New luck system

DeletedUser

So what is this all about?

For example Grave robber has 971-2915

1) Does it mean I can't find piece of note in this job since notes value is $700?
2) If have only 1 labor point it means I can find items only worth $971? And to get something worth 2915 I have to "fill" up that luck-o-meter?

I'm lost a bit,
GodfatherLV

DeletedUser

1) I think the note is separated from that range. kinda.... solo!
2)no. That range of $ is correlated to your labor points. If you have less lp the $ will drop and vice-versa. If you have 1 lb it only means that the range will be small.

DeletedUser

Ok, I tested and if I change clothing (less LP) the VALUE decreases and danger increases. But it has no effect on the meter. How can I fill it to max?

DeletedUser

1) I think the note is separated from that range. kinda.... solo!
2)no. That range of $ is correlated to your labor points. If you have less lp the $ will drop and vice-versa. If you have 1 lb it only means that the range will be small.

But if it is separated then I can find it even picking tomatoes... :huh: It couldn't be right

DeletedUser

Yes the note and any item below 971$ is separated. It can be right. It seems that previous system is completely rewritten so a certain job doesn't have a few different items that can drop out, but in theory you can find any possible item on any job. Of course, you'll never have 87342562349856934 labor points in a job and get some super special item that costs a million. But by knowing a value of an item you'd like to find, you'll do a job that gives items of that value.
The value of possible loot depends on your LP (labor points) in a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But if it is separated then I can find it even picking tomatoes... :huh: It couldn't be right

yes but at grave robber is there as a product. And it can be found at other jobs too, but if they have enough luck. The lowest job is trading(which also has it as a product) the other are just high luck jobs.
edit:wait,scratch that, you are talking about the first part. The value of that note is 1400 not 700(that is the selling value).

DeletedUser

My max value on the scale for grave robbing is $5176

Treasure hunting is actually better as I have more labor points ( $1876 - $5629 )

DeletedUser

Goody, now jump there and find some nice item then post a screenshot here!

I must correct myself a bit.
1. If a note we're speaking about here has a buying value between 971-2915 (the thread starter picked values) you can get it from that job
2. If there is no item with buying value between 971-291, server will search for a first item close to the range. In that case if server finds an item that has the buying price 970$ or item that has the buying price 292$, you'll get one of those items. This is not a bug.

DeletedUser

Ok, so I'm confused. I'm sure they never said they were changing the luck values for jobs.

Which honestly still dont make sense to me. Are they saying that I used to max at $1100 on treasure hunter, and now I can possibly find something worth $5000? Thats such an extreme I'm going to have to call shenanigans. Thats just too much to be true.

Deleted User - 1278415

I talked to a guy the other day with the H.Sword and he said he found note 1 doing firefighting. And if the note is worth $1400 then that would put in the low zone for getting it with firefighter then, mine shows $1200-3600 luck range.

DeletedUser22685

Mine is $845-2562 :p

I think it would've been better to show the droppable value like it does now, but maybe not make labor points affect it so much... Or did they already, but now it is just showing us?

DeletedUser

The luck $ amount is how much it costs to buy the item. For example, the 845-2562$ range would indicate that any items that cost between 845 and 2562 to buy could be found.

Additionally, the longer you do a job, the more the luck bar fills. However, as you can only do a job for one hour, your luck bar will never be completely filled and you will never be guaranteed an item. However, doing a job for longer does give better chances of finding an item in the luck $ range.

DeletedUser

Wha? But your motivation decreases that way :blink:

I have lower chances to find an item but greater chances to find valuable one?!

At least thanks for sharing how to fill that luck-o-meter.

DeletedUser

i did 8 hours straight in a row ambush stagecoach and i didn't even manage to find a product (tumble)

DeletedUser

Holiday set doesn't change estimated value. It means it is more likely now to increase a chance to find item.

DeletedUser

Wow, it has actually changed heaps now. My treasure hunt use to be a redundant job, now it is better than all my high difficulty jobs. Also the money you get from it has increased so makes it a more respectable job to do with high LP.

Before updateTreasure hunt

motivation.png
94%

clock.png
2 hours
dollar.png
$ 32
experience.png
38 experience points

First time after update
Treasure hunt

motivation.png
94%

clock.png
2 hours
dollar.png
$ 140
experience.png
38 experience points
luck.png
muzzleloader_drake.png

danger.png
The sun is burning. You lose 1 health point.

DeletedUser

This makes LP more important, which is great. I'll be doing transport ammunition again and trading with indians and so on. Until now I used to concentrate on ambush stagecoach for items, now my options are diversified.

DeletedUser

The update does change the game planning I had quite a bit. Normally once I could do a job I would forget about it and put my SP into areas to open the next job. I would normally go find the next important job and try to earn enough LP to do that. (For example I just unlocked grave robber with 1 LP, I was now going to focus on Ambush Stagecoach) I realize it is now much more important to get the LP on grave robber well above 1 first.

Before the update I never did transport ammo unless it was for a quest. The only upside was a little luck, but the danger, money, and EX wasn't worth it. Now the luck is so much higher this job is now worth doing.