New Jobs / Items / Level Cap

DeletedUser

we are starting to get bogged down over minor details here....:huh:

Personally the most important part of this proposal is the removal of the cap at 99.

While on the subject of the cap can anyone tell me why there is a cap on levels in the first place?:blink:

Diggo11

Personally the most important part of this proposal is the removal of the cap at 99.

While on the subject of the cap can anyone tell me why there is a cap on levels in the first place?:blink:
There kind of has to be a level cap, we just want it to be increased. (Imagine how hard going from Level 998 to 999 would be!)

DeletedUser

Kind of has to be?

Nah I dont accept that , I would still rather see experience gained no matter how long it takes to level up than 0xp for jobs etc.

Lets face it the majority of the players who are dealing with the cap at the moment are likely to have paid for premium, and are as such the players who innogames should be trying to retain for their own financial future.

All the cap is , is forced stagnation, which cannot be good for customer retention.

The game needs expansion at higher levels , not a false ceiling.

It gives the impression that they dont care about their customers, time effort and real money commitment to the game and after they have reached 99 they can either start again or stagnate.

What indeed is the point if you cannot improve or progress?

DeletedUser

Limitations are inevitable and many could be reduced to desinterest in players using that line of thinking.

My last post (before this one) was not intended as a collection of details, but as a possible coherent framework of jobs, their names, their order of appearance and their related names. I made it, because I enjoy solving such puzzles and because I had the strong impression that Evil Monkey would have use for such a structure after having read his first post.

Some will argue that certain skills should not be used. I disagree, but that is not an issue, because in a framework, structural elements tend to be replaceble.

Regarding the more mythical jobs...
Spotting UFO's, Trading with Bigfoots, Mapping El Dorado's, etcetera, might be fun, but I prefer having them on one or two servers in that case. Not everyone would appreciate them.

Shifting or removing the cap is fine with me, even though I'm far from reaching it despite using a premium. Whatever comes above the current cap should be coherent, sound, sencible and to some extend ballanced. For that reason, digging into details will be inevitable, be it with my framework or any other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I always hated level caps on any game. I'd rather have no cap and when I hit level 120 it takes me a month to get to level 121. When a game has a cap like this one, I don't play for strict XP because I feel as though my gaming experience is cut short. So I like to mix it up with quests and money and other aspects of the game so I can delay the inevitable.

Anyway, love the proposal, I'm hoping that the developers already had something like this in mind and were just waiting for players to get close to lvl 99.

Diggo11

Kind of has to be?

Nah I dont accept that , I would still rather see experience gained no matter how long it takes to level up than 0xp for jobs etc.

Lets face it the majority of the players who are dealing with the cap at the moment are likely to have paid for premium, and are as such the players who innogames should be trying to retain for their own financial future.

All the cap is , is forced stagnation, which cannot be good for customer retention.

The game needs expansion at higher levels , not a false ceiling.

It gives the impression that they dont care about their customers, time effort and real money commitment to the game and after they have reached 99 they can either start again or stagnate.

What indeed is the point if you cannot improve or progress?
Players either get driven away by a level cap or they get driven away because they have nothing to aim for + the huge efforts it would take to advance a single level past level 100, make your choice.

And in theory there has to be a level cap, even if it is so high no-one would ever reach it. Otherwise the devs would have to be constantly making new things for high level players, as well as repetitively using current formulas to figure out stats (such as how much xp it takes to advance the next level)

DeletedUser

It must be quite well possible to make up another 100 jobs with corresponding required skills. Ignore the fact that 1500 difficulty is nonsence for milking cows when compared to 200 to 300 for stealing a painting and that the wages don't make sence and you'd have workable jobs.

Once you have them, put them in the right order, assign income, difficulty, risks, luck, items and XP and you'll have designed a nice extention framework within a a few hours. Change a few skills last minute to give a finishing touch for game balance and it's finished.

Is there a need for this, or is "We want more jobs and the cap moved to level 200" all that this thread wants to bring up?

Lets face it; noone would break a level 5000 cap and there are just so many jobs that exist in any place (even when "Chasing Goblins", "Participating in a Freak Show" and "Harvesting the End of the Rainbow" are turned into jobs).

DeletedUser

you never know there are hard core players out there that might hit it on there death bed

DeletedUser

It is long work, but you need determination and mental strength, not stamina.

I don't think "determination and mental strength" HAS a stat in this game. Given that Construction and Repairing are both involved, Stamina seems reasonable.

DeletedUser

When you reach a certain level a portal should open up and you should travel to medievil days.

DeletedUser

Ehmmm...

What were you responding to Diggo?

Sadly the thread will die without feedback from the original poster too. It's his ball so he should have the first dance, but it appears that he has already left.:sad:

DeletedUser1105

I have not left.

I just didnt want to get involved in a conversation that was not relevant to the idea.

I think it may be best if I rename all of the jobs - Job 1, Job 2 etc, to stop people having these arguments. Once the jobs are fair, then we can look at them and come up with names.

Does that sound like a good way forward?

DeletedUser

definately, everyone is just discusing what you specificly said not to, i guess they cant help it

DeletedUser

Evil Monkey,

Assuming health, dodging & aim won't be used in the jobs, 17!/5! five-skill combo's without a double skill are possible. That is somewhere between and (10x 11)^6 and (6x 17)^6 combinations, meaning well over 1000.000.000.000 combinations of five different skills. It is highly unlikely that for the majority of those combinations a job can be thought up. Note that the combinations with re-occurring skill (Hide, hide, traps, traps, traps for example) are even omitted from this calculation.

For that reason I recommend working the other direction: Think up several tens of jobs, make the skills make sense and use those things as the building blocks of your story.

For explaining what bounderies you want to stay in, you shouldn't be needing the 12 job scheme with 3 times 4 jobs which you put up earlier. It will only confuse people and keep them from seeing the key ideas. I recommend to just start discussing how many times each of the skills should be present in a set of N jobs that you want to use and why and I'll get you a group of sensible jobs in a week that can be put in any order you like and given all difficulties, luck, money, risks & XP you like (if not someone else does). If you want more flexibility, you can get a lot more jobs then you'll need and discard what doesn't fit you scheme.

Don't get me wrong Evil Monkey, the following paragraph is not intended to offend you, but to show the problem I have/see with the approach you suggest:

Right now, I'm either stupid or you've given vague discriptions of what you want and you suggest discussing abstractions of these vagueness. :blink:However well the concepts behind your ideas might be, if the latter is the case, then I doubt discussing it will work. This firstly because you will waste a lot of effort on communicating what are the ideas behind the vagueness. On top of that, vagueness leaves to much room for people fitting vagueness in their own schemes, while the realistic counterparts might not fit everyone's mental concept in the end.

PS.
I trust you can add a sensible set of difficulties, luck, XP, wage & risk to any set of jobs that people might give to you. Really! Just give it a shot ;)