No counter attacks when Texan or Mexican battles are initiated

• Thread starter DeletedUser21816
  • Start date

DeletedUser21816

Problem is there's too many people counter attacking forts so nobody will be able to participate in the Texan/Mexican fort attacks.

Trying to defend their own forts. Leaving you with 1 attacker to 4 defenders. Same with all the counter attacks after that. Since they can't make it in time for the 2nd 3rd initiated attack. So they go defend it instead of trying to be at the initiated attacks themselves.

Example today Texas attacks 10:15pm, counter attack around 11pm, another counter attack at 12:45am and to make matters worse a counter attack from a Texan town at 1:30am.

Can't there be a 12hrs no other attacks thing in there? So people can enjoy a good fort battle instead of these worthless battles.

Then my second problem:

It would be nice if there were more people online for these battles alone. There should be a poll for these attacks instead of initiating them at like 10am in the morning (server time). First of all europe is at work/school during that time a day and America asleep or at least going to bed. People have a life beyond this. If it's for Australia, then i wonder how many Ausies are on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

I fully agree with you however there are only so many hours in the day.

How do you get 5000 people on w4 to agree on a time to show up for fort battles?

and you have to keep in mind players also have fort battles on the other active worlds like w11, w12, wAZ and w14 daily

DeletedUser21816

Well, my town is on the Texas army side. We have an in game forum there, for all texan army towns. Since we can make polls on them. We can start by asking the server times there. With an every 4hr interval for example. 12:00am - 4:00am, 4:00 - 8:00am, 8:00am - 12:00pm, 12:00pm - 4:00pm, 4:00pm - 8:00pm, 8:00pm - 12:00am.

Democracy voting. This is just an example you do it in 2hrs too or different times. around 6:00pm - 2:00am will most likely be the best outcome.

And if that 12hrs no other battles is too long make it 6hrs. Besides it's every 48hrs, there's enough time for other battles every 2days in between.

Diggo11

This is officially a rant - you've been warned.

Problem is there's too many people counter attacking forts so nobody will be able to participate in the Texan/Mexican fort attacks.
Sadly that's life when you are battling the UGLY alliance. Ever since The Mexicans attacked one of their forts they launched attacks back at our three [then] newly obtained forts every time. So we transferred the forts public hands to defend, we figured they can do a better job than one town & friends, and that's not much better. It amazes me how much people bloody complain about old worlds being dead - this is the exact type of events that keep them that way.

So good work UGLY, you should feel proud when we pack off to world five and leave your world to rot once more.

It would be nice if there were more people online for these battles alone. There should be a poll for these attacks instead of initiating them at like 10am in the morning (server time). First of all europe is at work/school during that time a day and America asleep or at least going to bed. People have a life beyond this. If it's for Australia, then i wonder how many Ausies are on here?
Right, now this rant is for you: get over it. There are four battles a week launched at four individual times, you should be able to make at least one, so you can hardly say it's not generous.

So there, rant over. But I'll end with a quote from Hellstromm: "meh, i still hate you" :)

DeletedUser21816

Yes, i know they made the different times. I can tell you, there would have been more people on the Texan army attack yesterday, if it wasn't for these 3 counter attacks. Hence my question if it were possible for a non counter attack time for 6hrs.

DeletedUser12394

Sadly that's life when you are battling the UGLY alliance.

So good work UGLY, you should feel proud when we pack off to world five and leave your world to rot once more.

It goes both ways to be honest..

Diggo11

It goes both ways to be honest..
Yeah truly, after UGLY countered EVERY Mexican attack for a month, we are now as guilty as you because some small town who is NOT registered to the Mexican project attacks one fort :rolleyes: Let's not try fool ourselves here - one side is using registered towns to call up to three battles additional on any given attack, the other had an unregistered ally calling one extra battle on only recent attacks.

The question is not can we make a rule, but when will you stop?

Deleted User - 1278415

And now you see why I suggested raising the fort battle prices on w4 only.

Have just 2 towns calling fort battles. That would be the battles to show up to.

DeletedUser21816

Well i don't know about all those fort and counter attacking schemes in the early days.

But here i am, just registered for a week, because of the mexican/texan revolution. And all i can say is... it's not going anywhere if there's always 1 to 4 defenders battles. I would like to see a fully filled fort for once. Offline/online doesn't even matter at that point. My main concern was the counter attacks ruining the whole texas revolution i registered for on W4.

