President Set

DeletedUser

Beginning View

Well, new item sets aren't going to be implemented really, and we want the class sets done first, but this sounds like one of the better ideas for a set, and I'd like an opinion.

Items In Set

President set or Government Employee set:
Lincolns Top Hat $5400
Fancy Waistcoat $5200
Black Boots $5100
Golden Bullet $6750
Pocket Watch (Found at Robbing Settlers)
Sharp Conquistador Sword $3370
Total Cost: $25820

Now the Bonuses of just the items in the set are (aka no bonus yet applied):

+6 Dexterity
+4 Strength
+5 Charisma
+4 Mobility

+21 Shooting
+8 Trading
+9 Construction
+8 Horseback riding
+12 Fine motor skills
+13 Leadership
+15 Reflex
+9 Stamina

This is a nice overall outfit if you think about it. Covers some key skills, nice and spread. The majority of those skills are Charisma skills (Leadership, trading in this case) which are some of the things a president or a government official would manage or have to have skills at.

So to sum that up, a lot of these skills involve what a government official would have to do every day.

Bonuses

What skills would a official have to use to complete his daily job?

For trade with foreign people, trading.
For leading his (Whatever he commands) he needs leadership.
To be able to handle the daily stress that comes with the job, Stamina and Toughness.

So, now that the skills are there, how to apply bonuses.

Bonus with 2 Items: 5 Trading, 5 Leadership, 5 Stamina
Bonus with 3 Items: 10 Trading, 10 Leadership, 10 Stamina, 5 Toughness
Bonus with 4 Items: 15 Trading, 15 Leadership, 15 Stamina, 10 Toughness
Bonus with 5 Items: 20 Trading, 20 Leadership, 20 Stamina, 15 toughness, 50 LP towards Serving in the Army.
Bonus with 6 Items: 25 Trading, 25 Leadership, 25 Stamina, 20 Toughness, 50 LP towards Serving in the Army, 60 LP towards Peace Negotiations .

Uses
This would be good for Serving in the Army and Peace Negotiations obviously. Would help with trading/leadership jobs. Also a nice fort fighting outfit if complete.

Well, What do you think? This needs tweaking, but it might be a nice set idea. And there was government in west times. If I'm wrong, Town Founder set =)

Help
pi-man

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i like this idea because it would not require new items just a small bit of coding and the bonus's are good to
good idea
any other opinions

DeletedUser

I'd make the required items more expensive (especially the shoes), but I like it.

DeletedUser

Yea pi, thats a good call. I was looking for more expensive shoes, but fancy are in an set and there isn't many more black shoes and a government official wouldn't wear brown shoes and black shirts would he? And if I made it brown, it would have the brown top hat, which is in the gentlemen set too.

DeletedUser

Here's what I would think:

Items In Set

President set or Government Employee set:
Lincoln's top hat
Fancy waistcoat
Sharp conquistador sword (it was common for military people at the time to carry swords for show, and the president is the head of the military)
Golden bullet (goes with other gold in parts of set)
Pocket Watch

DeletedUser

Thats not a bad idea right there. I was thinking of a wep, but didn't want to use cavalry saber since it'd be too out of reach. Sharp Conquistador sounds alright, and most of the skills are strength or charisma, so a melee wep would suit it.

Gold bullet not so much. If we use a sword why a bullet? I like the tie, because of its skill spread is good for the responsibility of the president.

Black boots, alright, that'll work.
Ill put in the sword and boots.

DeletedUser

a purple tie? lol

I was saying the bullet because all of the other articles of clothing have gold in them (or gold-colored things) and too many people already have the gold buffalo.

DeletedUser

Yea, noticed that mistake too. How about Red tie? I remember Bush wearing one all the time, and other presidents did a lot.

What if we made this the first totally complete set by adding a Riding animal and Gun? Too much?

