New Quest Feature

DeletedUser22685

Try 720 hours :p

I was a very bored cowboy around the time that quest came out, but I was too much of a lazy cowboy to bother with it.

DeletedUser36559

As soon as I saw 720 hours I thought nah that'll take me 3 years to complete.

DeletedUser

I dont think quest are garbage,I quite like them no matter what the reward is.Some people like doing quest just because they like quest and story lines.Yes you can get more exp by doing adventures now and just buy the potions,more bonds doing ffs but everyone has different likes,not all of us enjoy the same part of the game.So what may be garbage to one person can be a treasure to some one else.

I only have 1114 completed on my account. (my server still doesn´t have the adventures or the 2 new questlines that are, already, available here)
When im refering them has garbage is not because i don´t like making them. It´s because they have be placed on the garbage can since the V2 arrived.
Right now you just need to speed rush into 130 and you can complete 986 quests without needing anything. Just following the informations and you can complete 73 of the 79 questlines that are available. (4 are "secret" and 2 have special requirements that ask for positive labour points to make something)
On some point the rewards are tied with the needs of the quests. Since they are so easy to complete. On the other point there is nothing hard to do on them. Before the v2, people needed to think, make calculations and move around skills-attributes just to get over a step of an quest. Right now... you just need to level up and get the job open, even that it has 500 negative points.

Apelatia

Killado's point is a good one. Quests are, I'm sad to say, too easy these days to complete. In the past, with the job system that we had prior to version 2.0, to be able to do many of the higher level quests, you had to reskill. I still recall reskilling my heart out to finish Animal Spirits, Hope Dies Last and The Treasure, and that we before even considering going after the 3. key from Grave Robber. Nowadays, the only reason that you might reskill to do anything is to reduce the damage that you receive on a particular job (Level 100+), which is a method that I approve of. Although, it's not really necessary, as you can do just about everything in the newer high-level quests with negative labour points. I really can't see a way that the developers could make quests difficult again, what with how the in-game features are structured right now.

DeletedUser36182

One of the things about the quests that bugged me was the absence of alternative outcomes. Only the 3rd key one has anything that resembles this. In life we make choices that affect the outcome in both the long and short terms. Everyone should be able to achieve the same goal but there should be multiple paths to get there. Screw up here, redeem yourself there. It isn't that difficult to add a few expressions to the boolean.

Deleted User - 3853873

Try 720 hours :p

I was a very bored cowboy around the time that quest came out, but I was too much of a lazy cowboy to bother with it.
Ya I remember it was some crazy number and I took the easy way,lol:)

On different subject when I add my worlds,why does it just show beta,It's no biggie just curious lol.I added my 3 worlds to profile and it isnt showing those.
Back on subject I still like the quest rather they are easy or hard as long as there is quest to do lol.Be great if there was a mixture of really hard ones and easy ones,but nothing is perfect so I'll take any lol.Same daily's every week is boring lol,I do appreciate them tho as they are a way to get free bonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

One of the things about the quests that bugged me was the absence of alternative outcomes. Only the 3rd key one has anything that resembles this. In life we make choices that affect the outcome in both the long and short terms. Everyone should be able to achieve the same goal but there should be multiple paths to get there. Screw up here, redeem yourself there. It isn't that difficult to add a few expressions to the boolean.

It's actually Key 2 that can be missed by choosing the wrong path during The Raid, but that's a moot point anyway since that key was made auctionable. There was also the third piece of a note which could only be obtained through a secret quest after choosing a specific path in a certain questline and was needed to unlock Hernando's sword (there used to be an old mantra along the lines of "always choose Waupee's way" :p), but again that choice has been made redundant by the fact that the note is now auctionable as well as Hernando's sword being as common as a push dagger and not much more useful.

The devs stated quite a while ago that there would be no more quests that would be influenced by making a wrong choice. The complaints that most players had were based around the fact that the Golden Gun was implemented long after The Raid and many people had already completed it the wrong way.

I agreed with that point of view at the time, but that doesn't mean I'm against any future decision-based quests as long as it's stated beforehand that the choice will have ramifications down the road, rather than those ramifications being added years later. Not that it really matters with spoilers being so readily accessible, but there's not much we can do about that other than choose not to view them.

On different subject when I add my worlds,why does it just show beta,It's no biggie just curious lol.I added my 3 worlds to profile and it isnt showing those.

There's a bug with adding the Public Beta to your list of worlds. I can reproduce it easily, but not with consistent results, so I'm not actually sure what's causing the bug or how to get around it. For now, just remove Beta from your list and the other two worlds should show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agreed with that point of view at the time, but that doesn't mean I'm against any future decision-based quests as long as it's stated beforehand that the choice will have ramifications down the road, rather than those ramifications being added years later. Not that it really matters with spoilers being so readily accessible, but there's not much we can do about that other than choose not to view them.

