independence set, the Oktoberfest set, and the Lover's set were all designed to be for the most part free and require a modest investment for the full set. None can be bought or sold on the market, and all create a decent gain for non-premium players and useful at most levels under 75 unless a player has a massive inventory. On the other hand, the other tombola sets (Natty, Eaton, Munny, Docs, Winter, etc) all required massive investment of bonds or premium to acquire....and can be resold on the market.

DeletedUser25707

I would argue differently, if for no other reason than by your logic, the Winter set from Christmas 2013 would be the equivalent of the Independence set or Oktoberfest set, too....and that set is simply too rare and powerful to be compared to them.

Admittedly the Lover's set is progressively more powerful the higher you get in level (indeed it is better than the Valentinus set, in my opinion)..but like the Independence or Oktoberfest sets, it doesnt include weapons (nor a mount unless you count the Valentine day horse, and that becomes comparable to chasing down the eagle or the buffalo in the need to spend bonds or premium to gain).

But the point remains, the Independence set, the Oktoberfest set, and the Lover's set were all designed to be for the most part free and require a modest investment for the full set. None can be bought or sold on the market, and all create a decent gain for non-premium players and useful at most levels under 75 unless a player has a massive inventory. On the other hand, the other tombola sets (Natty, Eaton, Munny, Docs, Winter, etc) all required massive investment of bonds or premium to acquire....and can be resold on the market.
Was there a fixed way to get Winter set? One that would ensure that EVERYONE who reach a certain point get a piece or whole set? Or was getting it purely luck based [like Allen's, Natty's, Doc's, etc.]? Yes, it was offered for sale but that was even more luck based than buying those bags/chests since you had only 4 hour window to buy it and even then there were only 10 pieces available for sale so for some pieces it could have been far, far less than 4 hours.

Independence set, October set, Valentinus set were all relatively easy to get since they are SET rewards... pass certain point and you'll get it. While having premium make it easier to get those sets it's still possible to do it as non-premium.

Lover's set is NOT easy to get by any definition of the word... it require huge investment in bonds and nuggets to acquire. Even bigger investment than other tombola sets since you CAN'T improve your odds of getting a piece like you did with previous ones. You always have fixed 1-in-30 chance of getting a piece of it [assuming tombola is fair and not rigged against getting a piece to cause even greater investment in bonds/nuggets].

DeletedUser

I find no other option than to move this to saloon. The thread turned into a discussion long ago and it does not seem to come to a halt as I was hoping.
Moved!