Premium unfair advantages

DeletedUser

lol

well im not gonna pay for it but tribalwars (which i do pay for) does the same thing i think it and the west are made by the same people =p

DeletedUser

then you have never played TW with more then a couple villages

I would have to say FROM EXPERIENCE that it is next to impossiable to manage your empire if you have more then 20 villages without premium.. Over there the advantages are not exactly game mechanics changing.. but they are so important later in a world that you would quit for sure if for no other reason then the huge timesink it would take to manage your villages on a day to day basis

Lets take some comparisons that arn't huge differences

Premium on TW gives you an advanced build que
one of the premium give you an advanced work que

in tw with prem you get
more options with reports/sending troops/and monitoring attacks/timeing attacks
with two options here you get similar
the dueling option and the energy option this is not the best comparison but if you look at it in a broader perspective the options in TW save you time.. and here they give you more time

Just because you can't conceive of managing 20 villages without premium doesn't mean it can't be done. I've seen plenty of people do it (with hundreds of villages!), and maintain top slots in the rankings (though admittedly I'm not one of them - I'm a premium junky).

I pay for premium, but I agree that it's unfair. Longer build queue = fair enough. But the rest give advantages that a non premium player cannot possibly compete with. There is no comparison to TW, except in the automation option.

What I'd suggest for premium would be quick scripts, ability to mark the map, drop-down menus instead of having to click multiple times to get where you're going, ability to keep reports, ability to share reports, a better way of organising all those lil windows... that sort of thing. Things that make the game a more pleasant experience, but do not give you a statistical advantage over a non-premium user.

I'm kinda hoping they slash the prices too. :p

As for the comments about non-premium players getting a free ride, what's wrong with ads? Like Morthy said, not everyone uses adblock: the majority of internet users still use IE which proves they're probably not computer savvy enough to use an adblocker (LOL sorry I had to get that one in). I for one certainly wouldn't mind an ad on the screen if it meant they'd cut the premium prices a bit!

Finally, as for the comparison to a pint of beer or a packet of cigarettes, I guess that means a Mercedes is pretty cheap too. I mean, compare it to the cost of buying your own island and it's like pennies! :p Everything is cheap compared to something else, but the comparison has to be relevant for it to hold any significance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

uhhhh no.
you pay for it the game, you get advantages, enough said.
do you think bandwidth is free?
and considering they dont have any ads, i think its is fair that they have an advantage.

Oh yeah, no ads! Only just noticed :) good luck to them.

DeletedUser

I disagree with you. Adverts ? pfffft adblocker takes care of adverts. If they made a game people want to play, there will be people in the world willing to pay for it as with most things.

Lets take TW as most are aware of it. You can play TW for free. Premium gives you advantages but not ingame advantages that make premium a necessary like more resources, better cav etc. (and thats the difference)

I play Hattrick and Battrick. The game can be played for free, but premium allows you to give your soccer and cricket players shirt numbers, strip colours, stats etc, but it doesn't change gameplay in the slightest.

Its nice to have, but not needed to still play the game.

This is where I feel The West is different. To be competitive in this game and have the full stamina buff etc I have to pay for it. Thats not how it should be in my eyes and this will mean I don't bother with trying.

I have paid for premium on all games I have played.

I just don't like been forced into it due to game play reasons so its likely I won't consider paying the devs money. (They get enough of my money from TW ;) ).

Many ,MANY other games don't charge for premium services that add advantage ingame. They make there money by providing extra services that add to the game play immersion and experience. They do not add ingame advantages.

They make their money for bandwidth off the quality of their extra services and not off the fact that you pay for an ingame bonus.

They own and operate TW don't they ?

Nothing game changing in that premium.

The argument swings both ways, and I know that if I don't like it I can lump it. D)

Greetings my fellow player

Reading your comment that other games don't offer premium that will give you advantage is WRONG!!!I can name alot of Browser games,MMORPG's Online that Sell premium that give players a big advantage..i would name them if i would not get banned..but i dont like to take chances..juts OPEN YOUR EYES and take a look around..some have premium where when you buy there premium you can buy better armor/weapons have 4x EXP and stuff like that..so don't talk like you know it all..:)

DeletedUser

My only real problem with premium here is that it is twice as expensive as TW based on 30 days, there are 4 different options, and to maximize premium you'd spend 8x what TW is costing.

