Votes: 28 16.8%
  • NO

Votes: 45 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22575

^ Dude, this is not the whole idea. Do you think that the Devs would implement only map colour change, a few variables and three items? No, they would add more things... and how are night-players disavantaged? They have extra luck and get extra money... it's balanced +Luck & Money -Exp. & +Danger. And you also have the lamp & torch to reduce the danger. Maybe I'll add a few items that raise back the exp. factor... maybe Coffee... keeps you awake :D

Greater danger/less exps for those who can play at night only.

And if its not the whole idea then you need to post it for discussion, not somehow expect the developers to somehow "fill in the gaps" for you.

DeletedUser9470

Once again, this is not a balanced game play suggestion because it disadvantages those who can only play at night.

You can't expect people to change their RL..work...etc...to play a game because of a game change that is "cool".

Neither can you expect them to play at a disadvantage.

Not only that..you forgot to include any meaningful negative to anyone standing their in the light working who gets dueled.

Their ambusher is out in the dark..they are standing there in the light.. what negatives are you going to assign to their tactics, shooting, etc to reflect that ??

If inno were to implement something as awesome as this (which they probably will as they did so on their other MMORPG games) im sure theyll do everything they can so that you can get up and go to sleep with your ingame character.

DeletedUser22575

If inno were to implement something as awesome as this (which they probably will as they did so on their other MMORPG games) im sure theyll do everything they can so that you can get up and go to sleep with your ingame character.

well tbh i really don't see anything awesome about this.

i see it more as lets have some kitty kitty bang bang glitz with the night and day, add a few plus and minus's to some jobs, and create a couple of new items for sale.

to me what things like this do is slow down the road map and the developers working on some thing meaningful like new quests, etc.

DeletedUser9470

quests might be meaningfull to you, as does going to sleep with your character also nicely tucked up in bed...
but not meaningfull to everyone.
this night time idea, would enhance the game by making it more attractive graphics wise, and would add a lot more interest in terms of strategy of timing and gameplay.
adding yet another quest isnt really going to up interest in the game is it?
thats like adding another drop to the ocean.

for sure night life is a lot more exciting.

DeletedUser

But promise that there won't be any ghosts!Okay?
I like the idea,but in some countries the time zone is different,but I think that isn't a problem.Right?:)

5 stars

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pass. 1. A darker and harder to read map doesn't make the game fun for me. 2. I really don't want my map being dark when it's night in Europe. It's already idiotic how big of an effect timezone differences have on gameplay. There needs to be less differences, not more.

DeletedUser9470

Pass. 1. A darker and harder to read map doesn't make the game fun for me. 2. I really don't want my map being dark when it's night in Europe. It's already idiotic how big of an effect timezone differences have on gameplay. There needs to be less differences, not more.

"a darker map would make it harder to read."
maybe you have the brighness setting on your screen too low?
are you still wearing your sunglasses?
so when the sun goes down you suddenly become blind?
do they not have lights in your country?

think a bit.
maybe theres a workaround along the lines of: its dark on the map as it is dark IRL?...
or even maybe something along the lines of timezones across the map from east to west?

i dont see any effect timezone differences has on this game? please point some out.
if youre going to say fort battles arent at the right time for you, there is no right time for anyone. the right time is whenever i log in and that isnt a constant. for me or for anyone. so that isnt an example of timezones being a problem.

as to "there needs to be less differences not more"?
what?
im shocked
o i see what you mean: lets get rid of all jobs but one. that way theres no differences at all. lets get rid of all quests that differ from character to caracter, lets get rid of different character classes. that way everyones the same.
great idea elmyr!

im all for giving players as many options as they can
people are completely different irl, because thats how they want to be.
well, there are a few sheep out there who stalk and do exactly like someone else, but theyre a bit freaky imo.

so as there arent any negative sides to this idea it can only enhance the game and gameplay.

DeletedUser22575

"a darker map would make it harder to read."
maybe you have the brighness setting on your screen too low?
are you still wearing your sunglasses?
so when the sun goes down you suddenly become blind?
do they not have lights in your country?

think a bit.
maybe theres a workaround along the lines of: its dark on the map as it is dark IRL?...
or even maybe something along the lines of timezones across the map from east to west?

i dont see any effect timezone differences has on this game? please point some out.
if youre going to say fort battles arent at the right time for you, there is no right time for anyone. the right time is whenever i log in and that isnt a constant. for me or for anyone. so that isnt an example of timezones being a problem.

as to "there needs to be less differences not more"?
what?
im shocked
o i see what you mean: lets get rid of all jobs but one. that way theres no differences at all. lets get rid of all quests that differ from character to caracter, lets get rid of different character classes. that way everyones the same.
great idea elmyr!

im all for giving players as many options as they can
people are completely different irl, because thats how they want to be.
well, there are a few sheep out there who stalk and do exactly like someone else, but theyre a bit freaky imo.

so as there arent any negative sides to this idea it can only enhance the game and gameplay.

