New weapons

DeletedUser14280

and if you really want a new weapon then you can try this paradox, the Elgin Cutlass Pistol:
SuperStock_990-3221.jpg

would this count as a melee weapon? or as a fire arm? it cant count as both.
I bet I know how that thing would work.

It'd count as a firearm or melee weapon depending on:
a) What your opponent is weakest against,
b) What you're stronger with,
c) What...hold on a second...

I know that having high toughness boosts your effective reflex as well, in a way.
But does having high shooting/vigor affect the other?

DeletedUser

if shooting and vigor do affect each other than that would be news to me. if that is true it would trash my idea of using 75% of each stat for this gun.

DeletedUser14280

I know!
When you have that particular gun equipped, you can go to your duel screen and select how you want to use it! Genius!

DeletedUser

I know!
When you have that particular gun equipped, you can go to your duel screen and select how you want to use it! Genius!

i like it! now if we can just figure out how to use this pistol:
duckfoot.jpg

my idea is that it does 55-80 damage but has a -5 aim value

DeletedUser14280

Why -5?
The muzzle-loader has a +1 to aim, and that's the most unwieldy of the lot.

No, I think that that awesome pistol you have there, should have a bonus instead.
But perhaps it could be like the throwing knifes, with both high and low damage.

DeletedUser

Why -5?
The muzzle-loader has a +1 to aim, and that's the most unwieldy of the lot.

No, I think that that awesome pistol you have there, should have a bonus instead.
But perhaps it could be like the throwing knifes, with both high and low damage.

its not like the pepperbox, that thing shoots its 4 barrels simultaneously. this would do great damage but is very inaccurate. what if it had higher damage. say 60-120 with attributes of -5 aim and +5 appearance.

DeletedUser14280

its not like the pepperbox, that thing shoots its 4 barrels simultaneously. this would do great damage but is very inaccurate. what if it had higher damage. say 60-120 with attributes of -5 aim and +5 appearance.
No, no, you don't quite get what I'm saying.
True, it might be inaccurate, but if you have a weapon that decreases a stat, no-one would use it.

Now, I think that it should have an extremely WIDE damage range, such as 4 to 88.
That way, it's a cool gun, but there's a downside in using it, that is, there's a great risk of doing only low damage.

DeletedUser

ok. i see then, it would kinda be like the shot gun (not shotgun) fort weapon. where it can do extremely small or high damage.

DeletedUser14280

Exactly, although I was actually thinking of Throwing Knives (dueler weapon).

DeletedUser

yeah, that would work. the "Duck Foot" pistol was designed as a sort of crowd control devise. but i get the feeling that the dev's wouldn't go for that because they want rifles and things that are designed to be more long distance in fort battles.

DeletedUser14280

Says BK, our second to become bullet-proof.

So, big guns? You were saying?

DeletedUser

what about the gatling gun. it was introduced into the civil war in 1861
Gatling.jpg

i want these things stationed in the forts towers!

DeletedUser14280

I can't tell either.
I say we assume good faith, that he's serious.

So, we have a good idea on how these weapons should be handled?

DeletedUser

there was a hand-operated machine gun like thing that was on stagecoaches used to transfer a lot money.