New guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

i dont know if this has been sed allready but couldnt we have a sniper rifle n its bonus is especialy for aiming like

sniper rifle- dam 200/400

+30 aim

-10 appearance

the decrease in the appearance is because of the time it takes to reload

it is betetr for fighting in fort battles thats why the damage is so high

tell me wat ya think

DeletedUser20647

Reason: +30 aim, and you lose nothing, and sniper rifle seems lame, as in really really lame

DeletedUser

u do loose 10 appearance ^^ i know it aint much but we can allways chang it to reflex

Appearance has nothing to do in fort battles, so you loose nothing but get 30 aim.

I don't like the whole idea of having a sniper rifle in the west :huh:

DeletedUser

Sniper rifles were used in the Civil War but the Whitworth is the only dedicated sniper rifle I know of, and there's no way you'd be able to go 55 rounds for one (see the link). Mostly sniper rifles were standard issue rifles with scopes used by the best marksmen.

As far as the bonuses go, no, neither appearance nor reflex are used in fort battles, just stamina/hiding, leadership, dodging, and aim, but giving an appearance penalty would just mean it was much less useful for the aim bonus outside a fort battle.

DeletedUser

soz thats wat i ment dodge anyway we can allways have a normal rifle with scope that would make ur aiming a lil beter

DeletedUser

The bonus is too high...

And when you say 'sniper rifle' the first things that come to your mind are SAMR M82's and M24's , that to me, doesnt fit in the old west, you know

DeletedUser

Sharps 45/70 with a creedmore sight may be more authentic.

I always say this game takes place after the Civil War, but fort battles always make me think Civil War. You're right, that does fit the era more. I never understood why we have a shotgun and a shot gun and no Sharps rifle or carbine.

DeletedUser

First of all, fort weapons don't give any skill bonuses so it shouldn't have any aim bonuses anyway. The +30 aim is way too high anyway. If it was that high people would just get it to fight duels just for the bonus.

Second of all, like previous posters said, appearance has no effect in fort battles so why would it have it as a negative bonus if guns even had bonuses? Having it a -10 appearance is nowhere near enough to cancel out the huge +30 aim anyhow.

Lastly, try to be more specific on the type of sniper rifle you're talking about. I think that other posters thought that you were talking about a modern day sniper rifle like a Barret 50 cal or a Intervention Sniper Rifle. Elmyr listed a great suggestion for a sniper rifle of the appropriate game era, if you would of put that as the sniper rifle of your example I wouldn't have a problem with the type of gun.

So I'm in for new guns as long as they are appropriate to the time era and don't give any bonuses. But I don't like the fact that you suggested a gun that give a huge bonus, a negative bonus that makes no sense for a gun, any sort of bonus, and a description of a gun that doesn't seem to fit in with the time era for some people since you weren't specific with the type of gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

alright, here's a solution for all of you.

Call this gun a "Scoped Lever-Action"

let it do 300-500 damage

Gives you 10+ Aim

And costs $25000 (since the presice winchester costs $15000 i figured since it benefits and does way mre damage, the price should be substantial)

DeletedUser

okay 13k 15k would be too much since that would double the precise winchester and yet the sniper rifle doesn't completely double the winchester.

DeletedUser

More powerful weAPONS FOR HIGHER LEVELS COULD BE NICE. But a bonus on 30 aim is to much. Would prefer to keep the main bonus of better weapons on the damage. At least any aim bonuses should not be higher than 5.

Alternatively you could move the penalty bonus towards a fort battle skill. If we use your numbers lets say +30 aim and - 10 hiding. Personally i would like to change the numbers to + 6 aim and - 2 hiding though.

DeletedUser

i still think just giving 10+ aim is reasonable with a logical deduction, like -4 dodging so that this would make it too much of a dueling weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.