Oil Spill

• Thread starter DeletedUser20269
  • Start date

DeletedUser11019

i agree, it is really not just one company to blame, or at fault.
here is yet another page, so dont go beating down upon the Russians or the Brits, it mentions Belgium in there too, so we must not forget to blame them :D
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/169/c/e/oil_crime_12_by_theblackpenny.jpg

in truth, they are now doing the "media game" having to do the meatings, the talk shows, the paper tabloids and other, they are playing face and bowing, cry cry cry for the camera, yet behind the scenes another show with a little more important out come.

so what do we know?
1, safety of equipment was bad and of the overall (not past, of that day and the scene)
2, they had Americans crawling all over the rig from various other companies.

disclaimer.
the text i print are heavy with Russian, try over look that and add it all up.(the over all)

DeletedUser

Anyone remember Agent Orange? Where was the compensation package for the victims of that in Indo-China? And that wasn't even an accident.

All this fuss is because the mess today is on America's doorstep. I guess pretty well every literate American knows about the Exxon Valdez, but how many would have heard of the Torrey Canyon?

The US per capita use of oil is enormous. If Americans weren't so greedy for oil these extraction risks wouldn't even need to be taken.

**okay, that last para was just me being incediary :)**

DeletedUser11019

the compensation package for indo china(Vietnam Cambodia)..its in the mail.

problem is, people get all angry and bitter, and that blinds them of the truth all the time, they point fingers and throw blame around.
the real problem is soooooo in your face.

just look at the clean up, when this was first posted, i thought they would have a hose pipe problem under control within a day or two.

DeletedUser

Funny, Obama doesn't speak out and everyone says he's not doing anything. He starts speaking out and people claim he's milking it. At what point are we going to accept that Obama didn't create this problem and, as the U.S. President, he's tasked with making sure BP fixes it and the regulatory committee that was in place during the Bush administration is penalized for not verifying BP's false claims of assurety, which is exactly what he's doing?

United States Government is corrupt. Republican or Democrate, hell all of them would suck on a cows tit if they could milk some money out of it. Barack Obama is sucking up the blood of BP, plenty of extra crap could have been done, bringing in foreign support (BP would have even helped, do you realize how much oil is down there?), and sealing the leak in a faster and smarter way possible. Sadly, Obama and the rest of the politicians are dead set on eliminating off shore drilling completely, so they can blow tax money on useless research into "green" alternatives which we are already screwed on the pommel horse out of any faster advancements in. He can't regulate BP, he can only banish them from US coastal waters. In my opinion, the BP CEO should tell Obama to piss off, pay for the 100 something workers who were in harms way and pay for those who died, then sue the hell out of the fella who made the faulty Oil Rig Failsafe, then stay clear of American waters as to not sturr up further... oil... and let Obama take care of it the best way he sees fit, while we all suffer and die from the diseases released on us by his sweltering idiocy. Bush did bad on Katrina, but damn it, the Russians stopped plenty of Oil Leaks and Obama doesn't even have the common courtesy to give any of us the reach around and enlist some aid from another country. I deem 70's Soviet Russia filled with more common sense than Modern day America...

DeletedUser14029

Just one thing:
Are you calling Green Energy Research futile, as far as I know Fossil Fuel is running out pretty soon. I understand that Oil Companies are all-too-willing to stop this so they can continue to make their big money...

DeletedUser

I say, if you don't like Obama, then blame him.

If you do like Obama, then blame someone else, like the GOP or BP.

......Oh, right, everyone's doing all that anyway. It's just like religion in a way.

I love the idea that this accident is being exploited to push green technology (ie the damned environmentalists are responsible for all those tarry beaches). It's all a horrible conspiracy by those vile windmill-builders and damned cyclists to deprive us of our precious oil. I wouldn't be surprised if the original explosion turned out to be caused by the Rainbow Warrior and the 'defective' valve was sabotaged by a tree-hugger.

DeletedUser14029

. . .
So you're against environmental protection. I hope Hellstormm can sooner or later start a thread concerning that and enlighten you.

