Project Blue Ark

DeletedUser

tom looked out to sea, the convoy was moving out of the new bristol harbour. all was going well. what could possibly go wrong?

SEVERAL HOURS LATER:

tom ran over to a 50.cal mounted on the side of a boat, the convoy had been attacked by bandits near the american coast, and one of the boats had already been boarded. he took aim at a gunboat and pulled the trigger, the rounds ripped into the side of the boat, which began to sink. tom stopped firing and targeted what looked like the flagship of the pirate fleet, it was a camouflaged trawler with a a recoiless rifle wielded to the roof. tom opened fire and the bullets hit the prow of the boat, he heard a clicking sound, he looked down to see that the 50.cal had run out of ammo, he fished around in the nearby crates for another ammo chain. eventually he found one and went back to the gun. he looked at the pirate flagship. his eyes widened, there was two men manning the recoiless rifle. suddenly there was a puff of smoke and a large hole was blown in tom's gunboat. it was sinking fast, acting quicklly tom decided that there was only one thing to do: swim for it. he nicked a couple of ammo clips from crates before jumping off the boat. he landed in the sea and was submerged for a few seconds. he pushed himself back to the surface and began to swim for the coastline.

DeletedUser

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

A large gun, the likes of which Justin had never seen before, was slamming "shells" at a cease-less rate into the supply convoy. Justin had been introduced to a lot of things he had never seen before in the last two weeks. It was as if he had been born into a new world. In a way, he had been. He carried an M-16 on his back; he would help kill any stubborn survivors once the pirates were successful in commandeering the convoy. One of the convoy's ships was already going under. It didn't matter, that's why they had the submarine. The sub would go down and collect the loot from the wreck. Of greater concern was the damage done to one of the battleships. The mighty ship was turning sharply to get to the rear of the "fleet." Justin could see a repair crew already getting to work. The pirates, adapted to life in the water, swam quickly to the side of the ship and got to work. They didn't need the ship for their own survival; they spent most of their time in the water. They slept, ate, and lived in the water. The ships were needed for carrying away the loot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Sir, we are approaching the unknowns right now, sir?" Jean was in no position to answer as the steam generator on his suit had just failed and he was frozen. "Oh no! Sir we are going to have to bring you back to the ship." The party of men then reentered the vehicles which promptly continued on their journey.
---2 hours later----
"Captain do you know how painful it is to be in one of those suits when it fails?" Asked Jean. "I have no idea sir." "It hurts, how fast are we going?" "About 42 kilometers per hour sir." "Good, and have we spotted any towns yet?" "Well, according to our maps we've spotted a town called Jeffersonville, it appears to be under assault by unknown forces." "Well then I guess we'll barrel right in!" A little while later the convoy approached Jeffersonville, it almost immediately gunned down some mutants approaching the area and then attempted to contact the town's defenders.
"Hallo, hallo! This is commander Jean Lafitte of a French convoy, do you need help? I repeat is help required" The message was transmitted on all radio channels...

DeletedUser

John and the others had walked for miles and were tired and their muscles
ached. They had just about lost all hope when on a mountain he saw something ... he could scarcely make it out... it was a convoy, the people were saved, he was tired and sore and the others couldn't go any further so they waited, hoping that the convoy had seen them. Then something terrible happened, the convoy just left, left them to fend for themselves and be killed... John just couldn't understand it... now they were doomed for sure and there was nothing he could do about it....

DeletedUser

tom crawled onto dry land. he had arrived on the american coast. he stood up and looked out to sea. all of the gunboats had been destroyed, and the remains of the convoy was doomed to the pirates. tom scolwed. "blasted pirates." he turned around and began to walk. he could see smoke rising in the distance. 'must be a settlement.' he thought to himself. tom took his kalashnikov off his back and cradled it in his arms, just in case.

