Premium unfair advantages

DeletedUser

Apologies if this is been hashed out before.

This would be the first internet based game that I have ever played that gave 'extra' or unfair advantages to premium members.

I would be interested to know what the devs feel they will accomplish with this approach ?

Do you feel that people will pay money to get the extra advantages those on a 'freebie' will get, or do you think its better that there are no freebies and everyone pays?

Shot
TF

DeletedUser

uhhhh no.
you pay for it the game, you get advantages, enough said.
do you think bandwidth is free?
and considering they dont have any ads, i think its is fair that they have an advantage.

DeletedUser

uhhhh no.
you pay for it the game, you get advantages, enough said.
do you think bandwidth is free?
and considering they dont have any ads, i think its is fair that they have an advantage.

I disagree with you. Adverts ? pfffft adblocker takes care of adverts. If they made a game people want to play, there will be people in the world willing to pay for it as with most things.

Lets take TW as most are aware of it. You can play TW for free. Premium gives you advantages but not ingame advantages that make premium a necessary like more resources, better cav etc. (and thats the difference)

I play Hattrick and Battrick. The game can be played for free, but premium allows you to give your soccer and cricket players shirt numbers, strip colours, stats etc, but it doesn't change gameplay in the slightest.

Its nice to have, but not needed to still play the game.

This is where I feel The West is different. To be competitive in this game and have the full stamina buff etc I have to pay for it. Thats not how it should be in my eyes and this will mean I don't bother with trying.

I have paid for premium on all games I have played.

I just don't like been forced into it due to game play reasons so its likely I won't consider paying the devs money. (They get enough of my money from TW ;) ).

DeletedUser

well if you don't like it get Premium or don't play simple and easy, personally from what i've seen of the premium options compared to their costs your not getting anything out of it but spending alot of money.

DeletedUser

Many , MANY other games charge for premium service that adds a little advantage.

As someone else said, someone has to pay for the bandwidth, and this is a business...

DeletedUser

Many , MANY other games charge for premium service that adds a little advantage.

As someone else said, someone has to pay for the bandwidth, and this is a business...

Many ,MANY other games don't charge for premium services that add advantage ingame. They make there money by providing extra services that add to the game play immersion and experience. They do not add ingame advantages.

They make their money for bandwidth off the quality of their extra services and not off the fact that you pay for an ingame bonus.

They own and operate TW don't they ?

Nothing game changing in that premium.

The argument swings both ways, and I know that if I don't like it I can lump it. D)

DeletedUser

Everyone knows the premium is unfair, but that's it, who pays will cheat with premium without being banned.. I mean the premium is a cheat..

DeletedUser

lol The ads he is referring to are not pop-ups. Their like the ones on TW that show up on the margins of the screen. You can't block those.

And paying for premium is not necessary, I don't, and I'm progressing nicely. I'm doing the Trading job at lv11, and I'm making a killing off of it compared to the other jobs I'd be able to work at the same level.

DeletedUser

Premium is in EVERY web browser game. Why oh why do we have this same thread about it been unfair? Personally, if I created a game then put it online for ppl to play. I think I would like a little return income on the hard work it took to make it.

Its not like ya can create a game put it online and sit back to watch the coin come in. U have to constantly work on it tweeking it and making improvements fixing bugs watching out for cheats etc etc etc..

But that takes time, so they need paying for that effort. Sure, the ppl with money ARE going to be better stronger much faster than those without. But thats life where some have the breaks and some dont.

If you want to play a game thats free go to yahoo games or something. Otherwise stop *****ing about " Oh I think its unfair " crap all the time

DeletedUser

Lets take TW as most are aware of it. You can play TW for free. Premium gives you advantages but not ingame advantages that make premium a necessary like more resources, better cav etc. (and thats the difference)

In tribalwars you have to buy premium if you want to be a top player.When you have lots of villages its impossible to maintain them without premium.Its same here if you don't buy premium you'll not be a leaderboard player but you still can enjoy the game as much as payed customers do.

Its not that hard anyway,Premium isn't available in my country but I am still in top 100 ranking.

That being said I won't mind if they remove Dueling advantage and More energy option :p

DeletedUser

If you buy the 100 pack each week you would spend approximately 1 US dollars towards the game for each of the premium components. And you should support the game if you want to play. Creating a game costs money, getting a server costs money. And all of you ungrateful people want to play something you enjoy for free. You create a game and put it up on a server and spend all your money in doing so and then I'll play for free. Let us see how that makes you feel. If we did what you did there wouldn't be any internet browser games to play anywhere on the internet of any kind of quality.

One thing I do dislike is when developers play the game they create, because it can cause problems. Especially when they play extremely competitively. I'm not saying they are doing this here. But I have played games where the developers have bullied me, their own customer, needless to say I quit and stopped giving them my money. I just hope that they play nicely, but be mindful not to bully their customers. It's especially important so in games where dueling takes place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Many ,MANY other games don't charge for premium services that add advantage ingame. They make there money by providing extra services that add to the game play immersion and experience. They do not add ingame advantages.

They make their money for bandwidth off the quality of their extra services and not off the fact that you pay for an ingame bonus.

They own and operate TW don't they ?

Nothing game changing in that premium.

The argument swings both ways, and I know that if I don't like it I can lump it. D)

then you have never played TW with more then a couple villages

I would have to say FROM EXPERIENCE that it is next to impossiable to manage your empire if you have more then 20 villages without premium.. Over there the advantages are not exactly game mechanics changing.. but they are so important later in a world that you would quit for sure if for no other reason then the huge timesink it would take to manage your villages on a day to day basis

Lets take some comparisons that arn't huge differences

Premium on TW gives you an advanced build que
one of the premium give you an advanced work que

in tw with prem you get
more options with reports/sending troops/and monitoring attacks/timeing attacks
with two options here you get similar
the dueling option and the energy option this is not the best comparison but if you look at it in a broader perspective the options in TW save you time.. and here they give you more time

DeletedUser

Premium gives Advantages
hmm
yet #1 Rank Player doesn't have premium?

OH
Your ideas are wrong.
Then energy increase is 1.5 an hour, so slight it means nothing.

DeletedUser

Premium gives Advantages
hmm
yet #1 Rank Player doesn't have premium?

OH
Your ideas are wrong.
Then energy increase is 1.5 an hour, so slight it means nothing.

1.5 increase 50% more then normal players. You can't call it slight :p

And we all know who russki is.You can't judge normal players by his standard.
I am kinda surprised learning he don't have free PA though.