So that was my suggestion, to have a 6hrs non fort battles. The money raising isn't going to do much. In our world 7 we have over 100000 town treasury (talking Silversnake city). And towns with about 15 people over level 50 will easily gather that amount in a week. Let's not forget there's a lot of people on lvl 99 probably done everything there has to be done. Only still looking forward to a fort battle probably. So all they would do is high money jobs and see the treasury stays full. That's not a great solution.

DeletedUser

I just want to add my two bits:

The raffled fort wars are a catalyst. It would be great if they actually succeeded, more people participated in them, and thus the raffle feature actually kicked into gear, but the mere fact townships are all getting active in fort wars of their own demonstrates that the "event" fort wars are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is to reinvigorate the world to some degree.

Now, just to note, it is the intent of the even volunteers to provide more than just the raffled fort wars, but they are attempting to get things stabilized in that facet before they add on more events. So, the fact the raffled fort wars are, in and of themselves, not being altogether successful (nor are the hatchets being dug up when intended) is a bit of a concern and something that is delaying the influx of additional events.

So yeah, if more people participated in the raffled fort wars, and they demonstrated themselves to be an active and effective inclusion, then it would definitely open up things for "other" events to be added to the world.

And just to clarify, the issue here is that of volunteer' availability & morale contrasted against players' lack of participation & provision of abuse. Yes, that's right, abuse. There have been instances early on where some players felt a bit entitled and thus began to abuse the volunteers thinking it's their right to demand, but of course not participate. That's a big morale kick, and it cannot continue to happen. We want this event to work as much as the rest of you, but right now there's just a tad too many people clamoring for action, and not enough giving a crap about actually stepping up.

Demonstrated: we had about 10 people volunteer to be player volunteers, with only three actually stepping up and regularly participating in the project forum (not visible to you njubs) and ingame. As it is, we have 4+ moderators carrying the bulk of this project and it still has plenty of potential, but the moderators are volunteers too and they already have their plates full with all their moderating chores, so adding on this project is not something they have a lot of additional time for, which is why player volunteers, and ingame participants, are so crucial to making it all work out.

So, what does that all mean?

It means that this project, this game mastered world, is still struggling, still in its infantile stage. Not only are we struggling to figure out how to make our existing event work out on a regular basis and figure out how to pull in players to participate, we're struggling to figure out how to include other events without overburdening the limited volunteer staff. Yeah, that's the ugly of it. When all the "work" is placed on the handful of volunteers, including the work of motivating the playerbase to even bother to participate, that leaves little room for expansion.

That's not to say we're not still geared to make things happen, don't misconstrue the "blunt honesty" I present here as a white flag, not in the least. It's merely my indicating just what is going on and what we, as volunteers, are faced with in order to get this potentially fun scenario off the ground. And, to be honest, it really hasn't gotten off the ground yet. We're the Wright Brothers with the wrong planes, so we're constantly having to go back to the drawing board and figure out what we need to do to get this thing to take flight, and we'll continue to do so, with or without the community's help.

Deleted User - 1278415

Oh thank you, its a W4 fort menu... lets see we have 3 servings of fort attack today... hmm which one to take on.. they all will be served up within 5 minutes of each other. I wonder which one will be using fake noodles. mmm yummy

Diggo11

Indeed it is, and I disapprove. It's bad enough with one launching this crap, coming from both is too much.

DeletedUser

when i joined this world to try the revolution and i saw that the ugly crew was on the texan side i joined up on the mexican side thinking that the mexicans were going to need all the help they could get vs that crazy - ace fortfighting crew... wasn't i surprised to find out they had all but given up!!!!

the challenge is on........... texas has the manpower, the levels and some seriously good fort fighters --- you going to let the mexicans walk all over you????? or are you going to come back to W4 and make the mexicans sorry they ever started any trouble.... lol --- make me sorry i ever said a word :)

hey texas -- going to bring it or what????

DeletedUser

rue the day???? well you can always try ninja... but since i have been on the mexican side i have found out the meaning of the word tough. they dont like to leave anything standing around here... hehe :)

One Armed Ninja

The Mexicans have not yet encountered me in the Mex vs Tex battles.

I shall work relentlessly to bring about a new dawn of victory for my side, and rain fire and death over yours

DeletedUser

The Mexicans have not yet encountered me in the Mex vs Tex battles.

I shall work relentlessly to bring about a new dawn of victory for my side, and rain fire and death over yours

Fort Hell Lookout Aug 6, 2010 8:36 AM FAE - Winter Dew 42
attacker_wiped.png
35 Gonzales
but since you weren't online, we won't count this one :razz:

DeletedUser

yo ninja! i see you dusted off a few creaky old texans and brought them out for an airing ..... you almost had me worried at that last battle....... almost hehe:)