DeletedUser

I think that though a full set would be a good idea, having 7 items would be to weighted towards higher levels,the bonuses would become to excessive and the weapon would favour either ranged or melee sparking problems and so most likely the devs woulddn't except it with 7 items but 5 items would be an idea worth summiting

DeletedUser

I think the items
Headgear-Lincolns Top Hat
Neckband-Grey or Red Tie
Clothing-Fancy Waistcoat
Shoes-Black boots (works with head of the military idea)
Product-Pocket watch

these can be deabted and the Tie has to be decided but that sums it up so far

DeletedUser

Fancy waist coats a good idea. Works with the trading and stamina bonus it gives. The look is the only problem. I'm going to leave it with black dress coat.

Lincolns Top Hat $5400
Black Dress Coat $3500
Black Boots $5100
Red Tie $1204
Pocket Watch (Found at Robbing Settlers)
Sharp Conquistador Sword $3370

Is what its at atm.

DeletedUser

the look isn't the real problem and the devs ae more likely to look at the stats the and bonuses provided and wheter or not they are relative and i don't think a weapon will work becasue of the melee vs ranged controversy, but a fort weapon would wrok

DeletedUser

Fancy waist coats a good idea. Works with the trading and stamina bonus it gives. The look is the only problem. I'm going to leave it with black dress coat.
lol the set I suggested would look good (or at least I think it would)
(I added the black boots so it would match yours)

bullet_gold.png
cylinder_fine.png

sharp_conquistador.png
vest_fine.png

watch.png
boots_black.png

DeletedUser

Curse you pi man... Your right... Ill change it. And we don't need any, i explained that right away, but if we do this is a good idea for one.

DeletedUser

It's a poor man's (or unlucky walking stick-less man's) gentleman's set.

Top 10 jobs by LP bonus given by "President's set" & best gear currently.
Sawing wood (151), Gentleman's + Hernando's (183)
Guarding the stage coach (142), Gentleman's + Precise revolver no. 1 (146)
Transport ammunition (142), Gentleman's + Colt Buntline (145)
Robbing settlers (130), Gentleman's + Belle Starr's Deringer (105)
Exploration (129), Gentleman's + Athos Foil (110)
Guarding the fort (129), Gentleman's + Precise Peacemaker (198)
Picking tomatoes (128), Gentleman's + Precise Schofield (168)
Pony-Express (121), Partial gentleman's + misc gear (137)
Ambush stagecoach (120), Gentleman's + Bowie's Knife (150)
Building railroad station (118), Partial Mexican + misc gear (144)

Robbing settlers and exploration are the only jobs in the top 10 where this set is better than the existing best gear, most of which being the gentleman's set. Yes, there are a couple weapons that haven't been found, but they're the two jobs where this set is better than the current gear anyway.

DeletedUser

It's a poor man's (or unlucky walking stick-less man's) gentleman's set.

Top 10 jobs by LP bonus given by "President's set" & best gear currently.
Sawing wood (151), Gentleman's + Hernando's (183)
Guarding the stage coach (142), Gentleman's + Precise revolver no. 1 (146)
Transport ammunition (142), Gentleman's + Colt Buntline (145)
Robbing settlers (130), Gentleman's + Belle Starr's Deringer (105)
Exploration (129), Gentleman's + Athos Foil (110)
Guarding the fort (129), Gentleman's + Precise Peacemaker (198)
Picking tomatoes (128), Gentleman's + Precise Schofield (168)
Pony-Express (121), Partial gentleman's + misc gear (137)
Ambush stagecoach (120), Gentleman's + Bowie's Knife (150)
Building railroad station (118), Partial Mexican + misc gear (144)

Robbing settlers and exploration are the only jobs in the top 10 where this set is better than the existing best gear, most of which being the gentleman's set. Yes, there are a couple weapons that haven't been found, but they're the two jobs where this set is better than the current gear anyway.
Nice comparison.

But the bonuses can be tweaked so it helps more for the higher jobs.
btw I don't have a walking stick :(
I have to choose between that and whatever you get for having all 3 keys...