Piece of note 1(I READ THE WHOLE FORUM)

DeletedUser

Random is random.

On W1 on.se i think i gotten 4-5 note 1 and dont really need it as a i am range there.

But on 3 other worlds i am after it atm i got one 65 one 63 and 0ne 53 thats been doin

Think i been doing transport ammo and trading with indians and extravaganze for 3-4 hours a day since around lvl 40 on all of them and no note 1 yet ;/ got a feeling i never will get it.

DeletedUser

I believe luck is based on LP, so it would affect your chances. Evangelizing's luck might be a little low for part 1 at 1 LP, but it should be fine with transporting ammo. Another thing I'm not entirely sure of is if part 1 is treated as an item or as a hidden product with an extremely low probably of dropping.

Really? Hmm...the job screen doesn't say anything about LP being put towards luck, just ability to do the job and higher LP means more money earned and less chance of injury in the hover info over LP.

Not saying that you're wrong, Elmyr, but curious if this was read somewhere or if it was just from personal experience.

DeletedUser14006

Really? Hmm...the job screen doesn't say anything about LP being put towards luck, just ability to do the job and higher LP means more money earned and less chance of injury in the hover info over LP.

Not saying that you're wrong, Elmyr, but curious if this was read somewhere or if it was just from personal experience.

The big idea lately is that Labor points do not affect luck in the way that it raises the chance of finding an item, but rather more LP rewards you with higher value items.

DeletedUser

The big idea lately is that Labor points do not affect luck in the way that it raises the chance of finding an item, but rather more LP rewards you with higher value items.

Yar, I was aware the Luck % wasn't chance of finding item, all jobs have the same random chance to find something, but it is the value of the items found. Just wasn't aware that LP had anything to do with it. Shrug.

DeletedUser

ode to the irony as im a pure shooter not seeking the sword, my only purpose for it is to simply know how to get it. i was using premium while doing this job so. :D
part1f.png

DeletedUser

Hmm, maybe I should start doing trading with Indians and transport ammunition over fire fighter....

DeletedUser14006

Did Hernando go to the local photocopying shop one day, cos that piece of note sure gets around!

DeletedUser

God, finally someone get the note from transporting ammo. Now I know that I can do it with premium ;]

DeletedUser

I've been trying to get it with firefighter, to no avail. I'm working on respeccing a little and buying some gear to allow me to do grave robber, to improve my odds a little.

DeletedUser

Firefighting gives some really good drops. So no matter if you get the note part one or not you will get a lot of nice things.

Good luck. :)

DeletedUser

I found a fancy shirt and a white horse early on doing fire fighter, so with low LP. They're about twice the value of part 1.

DeletedUser

No they're not. They are both less than Part 1...

I should have said about the same price. I somehow switched from sell price to buy price.

Note part 1: $700 sell
Fancy shirt: $635 sell
White horse: $625 sell

That small (10%) difference is going to make zero difference, if luck is in fact based directly on value and not loot tables or some kind of rarity factor. I do believe the latter is actually the case though, since I've found about as many of each as I have notes part 1.

DeletedUser

It sounds like LP does help drop more expensive items, for those that have found note #1, what was your LP at the time? Does doing transport ammo/trading with Indians for more than 2 hours (2hr x 3-4 times) increase your chance in having the note dropped, or should you do the job for 2 hr then let your motivation recover back to 100% before doing it again? It seems like I've heard that motivation does not help, then I hear that it does. What has been your experience in finding it? I've also tried holding an object when I do these jobs, either piece of note 2, song book, calumet, does anything one think that will increase my chances?

DeletedUser

found piece of note part 1 last night.

robbing settlers, 100% motivation, 58 lp, NO PREMIUM!

DeletedUser

When it rains it pours. I found two 1-pieces in W1 while evangelizing -- about a month apart. I don't want to say "Evangelizing is the surefire way to get the note," but with around 100 LP in evangelizing (with premiums), I sure made out well. This was back in February or so, but nothing should have changed since then. Like everyone's said, there's no patented method for getting piece 1. To be honest, it is the massive obstacle in getting the elusive sword -- and the sword doesn't make or break the game. It does a lot of damage, but so do other weapons with the right build.

Just enjoy the game. As soon as you stop looking, you'll find two (apparently). :p