No counter attacks when Texan or Mexican battles are initiated

• Thread starter DeletedUser21816
  • Start date

DeletedUser21540

Thank you, Netaal. :) The size of today's battle reminded me of the old days. Glorious!

DeletedUser

well, two more today.

i'm curious about this one. if many attackers get killed at first one, i wonder if there will be enough defenders against Gonzales attack.

DeletedUser

Easiest way to stop this is have both Mexican and Texan leaders agree they are unacceptable. After that any town that does it will be marked as traitors and will not participate in the fort battles that they initiate. Also sides ignoring counter attacks accept for defenders. This is the way i see to stop this.

DeletedUser21816

Well that's no solution, since some of the attackers, are according to some not even in the revolution. They attack on their own.

Deleted User - 1278415

Yea we are barely able to fill the attack in most case's.. Defense are usually full in most cases.. so to mark people as traitors is usually a waste of time.

DeletedUser

yep! i wanted to come on here and tease ninja - but i was too embarrassed:razz:

DeletedUser

It stops the problem. The point is if towns no that if they do this they wont be allowed in the attacks and their defence will be ignored then they probably wont do it anymore.

DeletedUser

Great battle today! I especially enjoyed the last brave charge of the mighty one armed ninja!!! nice way to put the test to your adventurer bonus lol! i was standing right in front of you and i couldnt see you :)

DeletedUser21816

Second time they're doing it again...
Seriously Texans haven't done these counter attacks in weeks, why should the Mexicans do it then?
2days ago they did, again tomorrow 2 fort battles are taking place in a short time span.

DeletedUser

Mexicans and Texans should have their own special forts imo, which no other town can declare on. If they declare on normal forts owned by players who are least interested in what goes on between Tex & Mex they will definitely declare on what they want - when they want, unless you can use game mechanics to disable this. And I'm sure it will be the Tex vs Mex war that has 4 attackers and 4 defenders.

Deleted User - 1278415

Johnny LaFontaine, you are doing exactly against what this thread is asking for people to stop doing... your counter attacking around the designated times of the Texans and Mexicans scheduled battle times. Which honestly is a cheap tactic of taking away soldiers from the real battles.

Did you notice that LaBahia hasn't declared a battle in the past few days? its because you grabbed their designated time slot and if they would have declared a battle it would have detracted from your attack and their possible attack.

Your just wasting your towns money vs La Bahia/Gonzales which both have bottomless treasuries that could be financing the bigger battles. The way I see it your just hurting your alliance.

DeletedUser21540

Good Feather,
In my posts, I strive to be positive and encouraging because there is enough negativity in the real world. However, after reading your post and the personal nature of your post, I feel that this is a personal attack. Rather than using generalizations in your post, you called me out by name. Therefore, I will answer your charges.

Response to Good Feather
1) If you had a personal disagreement with me, you could have sent me a PM rather than call me out in public.
2) Your post points to a weakness in the calendar. It would be more helpful if the calendar was based on server time rather than the current mode. It is difficult sometimes to calculate the game time to the time zone which one occupies.
3) Due to my work schedule, I play as I am able. On that particular day, I had a limited window of opportunity in which to launch an attack.
4) As for the charge that this was a cheap tactic and my battle was not a real battle, I point out to you that you are not a psychic. You do not know my thoughts or heart. My battle was a real battle and I wanted that fort. We came close to taking it. Please note that my town has been very active in launching attacks lately.
5) As for the wasting of town resources (money), it is our town's money, not yours.
6) As for your assessment that this hurts our alliance, that is your opinion and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

La Bahia/Gonzales which both have bottomless treasuries.

This is a joke. Every town now has enough money in town treasury to launch as many attacks as they care to.

And unless you can stop this using game mechanics stop whining and/or trying to impose your ideas on others.

DeletedUser

so far as i know there are no rules about when forts can be attacked on any world, other than:

• Times of peace - From 23.12.* 12:00 to 27.12.* 00:00

• Duration from declaration to next declaration: 2 days
counterattacks and multiple fort attacks are strategies for battles, but not all players like them. this is a legitimate topic for discussion, because even though we are on different sides we are all still part of the revolution. for me being part of the revolution means multiple goals - to be successful in the game personally, as a team, and to make the revolution a successful event all around. in fact for me the goal to make the revolution a success is the most important one, because that is something that is unique here on this world and i can see that it could be something really interesting if we make it be.

i like when people post their opinions because people usually come up with things i never thought of or knew and i learn a lot. but i also dont think there are any right or wrong answers here. one thing i do know is that as soon as you start slinging verbal debris you lose because everyone knows you dont really have anything to say.

DeletedUser21540

As I stated above. Changing the calendar to server time would be a big help.

DeletedUser

I think a great idea to get around this and make W4 completely unque, would be to drop the Texas Revolution out of fort battles and add field battles, new battle grounds, I have alot of great idea's around this.
Wouldn't cost any cash to start a field battle, the battle would appear like a quest giver (maybe in more than one place, being able to sign up for the same battle, after all we want to bring this world alive, why make players, travel best part of the day)
Some of the maps will have forts, where as others will be completely field maps, with obstacles, such as rivers (which may have a bridge to cross), mountians. Maybe a layout of a town with one side starting off in the town. Town buildings will offer more protection like buildings in forts.
Though I also thought why not add afew turned over wagons, walls/trenches, barrels/crates (which only offer very little protection.)
Clearly nothign to be won at a field battle except XP and maybe finding something and getting one over the Mexican's/Texan's :)

Can say if this would help/hurt the world though, definetly would be alot different.