Premium: value?

DeletedUser

I gotta say that I really enjoy this game. It's a fun "side game" that I can play when I am not playing my other online games.

However, I am now on 2 worlds, with level 20-21 characters, and my interest is fading. It's not because of the game play, as I think that this game has great potential (I know it's still being developed, and I am patient). However, I look at all other online games I play and I do not mind paying for extra perks for games I really enjoy. I want this game to be one of those game. However, I look at the cost to get the premium perks, and I am simply shocked. Premium costs a wagon load of cash! :D

Don't get me wrong, and please don't post the obvious "if you don't want to pay for it, then don't pay the cash" posts. I understand that principle. But I'm putting this in perspective: I play several other online games where I pay for premium because I love the game, and will play it long term. On this game, the game play makes me want to stay so that I want the premium, but the cost of premium is simply far too high to justify the cost.

Just my thoughts. I'd hate to let go of this game because I cannot afford the premium. I cannot log in every 4-6 hours, so I need premium to keep me feeling it's worth playing this game.

Just my thoughts.

DeletedUser

Well,for a 100 nuggets for us Canadians it's $31.Try giveing up drive through coffee or starbucks for a month,then you'll have full premium for 4 months.xD

DeletedUser

That's all very well for you Canadians but in my country it's 3 months labour down the salt mines to be able to play for 2 weeks here premium.

DeletedUser

Well,for a 100 nuggets for us Canadians it's $31.Try giveing up drive through coffee or starbucks for a month,then you'll have full premium for 4 months.xD

Perfect example!

On Tribal Wars, I pay premium, and have been playing for ~1 year. Premium costs: $2.80 cdn per month. The West is around 3 times more expwensive! Tribal Wars is a very addictive game for me, so I WANT to play it. Premium is not expensive, so I want to pay for it.

See my point? I suggest they lower the prices significantly, and now to ensure a good player base.

DeletedUser

I have been watching the total player numbers and they are falling.

Not to mention when they do a mass clean-up of the multi-accounts in the game.

Hmmm.... a strong enough message perhaps to the game devs?

DeletedUser

I have been watching the total player numbers and they are falling.

Not to mention when they do a mass clean-up of the multi-accounts in the game.

Hmmm.... a strong enough message perhaps to the game devs?
I say we rally up all our cow pokes,and start a petition for a better game system!:indian::coolg:

DeletedUser

Same price as tribal wars would be more than enough for a 'beta' game that they can't reply to queries in English on.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about game play. I know they are working on that. I l ive the game enough right now to believe that this will be a cool game. Something that I WANT to buy premium for.

If this was about the same price as Tribal Wars, I know I would sign up for premium.

DeletedUser

Its about time they got some adverts on here ,I am guessing that is how they keep the prem down on Tribal Wars

Has anyone seen this game advertised anywhere else other than TW ?

DeletedUser

Its about time they got some adverts on here ,I am guessing that is how they keep the prem down on Tribal Wars

Has anyone seen this game advertised anywhere else other than TW ?

Nope, I tried looking, but I didn't see its advertisement yet.

But I know they are working on that.

Also, last month I tried searching this game in Google, the website of the game didn't came out.

Today, I tried googling it, it is now there.

I think this game is now getting famous....

Hopefully, the Premium will cost less.

NOTE:

The Weststats, have a poll about this issue, go vote:

Poll about Premium Account!!!

Here is the current result:

Do you think The West premium is too expensive?

Do you think The West premium is too expensive?

69.23% -------------------------------- Yes
14.1% --------------------------------- No
16.67% -------------------------------- Wouldn't buy it anyway

P.S.

I clicked the wrong button, and voted for NO!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ALright, the poll shows that we all think that premium is too (WAY!) expensive.

Now is the time to grab people's interest in the game. Lower the premium price already!

