Ok, What's with the Delorean??

DeletedUser

That's because on Chrome it does not pop up properties like in Firefox. You can see your id anyway, so no need for all that rant.
Just hover your cursor over your town name in rankings. You will see on the bottom left side of the window a script as the one I posted above. It will show your town id.

Attachments

• town id.png
    town id.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 18

DeletedUser25233

Ok. A quick fix I discovered on another part of The West Forum that has worked for me (using Chrome) is to paste this:

javascript:$$(".city_profile").setStyle("display", "none");

into the address bar.

p.s. I have no problem 'ranting' if there's an issue with a very major element of the game that is affecting me and lots of other players. Maybe if people 'rant' enough, answers (like the above) will come to light.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Bank with Chrome

I went to the rankings menu
I clicked on 'town'
I right-clicked my town's name
The below is what was available in the pop-up box:
Back
Forward
Reload
Save as
Print
View Page Source
View Page info
Inspect element

'properties' is not on that list. Therefore I don't know my town's 'ID', therefore I can't follow the above instructions, therefore I'm disadvantaged.

I've sent a support ticket through, but that takes days to get addressed from past experience.

I am extremely angry. If I go and do jobs in the mean time, and get duelled, and have my cash stolen, will Innogames refund it? I think not. Extremely unfair. I am very disappointed with this.

Duduie is right. You can hover your cursor over it and it shows.
But in your drop down box, the one that you need to press is inspect element.
It will then show this box. The one that you need is highlighted when you do it for your town.
This is the way to do it with chrome

bankinghelp.jpg

Slygoxx

It does not matter which bank you open, it is always deposited into the bank of the town you are at the moment.

fortfighter1

click on car

Tried to click on the car but nothing happened. If i move the cursor over a shop a little hand appears as normal instead of the cursor but this does not happen when i move the cursor over the car so is there a problem some where in game???:cool:

DeletedUser

Very simple solution to the banking thing: ask a hat in your town to turn off the profile for today.

DeletedUser

Copy the text that Elmyr wrote, insert your town id (instead of 36), remove that space between i and d and paste it in the address bar. It opens your town's bank.

You're overcomplicating things. Whatever town you're in, that's the bank you use, regardless of town_id. I usually use the town button to bank even if I'm in a different town. Fees are based on your location, not town_id.

And the bugs seem to be fixed, at least the swf is positioned properly in FF now.

Edit: Although I forgot that town_id 36 would be a ghost town in some worlds, so your tip would be necessary in those worlds, although any valid town_id would work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fees are based on: your town or not! I think many people rather bank paying a fee of 4% instead of 20% and not to mention the travel time to get to that whatever bank's location. If you are willing to pay nuggets to bank, you can just click on the nugget sign next to your banked money. I didn't make it complicated. I tried to provide all the info needed before people asked. Opening the town id 36 could be 4-5 h away. If I wanna use nuggets I don't bother with the town id.

Slygoxx

Just to clarify a couple of things about the bank:

- When you open a random bank while standing at your own town, and deposit money into your own bank, you will pay the fee of your own town.
- When you open your town's bank while standing at another town, and deposit money into your own bank, you will pay the 20%(or less as worker) fee.
- If you are not standing at a town and you deposit money into any bank at all, you will get an error message.
- If you use the nugget deposit option, you will not pay any fee. Nuggets will also be subtracted when you are at your own town.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27104

No it doesn't.

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_bank',{town_id:36},'36');

I have a life beside The West so does not wast time on finding the javascript code and is not online 24/7 but thanks for the hint anyway.

Due to that feature I just lost all my cash in one world (more than 2k) so in some odd way it managed to make a April fool out of somebody :)

DeletedUser

- When you open a random bank while standing at your own town, and deposit money into your own bank, you will pay the fee of your own town.
- When you open your town's bank while standing at another town, and deposit money into your own bank, you will pay the 20%(or less as worker) fee.

Which was my point. I was shocked to learn on April 1st how many people didn't know that. I usually click my town button to bank in whatever town I happen to be in, at 20% if I'm not actually in my town.

I have a life beside The West so does not wast time on finding the javascript code and is not online 24/7 but thanks for the hint anyway.

Right clicking a building and copying the link location doesn't waste a lot of time.