DeletedUser

Justin wasn't sure he liked the ocean. He liked the sounds it made, but if you looked deep into it it seemed frightening. He was much more comfortable in the wilderness. That was why he was sitting on the deck of a landing craft. The pirates had filled his truck (he'd come to understand that there were many different types of trucks and that a Hummer was just one of them) with tons of stuff from their cargo holds that they would never use. Instead of his buckskin clothes, he now had on a pair of camo cargo pants, Converse All Stars, and a black t-shirt that talked about squirles loosing their nuts, but he didn't know what that meant. Around his waist he had two .45's and enough mags to load fifteen. At his back was an M-16 and a bandoleer carried mags for that. He also had some new "combat" knives. They'd fitted his Hummer with a .50 cal machine gun and given him a sniper rifle or two, a grenade launcher or three, a box full of hand guns, and enough sub-machine guns for each of his fingers and toes. On top of all that, they'd given him boxes full of shirts, pants, shoes, underwear, and enough socks to wade through the Atlantic Ocean and stay dry. Once the Hummer was proven to have limited capacity, they outfitted him with a trailer. This gave him more room than he needed, so they gave him an ATV, a snowmobile, and a motorcycle. When Justin pointed out that he would need gasoline, they strapped six barrels to the top of the Hummer and eight more to the trailer. Then one of the ship mechanics thought that the Hummer might need more power, so it was fitted with a new engine, transmission, suspension system, brakes, and tires. Then another mechanic pointed out that they really hadn't given it much more power, so they fitted it with a turbo-charger, several air intakes, and N20. Since there was no room for extra N20 tanks, the spare tire joined another on the front bumper, and a tool box was welded to the back door. Somebody said that since he had a tool box he should have tools, so he was equipped with a full Delta power tool kit, a generator, an air compressor, air lines, rope, boxes of nails and screws, several hammers, a gazillion screwdrivers and bits, uncountable wrenches and plyers, and a tape measure. They almost forgot to give him a level, so they gave him five to make up for it.

DeletedUser

tom walked to the top of a nearby hill and looked towards the ruined town in front of him. there was fire and smoke everywhere. he took out a pair of binoculars he'd nicked from the convoy and looked through them, there was mutants all over the town.deciding that heading that way would be suicide. he walked round the town and further inland...

DeletedUser

Once the Hummer hit the beach, it didn't go very far. Justin then decided that the pirates probably didn't have much experience with land travel. The mechanics tried fitting the Hummer and trailer with 32 inch wheels. Since the Hummer was sitting in wet sand, this modification took most of the day. However, by nightfall, the Hummer was off the dunes and onto more solid ground. Exhausted, the pirates slid into the surf and slept. In the morning, they bid him farewell, and cast off. For all their generosity, Justin had mixed feelings about their parting. He had no idea what he was going to do with what they had given him. He supposed that if he were able to find a village, he could sell some of it. The pirates were unable to leave him at any local "ports" (which they had explained were villages on the ocean) because they were known as villians by the locals of the reagion. Therefore, with the intent of finding a village, Justin set out.

By the time the sun was half way through its climb, Justin was hungry and needed to relieve himself. He stopped the Hummer and dug out some of the "instant, survival food" the pirates had given him. The directions on one called for hot water; so, he turned towards some trees to gather some sticks and to take a leak. As he stood there watering a tree, he was startled by a loud clanging. He spun around. There, on the top of his truck, stood an old man.
"Ahh Haaa!" exclaimed the man as he poked at the gasoline tanks.
"Get off of my truck!" yelled Justin. He ran towards the old man as he stuffed his business back into his pants. The old geezer's eyes widened as he stared at Justin in utter facination. "Get off there!" Justin repeated. With a gasp, the old man jumped down. However, Justin kept comming. Alarmed, the old man turned and started to flee, his arms flailing. Justin watched as his sparce, long white hair fluttered behind him. Abruptly, the old man tripped over a rock and fell flat. He let out the oddest cry of pain Justin had ever heard. A long, thin, scrawny arm shot staight up into the air.
"I'm O.K." he said quietly. Justin was a cooled headed young man, and he had been one of the best hunters in his village. This old man was creeping him out.

The old man sat on a log wrapping a cloth around his head. Justin sat squatted infront of the fire, stoking it, while he waited for the water to boil.
"What's your name?" asked Justin.
"What is a name?" returned the old man.
"Umm . . ."
"It is a title by which strangers and friends reference us," said the old man.
"O.K. -- what's your name?" asked Justin again.
"My name?" mussed the old man.
"No, I'm talking to that log on which you are sitting," Justin snapped back, "Yes, I mean your name."
"Fine, I will tell you my name," said the old man. He paused, "My name is Imma Nidiot."
"Imma Nidiot?" Justin repeated.
"No, your not," said the old man soothingly, "Don't be so hard on yourself."
"What?" said Justin irritably.
"You just said that you were an idiot."
"No I didn't."
"I distinctly heard you," said the old man. Justin turned back to the fire. Two could play this game.

