North Korea Bombs South Korea!

DeletedUser

To be quite frank, the U.S. should never have gone into Iraq. The real criminal is, and has been, Kim Jong-Il. He has, without a doubt, the worst list of crimes against humanity of any living nation leader (at the time of the U.S. invasion of Iraq, Hussein was listed at #13, whilst Kim Jong-Il was listed at #1). So, that said, I would far prefer something happen than not. I do not believe China will side with North Korea, they simply have too much invested in making money right now to endanger their profitable relations with the U.S. and other nations.

DeletedUser

I'd also prefer we'd do some action to stop North Korea if any thing escalates past this point. We can't just sit back and let a crazed dictator kill world peace- we all saw how that turned out with Hitler.

DeletedUser

War is inevitable if the present conditions persist unless one side or the other (the US or North Korea)take a major blow to their foreign policy.

While South Korea is a fairly modern with a strong economy,thriving culture,and the heart of many industrial power houses and technologies their brothers the North Koreans live the life of misery,starvation,oppression,an economy reminiscent of the stone age and a culture of worshiping their" great leader" as a deity not seen since the days of the pharaohs.They do have great military parades though as well as the nukes and are developing longer range ballistic missiles.

That ridiculous excuse of a country has nothing to loose and lot to gain and to make things worse they are particularly gifted at picking semi-insane/lunatic leaders one after the other.

Anyways such 2 countries cannot coexist side by side for ever,specially when both are backed by strong international powers.

DeletedUser

I find China's position on this to be weird. They could right now halt any further aid to North Korea, and watch them fall apart quickly if they wanted to; but they keep on supporting North Korea. In my eyes, China has no reason to keep aiding North Korea, since all they've done is create some more problems for China, which is already being focused upon.

I have a question, since I'm not all too sure about this: If China today halts all further aid to North Korea, and the collapse of North Korea occurs, and the country goes into such disorder; who comes along to clean it up? Would it be the US? To me, if that is true, it'd be good reason for China to keep supporting North Korea, non-militarily, since it would limit US power around China.

DeletedUser

I find China's position on this to be weird. They could right now halt any further aid to North Korea, and watch them fall apart quickly if they wanted to; but they keep on supporting North Korea. In my eyes, China has no reason to keep aiding North Korea, since all they've done is create some more problems for China, which is already being focused upon.

I have a question, since I'm not all too sure about this: If China today halts all further aid to North Korea, and the collapse of North Korea occurs, and the country goes into such disorder; who comes along to clean it up? Would it be the US? To me, if that is true, it'd be good reason for China to keep supporting North Korea, non-militarily, since it would limit US power around China.

China has strong cultural tie with Korea and both their people historically suffered at the hand of foreign powers particularly japan. China is also highly irritated at the presence of the US navy anywhere near its waters in part because of the Taiwan still unresolved status and that's a huge issue for them.
So they got the most modern deadly fleet off their National waters plus several huge foreign military bases off its southern flank in the Koreans peninsula.
They will back the N.Korean unless their partner go nuts on them (a real possibility).

Also China already achieved super power status economically,the next step would logically be to upgrade their military.Their new military doctrine will most certainly include strategic areas of influence (ie: no one is allowed to play in my backyard doctrine),and Korea is part of that.

DeletedUser

The scariest part I believe is that N. Korea could invade S. Korea with the consequences of million of Koreans fleeing to neutral countries to escape the war, thus ruining countries economy with Asylum Seekers. Think not about the violence, but of the Economics of our countries which could fall at any moment as it is.

N. Korea know what they're doing. N. Korea & S. Korea is like W. Germany & E. Germany. Both sides have different Economical structures. N. Korea is built for war, while S. Korea is not.

While these countries feud, USA will probaly try the guy in the middle trying to seperate them, but instead turning the two countries tempers from angry to (beep beep beep).