DeletedUser

paying 19.90 EUR for full premium (all 4 options) means 2.5 months in the cheapest way. LOL (even Windows OS is cheaper on the long term, calculating payed money for time elapsed between 2 releases)

Considering that:
-1st, 3rd and 4th options of premium are like cheats compared to non-premium. They have advantages that can't be balanced by an ultra-active player with non-premium. (Premium could be countered by an active non-premium player in Tribal Wars for example, until a certain point)
Why I bring the balance between active non-premium players/premium player?
Well... I'm playing online games for more than 8 years and the facts are:
If you want the game to be popular...
-you must have a good/original game-play (checked)
-you make it cheap or free (not-checked)
-you have to respect the premium player as much as the non-premium. (premium player plays the game(pay money) as long as the game is popular and has fun. If mass-players(non-premium) flee away because they can't catch-up with the others in level/duels/etc., the game will not be popular and premium players will leave too (no challange, etc.) (hmm)

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I don't mind the premium being high, it means that less people are going to buy it meaning that less players are paying for an advantage over me.

The premiums here arn't really "perks" they are more energy or money, they might as well be selling it directly.

DeletedUser

I don't mind the premium being high, it means that less people are going to buy it meaning that less players are paying for an advantage over me.

The premiums here arn't really "perks" they are more energy or money, they might as well be selling it directly.

It is quite telliing that you do not consider additional energy and faster energy recovery, more luck with money and item/product find on jobs, doubling class bonuses, and additional queuing as advantageous and therefore "perks". I bet mommy and daddy have a spoiled little brat on their hands here.

DeletedUser

Okay here is something to think about...

Cash premium.... If you have all the best kit in the game do you need it? (unlikely)
Energy Premium.... Is the only premium I cannot fault
Automation Premium... If you sit at a computer solidly for hours on end do you need it? (unlikely)
Character bonus... If you are level 100 and are In a Maxed Town do you need it? (unlikely)

DeletedUser

In here premium is basically a cheat. It gives you a direct advantage against non-premium users and that's why it so expensive. But if you just want to enjoy the game, you really don't need a premium. In Tribalwars things are different. In the beginning a really active player can keep up with premium users easily, but later it gets near to impossible to manage over 200 villages manually. So basically everyone who want to play will buy it and that's why the premium isn't that expensive.

DeletedUser

premium is like paying for members, on the game runescape you pay £3.20 a month to have members benefits, this is basically what keeps the game advert free and pays the developers wages to keep improving the game. If they had an option for all the premium for a month at a reasonable price, £5, 10$ something like that then they would make SO much more money as it would become accessable for all people who can't afford to pay high prices, thus attract a huge hoarde of premium payers and advance the game more quickly.

say 10000 people paying for all the premium at £5 is better than 2000 people paying for all the individual premium at £10 or £11

DeletedUser

In here premium is basically a cheat. It gives you a direct advantage against non-premium users and that's why it so expensive. But if you just want to enjoy the game, you really don't need a premium. In Tribalwars things are different. In the beginning a really active player can keep up with premium users easily, but later it gets near to impossible to manage over 200 villages manually. So basically everyone who want to play will buy it and that's why the premium isn't that expensive.

I think that premium from Tribal wars is more helpful for the game itself.

Okay here is something to think about...

Cash premium.... If you have all the best kit in the game do you need it? (unlikely)
Energy Premium.... Is the only premium I cannot fault
Automation Premium... If you sit at a computer solidly for hours on end do you need it? (unlikely)
Character bonus... If you are level 100 and are In a Maxed Town do you need it? (unlikely)

I hope you realize that energy/cash/character bonus combined premium is useful before those conditions happen-> that means some people will get to level 100 something like 50-70% faster (u can work 10 hours with non-premium and 16 hours with premium/day, at max) that means almost the same percent for income in the same amount of time... now multiply those values with benefits from cash premium.
Regarding the usefulness of premium and the end of the game... the problem is the beginning, not the end of the game, because the end will be boring as hell in this "no-goal/limited world" (as some players already pointed on this forum).