No limits on Level 10 Bank

DeletedUser

Last level of bank to hold limitless amount of cash.

That is pretty much it. When you finish Bank level 10 there should not be a restriction on how much cash you are allowed to deposit. What will happen is once your town is done and you have all the gear you need to buy and your bank account is full...what are you to do?

You end up walking around with $21,000. A dueler with $15,000 duels you and takes $7,000 of your money. Now he is walking around with $22,000 cash. Somebody duels him and wins a little over $7,000. Why? What is the purpose. It's just shuffling money around at this point. You don't need to buy anything else. They don't need to buy anything else. Nobody can bank the cash.

Maxed banks should be unlimited in the funds they hold.

DeletedUser

If inventory limits are implemented, and it sounds like they're still considering it, if Joony's post is correct, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be, this suggestion is almost mandatory.

DeletedUser

this would make the game to easy...lets keep this,and the game will remain interesting!

DeletedUser

What do you mean it will make the game too easy? What is easier than hitting someone you know can't bank any more cash because the world is so old and their character level high enough that they have to carry cash. That would be easy.

What is the point in shuffling money around when it will basically have no purpose after a certain point. At least let us bank it. If it's useless let it be our useless cash. I don't see the point of doing jobs to earn cash if I can't do anything with it. Same with dueling. Seems like a prescription for game death.

DeletedUser

If inventory limits are implemented, and it sounds like they're still considering it, if Joony's post is correct, and I see no reason why it wouldn't be, this suggestion is almost mandatory.
Sorry for being off-topic - I'm just getting really scared when I hear anything about inventory limits - NOOOO!!!!:eek:hmy:
If not limitless, I believe the bank levels above level 8 should keep increasing with a similar trend as the levels before that. I would like to see at least:
lvl 8: $10,000
lvl 9: $15,000
lvl 10: $25,000

DeletedUser

I agree with this, It should be limitless after level 10.

I also think things should be added to the game to make that extra cash useful. Not that I have any ideas on that, but I would think the game could become very boring at that point for anyone.

DeletedUser

And treasury money comes from the players. They shouldn't be forced to surrender their cash to the treasury because the bank won't hold it. Especially if the town is maxed.

DeletedUser1105

How about they made it limited, but very highly so?

They could extend the bank to 100 levels, with each upgrade providing a higher some of money.

Would give builders and towns something to do as well as solving this problem.

DeletedUser

Maybe not 100 levels, but at least more levels. Of course if you followed the pattern of the last two levels with +$1,000 per level, 100 levels would work. It would be hard to justify suddenly adding $12k per level, or doubling the previous level, given that pattern, of course level 8-10 could be changed as well.

DeletedUser

To be honest I'd rather they have unlimited banking at level 10 and give us some different buildings to construct. I don't think having 100 levels of a bank to build is going to make the game any more exciting for anyone. I wouldn't be opposed to having a bank level 11 that would need 2200 points in order for completion.

DeletedUser

Duelers will get to the point where they have the best gear and no place to put their cash either. This is a problem for everybody, not just certain character classes.

DeletedUser

Sounds like a lazy way to half-way patch up a big problem.

The game needs money sinks, which actually pull money out of the game to do away with this pseudo-inflation that we're experiencing. There are a few ways to do this:

More shops and items, won't work very well unless the devs flood us with items and then they'll just need to add more when the problem arises again.

Gambling, lose money to a computer opponent. You would have to ensure that players can't win too much money, or in other words force them to bet low so that they can't win a lot of money without clicking a lot of times.

More steps to get items, the creation of items from materials added together with the aid of tools. Might not mesh very well with the infinite aspect of our current stores.

Food and hunger, I don't think many people would like this but it would help with the money issue and could help keep things interesting if coupled with the above^ solution.

So in other words, this is a big problem and the devs will most likely need to completely change the game to fix it.

DeletedUser

The game needs money sinks, which actually pull money out of the game to do away with this pseudo-inflation that we're experiencing. There are a few ways to do this:

More shops and items, won't work very well unless the devs flood us with items and then they'll just need to add more when the problem arises again.
More shops and items would be great except they are talking about limiting inventory in new worlds. This makes the ability to protect and save cash mandatory because players will be forced to sell items/products.

Gambling, lose money to a computer opponent. You would have to ensure that players can't win too much money, or in other words force them to bet low so that they can't win a lot of money without clicking a lot of times.
Gambling would be fun. But again, what would be the point. What are you going to do with your winnings? Oh, that's right. You will carry it around because you can't bank it. Who is going to put money they already can't protect on the line in order to win more money they can't protect. Makes no sense. Even if they had to bet low. So put money on the line to win hardly anything? Seems like a complete waste of time.

More steps to get items, the creation of items from materials added together with the aid of tools. Might not mesh very well with the infinite aspect of our current stores.
Again with the items. Limited backpack will make a player choose between saving items/products so they can make other items/products. Players will be forced to sell off inventory and walk around with cash they can't bank.

Food and hunger, I don't think many people would like this but it would help with the money issue and could help keep things interesting if coupled with the above^ solution.
Again, backpack limits, which seem to be inevitable at least in new worlds are going to make storing food a full time job. I don't want to 'have to' carry anything in my backpack if I am limited on how much I can carry. Also, coupling all those ideas together makes it so I have no room in my backpack for anything but food and items I only carry around to make other stuff with.
So in other words, this is a big problem and the devs will most likely need to completely change the game to fix it.
The idea of patches is to enhance the game, not change it completely.

In case anyone is going to argue "but the backpack limit is only for new worlds so it doesn't affect us" I would ask you rethink that. If you want to start on a new world you will be affected.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

At some point it should be limitless. Level 10 works for me. I don't care to continue to build on the bank to make too many more levels.

I think the bigger problem is when players reach a certain point in the game, it becomes pointless to continue to play. You have all the best gear, maxed out town, you name it, you've got it or done it. Like I said before, that would get boring and pointless. You would have no need for the cash, and have nothing to look forward to except for dueling just for a win.

I like level 10 unlimited banking, but I think the game just needs more things to look forward to once your at that point in the game. I don't know if Forts are that answer, and I don't have the answer either. I just think that's the bigger issue.

DeletedUser

I would be happy with unlimited banks, but I do think there should be more levels of bank first. Maybe make the bank unlimited at level 15, so it matches the gunsmith. I would also hope that any future clothing additions to the game came with higher levels of tailor to prevent the unavailability of new items to established towns being an issue again.

That said it looks like we may have plenty of uses for both money and skilled builders soon with the forts.

Diggo11

Perhaps extend the Bank to Level 15, and make that unlimited?

Level 10: 12k
Level 11: 14k
Level 12: 16k
Level 13: 18k
Level 14: 20k
Level 15: Unlimited

That seems fair and gives us more to build.

DeletedUser

The game needs money sinks, which actually pull money out of the game to do away with this pseudo-inflation that we're experiencing.

Exactly. I like the current limit on banks. When the new item sets came out last month, nobody had $40,000 saved up.. you had at most $12,000 plus some sellable inventory. And that limit makes the game more enjoyable.

My personal way of dealing with an abundance of cash is to pay for expensive hotel rooms when I'm away from town.