North Korea Bombs South Korea!

DeletedUser

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rea-bombs-South-Koreas-Yeonpyeong-Island.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/North+Korea+bombs+South+Korean+island/3869076/story.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...outh-korean-populated-island-115875-22733487/

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...an-island-fighter-jets-scrambled-2431258.html

korea-image-2-782733865.jpg

No small event. So, what are your thoughts?

DeletedUser

My first thought would be: "Oh ...!"

Then I'd need to read up on it immedietly.

DeletedUser

Nothing really new then, I can't get over the fact that as a race "the human race" we are nothing more than brutal savages !

The question really is though if this really kicks off who will run to South Korea's aid ?
With North Korea's Mother watching over the little moster child what parent would dare to take on the sleeping, fire breathing Dragon (CHINA) ?

Though I have my own thoughts that China will not want to get involved due to their ever growing industry now. It would seriously cost them a pretty penny.

DeletedUser

I guess both sides are prepared for those kind of encounters anyway. Its not so big of deal as its not something completely unexpected and both sides know what they're playing for.

DeletedUser1121

China has disaproved the bombing by Noth Korea.

i won't be surprised if there will another incident soon.
The great leader Kim will step down soon and his youngest son will take over.
He is already the highest general of the army and wants to show his power to the people of North Korea.

and don't forget even without the help of China, North Korea has an substantial army. 5 million of the 22 million Norht Korean's are in the millitary.
I would like to see South Korea and the USA get that amount of troops ready in a week.

Another dangerous fact, Seoul is only 33 kilometers from the norht Korean border. If they decide to hit that city, they can give a serious blow to the whole economic region.

DeletedUser

Another dangerous fact, Seoul is only 33 kilometers from the norht Korean border. If they decide to hit that city, they can give a serious blow to the whole economic region.

Yeah, but I think South Korea and allies have already thought about that. Besides, try moving 5 million troops without anyone noticing.

DeletedUser

Hopefully Kims son isn't as crazy as he is. Kind of hard to tell though, as his dad has locked him up in the closet for all this time so that we can't meet much of him.

DeletedUser1121

Yeah, but I think South Korea and allies have already thought about that. Besides, try moving 5 million troops without anyone noticing.

You don't need troops to move in the city to attack it.
Just a few big bombs and havoc all over the place.

DeletedUser

If south Korea strikes back what about the norths other
communist allies.
(If there are more bombings there might be WWIII)

DeletedUser

I don't think this will further escalate, but I'm not too sure of it.. South Korea now being one of the world's top economies, and North Korea's economy failing. South Korea has nothing to benefit from further retaliation, war would be stupid for them, when they've finally established some stability. Question is, if North Korea does continue, the South can't just sit there and take it; and will have to retaliate. Then we get into the question if China would support North Korea.

I don't think WW3 is likely, but some ideas/speculation/random things, that you could discuss.

-recent speculation of North Korea readily being available to produce Nuclear Bombs, imagine them bombing Seoul, which is very close the border, or Japan, a top economy and US Ally. Violating previous talks/agreements with the US, and other parties.

- passing of power from father to son, son being now equivalent to a US Four-Star general now I believe(not too sure), so head/important figure of military forces?

- The supposed North Korean attack on a South Korean submarine/ship earlier this year.

- The mysterious missile launch off of the West Coast(USA), speculated to being a symbol of our capabilities, sort of like a warning to Asia, much like how missiles were launched off the Eastern Coast to demonstrate our power/capabilities to the Soviets.

- Constant failed agreement, peace talks, negotiations, whatever you want to call them.

Seems like a bunch of tension being built up between North Korea, the USA, and South Korea..

DeletedUser1121

World powers know better than to star WWIII.

Question is, does North Korea know?

Like xcentric said, the tension is being build up for a while now.
Being able to make a atom bomb costs a lot of money and half of their population is suffering from hunger every day. If you are that focussed on your millitary, there is no telling what will happen.

DeletedUser

In addition, to the whole North vs South Korea, I'm not entirely sure if there will be war anytime soon. But there is no as of right now negotiating with the North reasonably. Maybe once Jong-Un takes over, he'll have different views. But we can't wait a few years for Jong-il to die, and for Jong-Un to completely take over. If they have atom bombs, and we're unable to negotiate with them, we're pretty screwed. We invade, or take serious action, then they're going to use the weapons. We sit back, and hope their views change, which they probably won't; we risk still being attacked, maybe with a larger arsenal of weapons.

So, we're in a predicament to say the least.

DeletedUser

Don't worry, Future-President Palin has woved to support your North-Korean allies.

DeletedUser

Question is, does North Korea know?

Like xcentric said, the tension is being build up for a while now.
Being able to make a atom bomb costs a lot of money and half of their population is suffering from hunger every day. If you are that focussed on your millitary, there is no telling what will happen.

So lets say North Korea attacks South. In order for the conflict to escalate into a world wide conflict would be if North Korea manages to get some allies. Otherwise international forces would destroy the oppressor in a week and it would be all over.

DeletedUser

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/11/27/4/0301000000AEN20101127000800315F.HTML

This could be something to discuss as well, it relates to the topic at hand, since many people aren't really posting on this thread.

To sum it up, US Warships are supposed to conduct drills in the Yellow Sea. Last time these drills were supposed to occur, the supposed North Korean attack on a South Korean submarine occurred. Then China had asked the US to stop the drills in fear of escalation between North and South, the US stopped the drills, but didn't give a reasoning. China is again reaffirming its position, not wanting us to conduct such drills, since North Korea has vowed to attack the South again in case of any military activities. Then the South will have to retaliate if the North decides to attack.

Basically a question: Should the US go ahead with or stop these drills? Do you believe that this will deter North Korea from attacking further, or encouraging them to?

* Sorry for sort of kind of changing the discussion, it still relates to the North and South Korean attacks, just thought this thread needed more posts!

- I'll post an answer later in the day, sleeptime for me.

DeletedUser

It was his son that ordered the barrage i read in the paper and he gets called "the young general" i beleive, anyway North Korea is dangerous, they have some nuclear missiles. For those of you who do not know South Korea was America's half after defeating the japanese and the North was Russia's or USSR, America had votes and a leader was chosen by the public and Russia put a communist leader in charge.

North Korea is out of control, we need a sniper with two bullets Kim jong ill and his heir (i hope this doesnt cause any offence in any way acrually now ive read it)