That is a massive problem. Because people that do the quests right from the opening, will need to make there choices. Others will stay behind and just wait for some tutorial to get out and give them all the informations on what to do. (strangely people just bogged out of thinking... when there is something strange with one of the support sites, they just get crazy because they cannot lose some seconds reading a quest text to find out what is needed)

The key 2 was a massive problem, because when the raid quest was released, the indian jacket was not sold on the shops. And the key didn´t had any use (some people even got the right path but take the walking stick or kudraw parasol since they where super hard to drop at that time) since the 3 key was on some secret quest that had a 1h requirement to be using something and arrive at the ghost town inside that timeframe. And the prize was something that nobody found out.
Then they made the changes and released the 6 golden guns. At that time, people that did the quests where already at 99 and that quest was done many months ago. The other ones that didn´t do the quest, got the key and got the golden gun... On the other side, on a previous review they made the indian jacket into the shops. So people that got it from the quest, because it could only be received throw the chests, where left hanging.

After many complains they got the 2 key into the rare product bag (same thing with the 3 part of the letter) and made it auctionable... unfortunately that got a massive raise on multi accounts to get that key and the 3 piece of the letter.

But they could get the quests to have positive points on the jobs... that way people that just duel or fort fight cannot do them. It was the funnier part of the game... trying to use the calculations to get the required amount and use money to move skills and attributes around.

On the other side, there is a quest (charlie) that asks for the gentleman or lady clothes that didn´t got the updated horse. That would be another point to make people go around other things... since getting those clothes can be just "ask a friend to borrow them for 1 minute".

Those things left people that made quests and go around the map, out of the game. The game became too easy to play and doesn´t need any thinking. (not to talk the 24h players that can be online anytime to be the first ones to complete the quests)

Apelatia

killado said:
Those things left people that made quests and go around the map, out of the game. The game became too easy to play and doesn't need any thinking. (not to talk the 24h players that can be online anytime to be the first ones to complete the quests)

The game has become too easy, especially in terms of quests. Personally, I much preferred the times when players worked together on this forum and in-game to work out what the next step for a quest was. The Myth is a good example of collaboration between players. Nowadays though, the first thing the players do when a new questline comes out is to look to TW-DB, something which I truly disapprove of. Though they are still relatively simple to complete, the Main Story questlines would have at least provided a little more of a challenge without the aid of the fan site for everyone to look at to tell them absolutely everything that they need to know to complete a questline. (Quest giver location; job to complete, item to equip, etc...)

In fact, I can even see that the way that things are right now discourages player interaction. Rather than asking around for help on a quest, or working together with another player to achieve the goal for the next step in a storyline, all that has to be done is to click a few buttons to get to the TW-DB quest page, and then...wala! There is all the information that you need in front of you. If it were up to me, I would delay information being released from TW by at least four months, so that those that are really engaged in achieving the end of a quest are able to put their own minds to the test, rather than being beaten to the mark by those players that can simply nugget from quest giver to quest giver and hoard products, just by the use of their nuggets and a full and elaborate TW-DB provided quest guide in front of their eyes.

On another note, whilst writing that...rant I thought that what might be interesting for the game might be quests which require players to collaborate and do specific things together within a specific time frame... For example, for a job-based quest, perhaps three players would be required to collectively get products to drop from 15-second jobs in the space of one hour from a set selection of jobs. This would require communication, as well as players being able to organise being online together... Thoughts?

Deleted User - 3853873

Thank you Futurama for telling me how to fix the world thing

DeletedUser36559

For example, for a job-based quest, perhaps three players would be required to collectively get products to drop from 15-second jobs in the space of one hour from a set selection of jobs. This would require communication, as well as players being able to organise being online together... Thoughts?

I like the idea of working with others to achieve a certain outcome. Certainly more challenging that the quests put our there right now and your idea requires communication, teamwork skills and also trying to coordinating things properly.

DeletedUser

On another note, whilst writing that...rant I thought that what might be interesting for the game might be quests which require players to collaborate and do specific things together within a specific time frame... For example, for a job-based quest, perhaps three players would be required to collectively get products to drop from 15-second jobs in the space of one hour from a set selection of jobs. This would require communication, as well as players being able to organise being online together... Thoughts?

That would be highly hard to implement. It would need to create a pool where you needed to call out friends into it, register it and start doing that.
We already have a MASSIVE amount of multis... that would raise the bar even higher.

They could finish the myth quest. It was implemented to ask for using products for the 4 crafts until the 650. But, for some reason, they dropped out of it and the quest is still on the limbo.
Since i was the first one to get the damm glass, it was a hard to test thing and got it by luck. At the start of the search we where a few hundreds. When i found it, there where only me and another player trying things for it. Everybody else was gone after a few days.
I still thought on hidding the information until i could get the magnifiying glass, but i posted the report on my homeserver... and somebody printed it into facebook. I even tried to move around information to get people lost for a few days but it was too late.
With the hope dies last was a similar thing...

But it was a very funny quest. Same with the main story where people forgot about logic and just have gone messing up when it asked for the fake snake :D

Those quests are great when they give information but we need to think and make research to find out what is needed. After a while, with the tutorials, most people don´t even read the texts. And the creators of the story get nothing for there work (remember the main story? on part 3 people already had forgot what Shoe liked to eat).
When the quests where harder and we needed to shuffle skills around, people had time to read and check data on that quest... right now, it´s just a click feature.
And we still have many products that where received from some questlines that stayed and didn´t got any usage. They made use of the broken spade and the golden coin... but there are some others that are still in inventories after we get all the quests completed.