DeletedUser

Umm Pro100, Eli was being facetious, but thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

DeletedUser

Just one thing:
Are you calling Green Energy Research futile, as far as I know Fossil Fuel is running out pretty soon. I understand that Oil Companies are all-too-willing to stop this so they can continue to make their big money...

Um.. Fossil fuel isn't runing out anytime soon, baby. What we are running out of is patience to continue the fossil fuel, and the bad effects it has in the radius of large cities that use it. Not saying gerbal warming, I'm saying the smog and pollution of the air caused within the radius of the usage.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately David, it is running out:

Those are the predictions, based on the Hubbert peak theory, and they are grave. They are also backed by concrete evidence, as shown here, from verifiable oil production/reserves in the United States:

usproduction.png

Estimates indicate the United States has six years remaining of oil reserves, seven years for Mexico, and an estimated 52 years total for all nations combined, based on increased consumption and population growth. So yeah, we need to turn this around, become dependent on alternative energy sources within the next 30 years, or we're screwed.

That's one of the bigger reasons oil corporations are taking greater risks, aiming for deep ocean oil drilling, as the predictions they posed to their investors turned out to flounder, and they're in a race to maintain viability in their respective stock exchanges.

DeletedUser

Um.. Fossil fuel isn't runing out anytime soon, baby. What we are running out of is patience to continue the fossil fuel, and the bad effects it has in the radius of large cities that use it. Not saying gerbal warming, I'm saying the smog and pollution of the air caused within the radius of the usage.

You may wish to google, "Peak Oil."

DeletedUser14029

just saying... before I was born, during the Gulf War in 1991 if my memory serves (my dad told me during one dinner) the oil fields there were burnt pretty bad, and H-U-G-E amount of oil was wasted -.-

Did it cause anything of significance to the World's oil reserves, just want to know.

DeletedUser

No, it did not. What it did do was pollute the region, pollute the air, and pollute the Persian Gulf.

To give perspective, the amount of oil so far lost in the Gulf of Mexico, over the past two months, is equal to what the United States uses up in just 6 hours. In many respects, it's a drop in the bucket. Unfortunately, that bucket just happens to be the ocean. :(

DeletedUser14029

SIX. HOURS.
Whoa.... I love Hong Kong for how small it is and in comparison, the railway system enables us to reach anywhere we want except the countryside >.<

DeletedUser

SIX. HOURS.
Whoa.... I love Hong Kong for how small it is and in comparison, the railway system enables us to reach anywhere we want except the countryside >.<

Your nation was SMART and built rails...What the USA needs is a good compromise. A RAIL system that will let you transport your car to your destination.

DeletedUser

David's right in a way. There's no shortage of fossil fuel as there's enough coal around to last us for hundreds of years, or until we can no longer breathe the air, which would be sooner. It's just not very convenient to run a car on.
But the good stuff IS running out and if we all switched to nuclear we'd soon have the same problem with yellowcake uranium. Maybe this is why Bush wanted us to go to mars, as we've nearly used up this planet.

DeletedUser

Oil is never running out completely, people are always making millions by discovering random spots we never knew existed. Also, nobody has ever tried to drill Antarctica..

DeletedUser14029

Wellll
Antarctica is all screwed up already with global warming... do have the patience and give it a few more decades before the ice succumb completely... I still want winter =.=

DeletedUser

Oil is never running out completely, people are always making millions by discovering random spots we never knew existed. Also, nobody has ever tried to drill Antarctica..

Well because it not allowed to drill ore mine any sort of resources in Antarctica as its saved for other purposes. Although coal, hydrocarbons, iron ore, platinum, copper, chromium, nickel, gold and other minerals have been found, they have not been in large enough quantities to exploit. The 1991 Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty also restricts a struggle for resources. In 1998, a compromise agreement was reached to place an indefinite ban on mining, to be reviewed in 2048, further limiting economic development and exploitation.

DeletedUser

Yee-hah! A whole continent we haven't raped yet. What a great time to be alive.