New luck system

DeletedUser21320

The upshot is that we now have to change clothes *every time* we change jobs. Before I only worried that I had at least +10 LP to lessen the danger factor. Now if I don't optimize the clothing every time, I'm losing money or a possible item. It doesn't look like the calculated XP value changes, though, just the money and drop values.

And the "calculated" XP value is just twice the old percentage. Big deal. The old XP seemed to vary randomly between half and double the percentage shown. Has anyone checked after 1.27? I just noted the calculated value for the first time, so it will be a couple of hours before I can tell if it still varies.

Deleted User - 1278415

DeletedUser

it's true that the spreadsheet no longer applies as it now depends on LP.

however what could be useful is, knowing the value range for 1 LP on a job and then figure out the formula for increasing the value range as LP increases

(I hope that Westinsider will do something like this.. would be great)

DeletedUser21320

It appears, from a very small sample (4) that the XP and $$ earned now depend *only* on LP and motivation. The luck factor seems to have been removed. It would be nice if the devs would confirm this, since it is different from the published rules. It does help the players to control when they level up.

DeletedUser

It appears, from a very small sample (4) that the XP and $$ earned now depend *only* on LP and motivation. The luck factor seems to have been removed. It would be nice if the devs would confirm this, since it is different from the published rules. It does help the players to control when they level up.
Luck factor has been removed, no need of confirmation.

DeletedUser

sooo what about the holiday set set that helps out luck will that still be usable?

DeletedUser21320

What, you don't do that anyway?

Well, if I have to. Changing clothes isn't a fun part of the game for me. As I said before, I *used* to be happy as long as I had 10+ LP to keep the danger level acceptable. Now I have to optimize clothing *every* time I change jobs. Boring...

I wish I could remember how to Build a Ranch House, as I've done for 100 hours, but I've taken off my top hat.

DeletedUser24032

good morning,

I search as noble and rare objects such as the key 3 ???

That's possible or not ???

Thanks

DeletedUser

Some items, mainly weapons, that were available only through secret quests and fort fights are now available as an item drop from jobs.
Noone reported anything about the key#3. Yet. The update is still fresh. ;)

DeletedUser24032

having grieved for my English but me am French. I have a screen a foreign player the key with 3 but I wondered if that's possible!

DeletedUser

Screen where he has it in item spot or a job report? If that would be job report then means key can be found while working. And that means in a low luck job...

DeletedUser22685

So if we get lucky we can find Hernando's Sword or Belle Starr's Deringer from a job now?

DeletedUser

i must admit my luck does seem to of changed for the better since the update, in the last couple of days iv found 2 drakes muzzle loaders, a bowies muzzle loader and a bowies knife, and the only named weapons i had found up to the were the slingshot and the razor, so i think it has certainly increased the chance to find better and bigger items :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So if we get lucky we can find Hernando's Sword or Belle Starr's Deringer from a job now?
For the sword I haven't seen the pic. Belle Star - yes it can be found on a job. Athos foil and some other named weapons too!

DeletedUser

Has anyone figured out how the holiday set luck bonus works with the new update? Does the Holiday set improve your chance of finding the product specific to the job (tomato, flag, tequila, etc), and/or does it improve you chance of finding items (woolly hat, specialty weapon, etc)?

DeletedUser

I am trying to figure that out as we speak. But it needs a lot of testing and I can only work with the set on when I am out of town waiting to join another (so not much time). If I do get an interesting result, then I will post it.

DeletedUser

Has anyone figured out how the holiday set luck bonus works with the new update? Does the Holiday set improve your chance of finding the product specific to the job (tomato, flag, tequila, etc), and/or does it improve you chance of finding items (woolly hat, specialty weapon, etc)?

I am trying to figure that out as we speak. But it needs a lot of testing and I can only work with the set on when I am out of town waiting to join another (so not much time). If I do get an interesting result, then I will post it.

It has been comfirmed that the holiday set influences the drop rate of items (not products, items). It used to be item value, but that changes, so now it is item drop rate. :)

DeletedUser

It has been comfirmed that the holiday set influences the drop rate of items (not products, items). It used to be item value, but that changes, so now it is item drop rate. :)
Who confirmed? Is the first time I hear about it... (my apologies if is in the Saloon, didn't have much time for it lately).