This idea is full of negative sides, you just want to ignore them. Not going to make them go away or this idea any more attractive to others just because you do.

DeletedUser9470

This idea is full of negative sides, you just want to ignore them. Not going to make them go away or this idea any more attractive to others just because you do.

like you have pointed out loads of negative sides!

1 that you have pointed out so far: you like to go to sleep at the same time you put your character to sleep.

well you're the only one with that problem.
any other problems?

DeletedUser

i don't think there's anything wrong with this, also they could apply a button that turns your map bright again if you feel un-comfortable, however the effects would still aplply (consider that another idea)

DeletedUser27354

but im only on from 22 to 5 so it might not work for me to be on day time i think it should be from 22 to 2 for night

DeletedUser

Guys, why would this affect you so much? On the .ro/.hu/.no/ and so on Romanians/Hungarians/Norwegians play so when it's night in real life it's also in the game... the only server where many people from different continents may play is .net

DeletedUser23359

Never SEEN A BETTER IDEA!! DUDE YOUR IDEA ROCKS!! YOU TOO!!! WOOOHOOO

DeletedUser

It's a .net server, where multiple nations play. The night for one is day for others. No.

DeletedUser

It's a .net server, where multiple nations play. The night for one is day for others. No.

So what? It's not that unfair! At night you have +MONEY & LUCK (that's good) -Experience +Danger (that's bad). It's even. And you also have the Gas Lamp to reduce the danger.

If you say that it's unfair because of the time difference, think about this: When it's 3 AM for you and 9 PM for someone else, he/she can duel you/raid your town/ attack your forts! <-- Aren't these unfair?

DeletedUser

Well maybe that wouldn't be much of a problem.Just to set the time for Europe and other continents,like it is done for the ingame time already.

DeletedUser22575

So what? It's not that unfair! At night you have +MONEY & LUCK (that's good) -Experience +Danger (that's bad). It's even. And you also have the Gas Lamp to reduce the danger.

If you say that it's unfair because of the time difference, think about this: When it's 3 AM for you and 9 PM for someone else, he/she can duel you/raid your town/ attack your forts! <-- Aren't these unfair?

what exactly do you think the + 10 % luck is going to do?

DeletedUser22575

I don't know... what does the Holiday Set do? :rolleyes:

lol..well it might effect drop rates slightly i don't know for sure.

Here is where I see the problem with this at.

As you know everything here is on a gradated system. The higher level you are the more ap/skill points you have which in turn = more Labor Points for jobs.

I see this adversely effecting those of lower levels.

Experience + Danger really won't effect higher levels that much they get quite enough exp from jobs usually and the danger would be so minimal it really wouldn't effect them.

That would not be so with the lower levels of course...the extra exp would be nice for them, but the danger could be quite bad for them.

Money + Luck again, at higher levels money is really not a problem. In a lot of cases you really have more than you can spend as shown by some of the bids for items in the new merchant.

But again it would be nice for the lower levels.

As far as the luck, if you are expecting to see a 10% increase for drop rates I think you can forget that one. Some of these items have a very low drop rate for a reason. You take something that has a 1% drop rate and change that to a 11% drop rate and it goes from something that is rare and only a few have...to something everyone has very quickly. And I don't see that ever happening with some of these items, imo the system was not developed to be that way.

And with the new merchant luck is really a pretty much useless future anyhow. If you don't have it or can't do the job to get it you just go buy it.

So i really see no benefit from this except for some of the lower level players...depending where in the world/what time zone they are on...and then this system is actually a detriment to them.

DeletedUser

As far as the luck, if you are expecting to see a 10% increase for drop rates I think you can forget that one. Some of these items have a very low drop rate for a reason. You take something that has a 1% drop rate and change that to a 11% drop rate and it goes from something that is rare and only a few have...to something everyone has very quickly. And I don't see that ever happening with some of these items, imo the system was not developed to be that way.

Umm...no... I was thinking an extra 10% of the item value. From 1700 - 2200 to 1870 - 2420

Status
Not open for further replies.