Place a purchase bid in the market (requesting tender)

• Thread starter DeletedUser32480
  • Start date

DeletedUser32480

Hello, this is my first post in this forum :D I have an idea I hope was not suggested before : )

I am thinking, it would be a good idea for players who are searching for items that do not exist in the market, to place an auction for other players, not to buy, but rather to sell.

So say I need 50 iron rods, I can go to market, open a tendering request, set the price and! Someone with 50 iron rods can come and sell me the rods and collect the money.

The idea is simple, does not need any further explanation or illustration (I hope), the same old market, but instead of placing a selling auction, it's placing a buying one.

What do you think?

A clarification on how bidding for minimum price can take place in this setup:

The player can set an immediate selling price, and a (maximum bid), obviously the immediate selling price should be lower than bidding price.

I post the auction asking for 50 iron rods, immediate selling price is 50k, maximum bid is 10k

Players will bid on that by reducing the auction price (maximum bid), so he can offer his 50 rods for 90k and the one after him can offer it for 89k for example, and so on.

Older Idea same effect:
Proposal
Add demand tab to market.

Current Workaround
For now you have to ask players if they have your desired items by telegram or via town/alliance/world forum and then discuss about the price. With this tab you inform others about want item you are looking for and how much you willing to pay for it.
Details
This tab enable the players to ask for the item that they need with some price. There should be an option to show that if she wants the item at special market/town or she will pick up the item where ever it be.

Abuse Prevention
No abusable. Currently people do it via telegram/forum.

Visual Aids
Not good with Visual stuff

Summary
All demand section to market. This tab enable people to search for what other people wants to buy with their desired price.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36492

I think this is a great idea, definitely helpful and i support this 100% :)

DeletedUser

It's also known as a reverse auction, and designed to benefit the buyer not the seller (the exact opposite of what a regular auction does, which is essentially what the current market is based on).

So look at it this way, if you are always buying and never selling, this is a great idea for you. If you're always selling (whether you buy or not), this is a bad idea.

Personally, I think on some worlds the market is ludicrously overvalued, almost comically so, so anything to reduce prices will get my vote!

DeletedUser36193

YEA YEA!!! THUMBS UP!! Just like in the real world when you bid projects, etc.

DeletedUser

Brilliant idea! This could be another tab at the market. I like it!

DeletedUser34315

I'd like to have this. Being able to indicate a desire to buy an item other than just telegraming people, as this idea would provide, is a good thing.

DeletedUser35968

I like this idea.
But I guess, now the seller gotta walk to pick up money :D

DeletedUser36193

I like this idea.
But I guess, now the seller gotta walk to pick up money :D

It could be that the buyer is the one who will walk on the market where the seller accepted the deal. But of course, the money must also be put on the same market. Just like the normal trade, the item and the money is on the same market.

DeletedUser35746

I don't think this will pass due to pure traders. The part of setting immediate buying price is good but I would change the bidding to secret, so none could see what the lowest offer is. At the end of the auction, the buyer can decide whether he accepts the lowest offer or not. All the fees will be paid by buyer. Anyway, good idea.

DeletedUser

Seems like a decent idea. How about making fees increase largely the closer you get to purchase price, thus discouraging people from throwing up hundreds of bids at really cheap prices.

DeletedUser

I don't think this will pass due to pure traders. The part of setting immediate buying price is good but I would change the bidding to secret, so none could see what the lowest offer is. At the end of the auction, the buyer can decide whether he accepts the lowest offer or not. All the fees will be paid by buyer. Anyway, good idea.

My main idea does not include any second chance for selling your items:

I need a natty coat so will place a demand on the market for it and will set the price for 500 K. The cash will disappear from my bank account and the first person who like to sell his natty coat will set it on market and will receive the cash. I will get a report that player X met my demand and I can pick up the natty coat at town Y where it is sold.

First person who set the natty coat on market will get the cash, no second chance for selling natty coat for less or more.

DeletedUser30224

proposal.png

Wanted section in the "Buy" tab.
Maximum offered price = the price you offer at most for the items you desire.
Immediate purchase price = the price you offer to anyone who can sell you those items.
Amount = amount of items you want
Full amount only = if ticked, then you only want to buy in bulk (200wood) and do not accept to buy in increments (players having 50 wood cannot sell to you, must have full amount)
Single price = the price per unit (Descriptive only if the full amount is ticked or the immediate purchase unit price)
Offers from anyone = you might want to leave that as it is, same principle: Global, Alliance, Town only.