Justin climbed into the Hummer with a "chocolate" bar in his hand. He'd never had one before; they were delicious! As he turned to buckle, he heard the passenger door open.
"So, where we goin' to?"
"WE aren't going anywhere," said Justin as he hit the automatic unlock.
"You need me; you don't know where you're goin' to," said the old man as he re-locked his door.
"I do to know where I'm goin' to," returned Justin, as he unlocked the door again.
"Where you goin' to?" demanded the old man, locking the door.
"Why should I take you anywhere?" fronted Justin, unlocking the door.
"Like I said, you don't know where you're goin' to, so you'll need me," said the old man. He locked the door and set his hand on it.
"Fine," said Justin grudgingly, "I'd like to go to the closest village."
"Ah, well, you can't. I mean, well, you can, but the closest village is no longer what used to be the closest village. New Atlanta was destroyed by muties two days ago."
"Oh," said Justin solemly. He started blankly into the windshield. The old man nodded in understanding.
"It wasn't much of a town anyhow. Obviously, it would have been unsafe for us to go there," he said, "However, it is equally unsafe for us to stay here in the wilderness. We should head for Savanah. It's a strong city; and there's good people there."
"Alright, how do we get there?"
"Just head due south along the coast here and we will reach her," directed the old man, "My name is Isaiah."
"Justin," he reached over and shook his hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Sir, we're getting no response out of them"
"Well", said Jean, "we may just have to wait for a response then, well we're waiting send a relief party to those guys we spotted out in the middle of nowhere I'm sure they'll be grateful." A little while later a relief party approached the small group of stragglers...

DeletedUser

tom walked towards what appeared to be a settlement that hadn't beeen invaded by mutants. as he neared the outskirts he saw a crude signpost that read; 'you are now entering savannah city, you'll need a gun.' tom almost laughed. he walked into the city and had a look around. that sign hadn't been joking. there were gangs everywhere, and they all appeared to be eyeing tom up.

DeletedUser

Auaaaurghough!

Justin flailed as he jumped up from his sleeping mat. Isaiah stood above him with a now empty bucket.
"What did you do that for?" he yelled.
"Time to go," whispered Isaiah.
"I'm awake now, you don't have to whisper!" said Justin as he yanked off his t-shirt and dried his hair. "Why are we leaving? It's the middle of the night."
"It's too quiet," Isaiah said forbodingly.
"It's supposed to be. I was sleeping," quipped Justin, but he knew that Isaiah was right. Whenever the animals of the wilderness fled, it was a good idea to get out of there yourself. "How long ago did it go quiet?"
"About four minutes ago," said Isaiah. Justin muttered something.
"That's too long," said Justin irritably, "We've got to get out of here." Justin ran to the truck and checked his M-16. Isaiah got in and flipped open the roof hatch. Justin started the Hummer and flicked the headlights on and off. Green eyes peered from the darkness. Justin reved the engine and honked on the horn. The cats already knew they were here; he might as well try to sound as formidable as he could. However, it seemed to provoke them. Three cougars charged from their dark cover. Justin was taken aback at their size; they were about as tall as a man at the shoulders and their hudge necks towered higher with heads sporting twelve inch fangs. Justin flicked the headlights on again and Isaiah opened up with the 50 cal. machine gun. As big as the cats were, they were no match for the gun. After a few bursts, each crashed to the dirt, the last one inches from the front bumper of the Hummer.
"Get going!" yelled Isaiah. Justin did.

DeletedUser

walked down a small and dark alleyway, suddenly a large figure stepped in front of him. tom lifted his kalashnikov to hip height and pointed it at the large man. "let me past. or you're gonna fell some pain." tom said.
the man chuckled. "looks like we've got a fighter here boys." tom heard footsteps behind him. tom turned around and pulled the trigger, a hail of automatic fire sped out from the AK-47's barrel and smashed into the goons behind him. they collapsed to the floor. he turned back and pointed the AK at the man.
the man began to speak; "oh sh." tom shot him.