I don't see the reason for it and I, for one, won't be doing premium for that reason.

Their game, their call.

Just my .02 worth

DeletedUser

...OF COURSE PREMIUM IS UNFAIR!! the idea of premium is to get an advantage over other players i play games that flat out sell in game money for real money (puts a stop to other sites selling it) it gives a huge advantage so comparing it to this game i was thinking the premium advantages are kind of small...especially with the prices how they are

DeletedUser

My only real problem with premium here is that it is twice as expensive as TW based on 30 days, there are 4 different options, and to maximize premium you'd spend 8x what TW is costing.

I don't see the reason for it and I, for one, won't be doing premium for that reason.

Their game, their call.

Just my .02 worth

The Cost is being asked about.

DeletedUser

... yh but i still suggest you have an all round premium which contains a bit of each ... e.g bronze silver and gold?

DeletedUser

10-12 years ago all the online games I played were all free.. now cant hardly find a game without someone charging a premium for some kind of upgrades.

Although Most of those currrant games have LEFT beta testing... and from what I read in this forum that this game is STILL in beta testing?(correct me if I am wrong?)... So, I am not sure what is sadder a company charging for a beta-testing game or players paying for it?

But that wasnt what I originally want to post about here... the game I came from was a space game and they offered all there upgrades to all players for Free for the first week of game play... I think this is actually a good Idea for the game owners.. Not only do you Introduce all the players to the Premium upgrades(and making the game easier to start out so more players stick it out) but while they have those upgrades for a week the players will get addicted to using them all the time so after a week you get ALOT more players paying for the Premiums... Its a win-win Idea for the Game developers I just Thought I throw it out there for them.

DeletedUser

I have seen companies offering premium for beta testing. They did the same with Ikariam. At least the game seems to work well without bugs if you get the right browser.

DeletedUser1105

And all of you ungrateful people want to play something you enjoy for free.

What is wrong with playing a free game for free?

You seem to think that people who don't pay to play are leeches. You are very, very wrong.

If they didn't want people to play for free, they would not allow you too.

I play TW, and have premium. I also play The West, and I don't.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Orginally, I was against the advantages that premium gives you, but now I agree with them. This type of game is not like tribal wars. Someone having those advantages over you is not going to result in you being rimmed and losing all of your villages. If people are willing to pay for premium, then then they deserve the advantages.

DeletedUser

I don't see a problem with getting some advantages when you buy premium.
My other game Adventure Quest I had to pay $19.95 (one time fee) and when I did I got more Advantages.So since the game is free to begin they need to make money some how since I haven't seen any advertisement.
As far as I know all games charge you something to play it or to unlock certain areas.
Giving someone some advantages if they pay them is just a way to reward (or encourage) people.
If nobody likes this my I suggest you just buy a game at the store and you don't have to complain about this any more.

DeletedUser

lol futan, you wanna see InnoGames go bankrupt and this game rest in peace now there's all the mortgage s**t and recession talks out there? If not then please admit that was a pretty ignorant idea of yours.

DeletedUser

What's wrong with paying for advantages? It's not as if you are forced to pay.

DeletedUser

i am okey whit all the premuim they offer. they have to earn money some way, and donations whould not do it.

as long as people hwo pays and people that plays for fee are able to do the same thing then there is no problem in it for me.

and just look at premium as a way to donate money to inno:)
and in return they make it a little easyer for you to play.

DeletedUser

i dont have premiums atm, but i will. why? not because it gives me the edge over everyone else, but because i am a firm believer in supporting what i play. innogames has got my 8 bucks a month. now would i give them 8 bucks a month for letting me put my own picture up? NO. will i give them 8 bucks for me not to have to log in during my sleepy time to fix my characters work schedule? yes.

just give them 8 bucks and pick your premiums or dont and enjoy the game like thousands of others do with no complaints. whiney baby.

DeletedUser

I dont get the whole its unfair thing. If you dident get an advantage why would you pay in the first place? Most Browser based games have free and premium versions. They need to make money somehow and i highly doubt ads cut it. if you dont like it then get premium.

DeletedUser

I don't mind the edge premium gives, I only wish it wasn't so expensive.

If it was cheaper, more might be encouraged to pay as well.
(just look at the results of theweststats poll)