Note: If you allow players to sell you their stuff in increments, they cannot sell you for higher than the immediate purchase price. Once an increment has been bought (say someone sold their 50 wood for 50*125$ = $6250), your demand (amount) automatically changes to 150 and immediate purchase price + max offered price adjust to $18,750 and $24,000 respectively.
Note1: Like Dash akol stated, the buyer must have the money (the max offered price amount) temporarily deducted from their accounts to prevent situations where the buyer does not have the money at the end of the timer. When the timer elapses, the LOWEST bid wins. If the bid was for the original 200 amount and now the available amount is only 150 (since someone sold you 50 wood at immediate purchase price), the seller will only sell 150 wood and receive only 150 * the amount he/she was offering. Just like with the buyer, once you place an offer on a wanted item, the amount from your inventory of that item is temporarily deducted and cannot be used (sold, equipped and so on).

Does this accurately describes your proposal?

DeletedUser

Like always SUPERB with image.

I think the "full amount only" option might make some confusion. I think it should be hidden and as default. (so no one can set a request on market with that option not marked)

What if someone sell 50 wood and someone else sell remaining 150 wood? Not beneficial for the buyer to collect them in different place.
In extreme 200 different people can mess up with the buyer and sell him 1 wood in each town, force him to move to 200 different place to pick up his items.

Having the "full amount only" option as default is also consistent to currently operation of market and having it is not. If someone set 200x wood for selling (with minimum and immediate purchase price) a buyer can not buy 50x and leave 150x. Can he?

DeletedUser35746

When u need a big amount of products, it's more likely to get it in parts (not much people have your required amount). However, I understand it could be unpleasant to get it in single pieces. Therefore, I would suggest to change the Full amount only? box to option to set Minimal accepted amount (for example u need 200 wood and set minimal amount 20, none will be able to sell u less than 20 wood). The only problem will occur when u get for example 190 woods of 200 required and u have set minimal amount 20 wood.
I would add also an option Amount of auctions when you want to set more same auctions (this can particurally replace the idea above).

DeletedUser32480

Yes this is exactly what I am proposing, thanks for the clarification, and selling in increments is such a good idea, It might take some extra work from the devs though.

And about what westman and others said, the product should be put in the town where the offer was made, the buyer should never have to go anywhere to pick it up! Just as with the current auctions, items and money are placed in the town where the offer was made.

This will also help players to know what's on demand in the market, in some worlds you see no balance in the products offered and products demanded.

I hope this passes to devs, the original idea should take too much work of them, just few methods to refactor I guess.

DeletedUser

For this to go ahead you can only ask for a fixed value and a fix number of something.

Making different values is a big (not to call it super massive)headache to code on a dinamic table.

So, for this to go ahead you need to make some changes: Making a offer of $5000 for 100 pieces of wood.
Only if someone has the 100 pieces and want to sell them for $5000 the selling can go ahead and not fraction it.

On the other side there is another option that could be used: Distance to location.
When someone places an offer they could say "markets from alliance, region, section or entire map".
That way the system would only show the offerings on those markets. But you would need to travel to the market where the seller accept your offering to receive the items.

DeletedUser30224

Like always SUPERB with image.

I think the "full amount only" option might make some confusion. I think it should be hidden and as default. (so no one can set a request on market with that option not marked)

What if someone sell 50 wood and someone else sell remaining 150 wood? Not beneficial for the buyer to collect them in different place.
In extreme 200 different people can mess up with the buyer and sell him 1 wood in each town, force him to move to 200 different place to pick up his items.

Having the "full amount only" option as default is also consistent to currently operation of market and having it is not. If someone set 200x wood for selling (with minimum and immediate purchase price) a buyer can not buy 50x and leave 150x. Can he?

When u need a big amount of products, it's more likely to get it in parts (not much people have your required amount). However, I understand it could be unpleasant to get it in single pieces. Therefore, I would suggest to change the Full amount only? box to option to set Minimal accepted amount (for example u need 200 wood and set minimal amount 20, none will be able to sell u less than 20 wood). The only problem will occur when u get for example 190 woods of 200 required and u have set minimal amount 20 wood.
I would add also an option Amount of auctions when you want to set more same auctions (this can particurally replace the idea above).

There's your answer.

...the product should be put in the town where the offer was made, the buyer should never have to go anywhere to pick it up! Just as with the current auctions, items and money are placed in the town where the offer was made.

Killado, I had the same reaction, but this is just a more complete proposal than what Dash Akol proposed a while ago. In principle they are the same. I'd say it cannot hurt. As for complexity, I could make it happen, and I'm not packing years of experience :p

DeletedUser

There's your answer.

Yep, that's (not to mark the "maximum amount only" option) actually like having 200 different request. I understand it and fully support.

If it be just a section in buy tab it will get messy after a while and searching there will be hard, my suggestion is to have a new tab for this, just like buy tab with sub sections of each gear and products and so on.