DeletedUser

Justin fingered the three cougar fangs that hung around his neck. In the morning Isaiah and he had gone back to the cougar site and collected their hides and fangs.
Isaiah stood up and pulled a cut of cougar meat from the fire.
"It isn't best tastin' meat, but it's meat," he said profoundly. Justin looked up and poked at his peice too.
"The best part is the hides," said Justin.
"True," said Isaiah, "We should get a good penny for 'em."
"A penny?"
"Money here in North America -- and Europe," he said after he thought about it.
"Oh," replied Justin. Finishing off the last peice of meat on his bone, he said, "We should get going; we want to get there before dark."
"Yep," said Isaiah as he slowly got up, "We should."

The Hummer rolled up to a hudge gate in an even larger wall. A guard poked his head into the driver's window and then waved them on. The hudge doors creaked and groaned as they allowed the truck to enter. Justin stared in amazement; he never imagined that the place would be so big or have so many people. He pulled to the side of the road and stopped the Hummer. There were so many people in the road up ahead that he couldn't get through.
"The market," said Isaiah, "Just were we want to be." Justin got out of the truck and looked around. Three large men walked up to him. They looked down at his necklace, and at his guns. They eyed his truck and cargo and then started to nod. Then abruptly they walked away. Justin turned to Isaiah, who had come around the truck.
"What was that all about?" asked Justin.
"Here, in this city, you are judged by the power of your strength and size of your loot," answered Isaiah, "Obviously, you've got the fire power, and you show yourself to be quite a raider with all of your loot. If you can make it through the day here, you'll prove yourself to be quite a man." Isaiah turned and crossed the street to a saloon.

Justin grunted as he set the boxes of guns on the ground. Several women were looking through the clothing. He had locked the thing he needed to save inside the Hummer. A young man held up a pistol.
"Five dollars," he declared.
"Ten," snapped Justin. He had learned to haggle with the caravan that used to go through his village.
"Seven," the man grunted.
"Eight," returned Justin, "and no lower." With a sigh, the young man dropped eight gold coins in Justin's hand. Quickly, Justin deposited them in the Hummer. Suddenly a scream arrose from the crowd and a gun shot sounded. Guards ran past Justin and into the market. It wasn't until later Justin was able to ask what happened.
"A theif got shot as he ran from a booth," an old woman told him, "Serves 'em right." Justin agreed; he checked his M-16.

DeletedUser

"Sir, they're not responding."
"Well", said a short tempered Lafitte, "If they don't respond either their brains coagulated into pudding, they all had heart attacks, or they just a bunch of ignorant bums! If they needed our help they should have responded. Order the convoy to open fire on those vehicles, it is possible they could be rogues of some sort."
"Yes sir"
"But I'll give them a little longer, then we'll decide to open fire, in the meantime to battle stations!"

DeletedUser

tom walked into the marketplace and saw a large Hummer truck in the middle of the square. there was two men unloading and selling it's cargo, one was old, and one was young. tom slung his kalashnikov onto his back and walked over to the young one. "hey you, got any hand grenades or 7.62 mm ammo?" he asked.

DeletedUser

"I sure do; the 7.62 mm ammo is here in this green tin. Grenades are in this crate. I even got some guns for ya here," answered Justin. All the while he kept an eye on everyone near his truck.

DeletedUser

"thanks" tom said. he opened the green tin and had a look inside. "wow. where'd you get all this?" he asked.

DeletedUser

"That is enough time, we fire then RUN!" The order was given as all the convoy opened fire on the nearby area, with little regard to anything else of the situation the French withdrew. However their commander brought up another point. "You know if anybody, survived that crazy American president's compound, they'd be heavily armed. I say we look for help elsewhere. You know just in case..." "So where do we go commander?" asked the Navigator. "Why we go towards, umm... Savannah! That's it the old ccity of Savannah that is where we can find some people to civilize!" "Change incourse orientate and head in the direction of Savannah Georgia." "Good!" smiled Jean, "That is good." So the convoy soon headed towards Savannah.

DeletedUser

"Do you want it or not?" asked Justin, "It's my business where it came from." He looked around. Elijah was coming out of the saloon. As he walked over, Justin still stayed on the alert. It paid off to, a young boy tried to run off with a pistol. As he wrenched the gun out of the boys hand, he looked up at Elijah. "What's the news?"
"You've attracted a little attention," he answered, "and I found us a place to stay."
"Great," said Justin, "Help me sell the goods here and we'll go."

DeletedUser

"LOOK AT THAT!" "What now man?" "C... Commander you won't believe it... It's astonishing, how many of them there are..." "What let me... ORDER THE CONVOY TO REVERSE COURSE! We're going to head into the mountains!"