DeletedUser

The bombing was just stupid and the North shouldn't focus on war they should
focus on there economy.

P.s I want to swim in the Korean peninsula.

DeletedUser1121

IMHO the Chinese goverment has only one big focus at the moment, their economy.

China and North Korea share a large border together. China has build various big hotels, factories, trading houses etc near that border. Everytime Kim visits china, they try to convince him to use a one party system just like China and focus on economy instead of warfare. So far, they couldn't convince him and according to sources recently opened by wikileaks, they aren't really happy with this. But then again, this is what Chinese officials have told America. All in all, i think China is just being pragmatic on the whole situation. They wouldn't mind if there would be one Korea. That would help their economy even more.

DeletedUser

you are right as usual, but the interesting thing i find is that china wants a unified korea, which is understandable, but they want it ruled by the south, which is interesting. the chinese also said that the north was behaving 'like a spoiled child'. comments?

DeletedUser

you are right as usual, but the interesting thing i find is that china wants a unified korea, which is understandable, but they want it ruled by the south, which is interesting. the chinese also said that the north was behaving 'like a spoiled child'. comments?

Sort of makes sense. Wouldn't you want the country next to yours be a stabalized, ordered country with powerful allies and a stable economy that isn't building nukes and its military 24/7?

DeletedUser

Sort of makes sense. Wouldn't you want the country next to yours be a stabalized, ordered country with powerful allies and a stable economy that isn't building nukes and its military 24/7?

You say that building nukes and military is a bad thing?

DeletedUser1121

You say that building nukes and military is a bad thing?

especially when you forget to look at the last part of the quote: 24/7
Some kind of military helps stabilize the area, but if it is your only focus, you are doing just the opposite. Because weapons are for protecting you from or attacking your enemy. If all you do is build an army, you are focused on war only. That will never bring stabilization to your region.

DeletedUser1121

And north Korea continues to show their muscles.
Today they used artillery fire to show their powers.
This happened when admiral Mullen (USA) visited Seoul to talk to the military leaders of South Korea.

North Korea fired in the yellow sea, but stayed on their side of the NLL which is the border they never acknowledged.

DeletedUser

They had to do something to save face ,we had several large military exercise involving Skorea and Japan and for the 1st time in a long time involving both of them at the same time in some instances.This after they threatened severe retaliation if we dared do more military exercises.

We called their bluff and they whimpered.SKorea already committed to air bombing them if they pulled their stunt again and we got major sea power at their coast now including a carrier fleet.

DeletedUser14029

Well the original artillery strike was only to increase Kim the 3rd's influence in the army and nation. It was meant not to start a war, SKorea won't retaliate, everybody knows that because SKorea's capital will be decimated by NKorea the day the war breaks out, no matter whether SKorea hs a million PATRIOT missile or not. NKorea is still in the days of artillery-ftw era, but that makes sense now that shells are unblockable, unlike missiles that can be destroyed by PATRIOTS o_O (am I right?)

China . . . Well, we want Korea to be ruled by the South probably because we know the South is more reasonable, even though they are feuding with us at certain aspects of culture and life. But of course if South and North Korea merged, United Korea will not be really overtly favouring Americans with the North Korea factor.

Just my 2 cents >.<
Don't bombard me telling me I suck at this thing :D

DeletedUser

It is my opinion that if n & s korea merge (unlikely), they would favor assistance from China, and the U.S. would lose out. It's in the best interest of the U.S. to ensure there's tension between both sides.

DeletedUser

a large number of koreans support the unification, and i think too it would be china that would be assisting ,closing u.s intrests out of that region.,politics aside its a humanitarian issue,since all the u.s embargo's seem to do is bring even more poverty to a already desperate people,who in a lot of areas are still starving from the famine ,desperation always leads to extremisim,quick glance and the middle east shows that some positions of power use the weak and under privialged for there own ends (on both sides of political ideology),,i think i just ranted?

Last edited by a moderator: