New Quest Feature

Apelatia

To all you quest lovers out there, such as myself, I'd like to draw your attention to a feature that I had not noticed previously in the 'Completed Quests' tab of the Quest Book. It now appears to tell you what position you were on your world to complete each specific quest.

It's almost unreal to see how many times I was the second or third person to finish a questline, especially the higher end, and more recent questlines.

It's a very interesting feature, and one which I shall enjoy reminiscing over... I do notice though, that the feature doesn't seem to display for all the quests...

DeletedUser

I think it only shows your rank if you were in the top 50 or top 100 or something. It is showing me for the quests I was first to complete and also for the quest I completed 91st. :D

DeletedUser22685

I haven't noticed a number higher than 300 yet, but that's not to say it's not possible. The cut-off date for whether or not a questline is registered is probably the same date as that of the items for the collection achievements.

Deleted User - 3853873

Ya now I wish I didnt know about that rofl,I looked and have one that I got first and knew about it cause henry said it in chat,but now I know I have some that I was close to first lol,like 2nd or third and some I am very surprised as my world has a lot of players and for me to be that high shows a lot of people dont finish the story lines lol.some these guys been playing a lot longer than me and thought I would be way behind on the story line but I am way up there .

DeletedUser

The main storyline quests came much later. The older players also had to do it from the beginning.

DeletedUser

Ya now I wish I didnt know about that rofl,I looked and have one that I got first and knew about it cause henry said it in chat,but now I know I have some that I was close to first lol,like 2nd or third and some I am very surprised as my world has a lot of players and for me to be that high shows a lot of people dont finish the story lines lol.some these guys been playing a lot longer than me and thought I would be way behind on the story line but I am way up there .

The main story line arrived less than 1 year ago. Everyone that was playing got it at the same time...

I have many of the new ones between 1 and 10. (there are some strange things... like been 190 on the first quest but been the 3 on the 2 quest... but the first one was asking to go to the employer that opened the 2 quest.)

But, right now, quests are garbage. They give nothing. Experience? Can get 600000 times more from duelling. Upbs? Can get 25 times more on fort fights. Money? can get 30000 times more using the premium and doing high payed jobs. Items? You just need money to buy them from the market. There is only 1 item that makes a small difference: the Indian Belt. Even that one was available for many months on many servers to be bought for 100 upbs.

The quests only had 1 thing: people needed to move attributes-skills from one point to another to do them. When the jobs are all open at level 130, you don´t need to move anything... so you can be a 18000 hp fort fighter and still do all the quests. Or be a skilled dueler and still complete all the quests in a blink of an eye.

Deleted User - 3853873

I dont think quest are garbage,I quite like them no matter what the reward is.Some people like doing quest just because they like quest and story lines.Yes you can get more exp by doing adventures now and just buy the potions,more bonds doing ffs but everyone has different likes,not all of us enjoy the same part of the game.So what may be garbage to one person can be a treasure to some one else.

DeletedUser

I dont think quest are garbage,I quite like them no matter what the reward is.Some people like doing quest just because they like quest and story lines.Yes you can get more exp by doing adventures now and just buy the potions,more bonds doing ffs but everyone has different likes,not all of us enjoy the same part of the game.So what may be garbage to one person can be a treasure to some one else.

I agree here. I don't do quests for xp/cash/bonds/item, I do it for the story in them. I don't go straight to tw-db for every quest, I read the description and try to think of the next step myself and this puzzle solving is what interests me. Many times a quest that you did at a lower level is a hint to a quest you're doing at higher levels. Things like that make it interesting.

DeletedUser36559

Yup, not everyone likes questing but I never do them with the intention of getting any xp or cash just for the story line and the fun of it.

Deleted User - 3853873

Don't think I will start anymore suggestions or idea threads,or reply to any as mods are now giving me negative marks too,because my language and writing is bad.I have worked full time since I was 14 so yes my education isnt the greatest and I am not good at writing. Sorry for my bad writing to the forums and any inconvenience it may have caused the experts.

Ripwise

Don't think I will start anymore suggestions or idea threads,or reply to any as mods are now giving me negative marks too,because my language and writing is bad.I have worked full time since I was 14 so yes my education isnt the greatest and I am not good at writing. Sorry for my bad writing to the forums and any inconvenience it may have caused the experts.

Positive and negative reputation marks are given based on the posts you make and it just depends if someone agrees or disagrees with you. There is absolutely nothing bad meant by that.
We appreciate any ideas and no language or writting is dissed on, on the contrary, it is against forum rules to grammar flame anyone.

I appreciate your and everyone elses contribution to this forum and the community we are trying to make/maintain here.

Please, dont feel bad about any negative marks or anything negative that might have hapened here.

I hope i will see more of your ideas and contributions to this forum. :up:

DeletedUser

I don't think mods would negative rep you for bad writing but you did create a lot of unnecessary threads instead of posting in existing threads on the same topics.

Deleted User - 3853873

I don't think mods would negative rep you for bad writing but you did create a lot of unnecessary threads instead of posting in existing threads on the same topics.
Excuse me sir please don't give a opinion on something you know nothing of,if you look at your user cp you will see what negative remarks are made and the person left there remark with name.If my thread is unnecessary then why waste your time replying to them or giving your 2 cents worth.
The forums are for discussions and opinions of all player's not just the ones that think their idea's are the correct ones.That is what feedback is,opinion's of all people to a subject.
The dev was nice enough to mail me and explain why,so this matter is closed and would appreciate no opinions on the matter,Thank you

DeletedUser22685

Great, now that we've sorted out that little mishap, any further off topic posts will be treated accordingly. If there are any lingering issues with this, feel free to contact me directly and I will mediate or assist as necessary.

So, back to the quest counter...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 3853873

Wasn't the cowboy quest like a 100 hours of the same job? Think that was the one I took the easy way out, forget the title lol