New fancy item proposal

DeletedUser

Ohoho... wait.............. your position is based on... realism?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhahahhahahaaaaaa

{wiping away tears}

Heh.

Alright.

DeletedUser8950

Totally agree Elmyr

Would it be too much to ask for the dev's to do a little research and realize derringers were not an A+ (Belle Star's for one) dueling weapon and too call one precise is an oxymoron! Put the derringers at the beginning with muzzle loaders and the blunderbuss they pass off as a shotgun. Game could be great if the dev's would just respect the history of the west enough to try and get it somewhat correct. I don't have a problem with a low level guy fighting with a knife and against poorer quality firearms might actually stand a chance but say above level 20 when better and more precise guns come into play a knife is not a realistic (or unrealistic-it's just laughable) threat in a gunfight. So many more really cool guns that could be implemented into the game, LeMat, Navy Colt, Walker Colt, why not throw in John Wayne's Peacemaker? Just a thought............

Always use the 7 P's.........Plenty Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
I like the idea. More guns are needed/
Angel eyes navy colt maybe?:p
Maybe too balance it, guns give higher damage and max +7 fighting bonuses, melee do quite a bit less damage but have more work-orientated bonuses?
Edit: How would they edit this though? Like someone with a muzzle loader goes from 15-31 to 1-15 or whatever. Maybe they should get the money back and dun degraded so they can buy a better gun or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It shouldn't. The two modes should be balanced. That means we should have:

Thats my point, the guy was moaning that having a gun as powerful as the sword would make it unbalanced

OK, A Duel as in what was carried out in Europe and Colonial America and then the West. In Europe and Colonial America they were at a set distance (can't remember I think @ 25 feet) In the West which this game is supposedly based gunfights (hey they show guys with guns in the screen don't they?) were typically at more than arms length.

Pistol duels were carried out at 20 paces and typically took 1 shot to sort.

However the person being challanged had the choice of weapons - swords or pistols.

Red Falcon

Okay, so getting back on topic, I think that for each gun and each sword, there should be a fancy version of that gun or sword. And I mean each and every weapon there is!

DeletedUser8950

Okay, so getting back on topic, I think that for each gun and each sword, there should be a fancy version of that gun or sword. And I mean each and every weapon there is!
Yeah, like Tuco's pebble...Darknoon's broken clay jug :laugh:
Maybe be a bit more reasonable when you say every weapon:p

DeletedUser

OK, A Duel as in what was carried out in Europe and Colonial America and then the West. In Europe and Colonial America they were at a set distance (can't remember I think @ 25 feet) In the West which this game is supposedly based gunfights (hey they show guys with guns in the screen don't they?) were typically at more than arms length.

duels are fought however you want, yes, during these days pistol duels were more common but you can't say there were none using swords.

Now to the comment about shooting, you haven't ever shot a gun have you? I have shot many guns for many years and yes shooting is a skill set and the better you are at it the better results (damage) you can expect.

tell me more about how shooting is a skill and it increases how hard you can hit with a firearm. I always thought it was aim aswell as the weapon/ammo with defined how hard someone hits.

As far as walking up and "tomahawking" someone (while I find the visual hilarious-see Family Guy) I think a person seeing an adversary approach with tomahawk in hand, would be ready to use an offensive attack as a deterrent and not let their attacker in close. I know if I saw someone walking towards me with a tomahawk I would definitely not let them get within 20 feet of me! If tomahawks and other melee-type items are such great fighting weapons against guns why didn't the Indians defeat the Army and drive the settlers out? Why? Firearms are superior! Plain and simple fact!

so you would kill a man in the street because he's walking toward you with a weapon?

If they can't see you coming and you hit them with your tomahawk, then it is murder not a duel

duels in the west are murders, I don't see any "accept/decline" button when getting dueled, and from what I've seen in movies (not like I'd do a research on that), people normally got the choice to save their honor and fight or not.

One last thing, Mekolp can you or anyone else for that matter name a classic western movie (besides Zorro) where a sword was used as a dueling weapon? I can name one movie where a knife did beat a gun- Magnificent Seven and he was not dueling Yul Brynner or Steve McQueen! Now admittedly Western movies are not the most accurate portrayal of life in the "old west" but they are way way way more accurate than this game!
I'm not a big fan of westerns, but maybe they just don't show any because swords plainly rape firearm.
There are also a few whips in some movies

One Armed Ninja

Just beacause you manage to hit someone with your gun doesn't stop them coming up and hacking your head off.

Firearms are superior! Plain and simple fact!
Well firearms also have to reload, so if you don't kill someone quick enough, or just miss you're sure to die. And when you face to face with someone charging/right up against it isn't anywhere as easy to bring your gun to bear and shoot them accurately - yet they've got it just as easy to have at you wherever they want to

DeletedUser

I'm not a big fan of westerns, but maybe they just don't show any because swords plainly rape firearm.
There are also a few whips in some movies

Aim is using the sights- shooting is the skill of squeezing the trigger. I will just now let this go and ya'll will never see the point, maybe you should try shooting a gun sometime and see for yourself. If swords were/are such great weapons why aren't they in use today? Oh but guns are, superior range, more lethality, etc, etc.........If someone is running at you they are not that difficult of a target- get real. Speaking of aiming, where does vigor come into play with swordfighting? Why doesn't reflex aid in defense for swordfighting?

Although the statement of not being a fan of Westerns makes perfect sense to me and explains why you don't understand my point- why are you playing this game then anyway? Wouldn't tribal wars fit the genre you are a fan of better?

DeletedUser

Just beacause you manage to hit someone with your gun doesn't stop them coming up and hacking your head off.

Firearms are superior! Plain and simple fact!
Well firearms also have to reload, so if you don't kill someone quick enough, or just miss you're sure to die. And when you face to face with someone charging/right up against it isn't anywhere as easy to bring your gun to bear and shoot them accurately - yet they've got it just as easy to have at you wherever they want to

You need room to swing a sword and bring a knife to bear just as with a gun and long before you run out of bullets the threat has been eliminated. I've been stabbed and it didn't keep me from beating the living hell out of the person....now if I had been shot I think it would have been a different story as I witnessed a friend get shot in the shoulder with a .22 and it flat put his 220lb 6'2" body on the ground instantly.

DeletedUser

so you're telling me depending on how you squeeze the trigger it changes how hard you hit? I might not be some american red neck who got a gun collection and goes to a shooting range every days/weeks but I sure do know that it doesn't change a thing.
and I'm playing this game instead of tribalwars (wich I quitted) because I can rape firearm users with a sword.

about reflex/melee, for the same reason thoughness doesn't defend against guns, they need to make this game fair/entertaining before real.

DeletedUser

so you're telling me depending on how you squeeze the trigger it changes how hard you hit? I might not be some american red neck who got a gun collection and goes to a shooting range every days/weeks but I sure do know that it doesn't change a thing.
and I'm playing this game instead of tribalwars (wich I quitted) because I can rape firearm users with a sword.

about reflex/melee, for the same reason thoughness doesn't defend against guns, they need to make this game fair/entertaining before real.

The aiming and squeezing is part of the shooting.
If you're a good shot, you're good at aiming. THe weapon of choice does not suddenly start flying larger calibre bullets just becuase you are good at shooting. Game isn't realistic, and noone ever accused it of that.

The whole reflex/toughness complaint is reasonable though. Reflexes should be the whole dodging thing, and toughness the taking of the hit. Seperating dodge and aim from skills like shooting and reflexes is just a way to penalize those whom want to duel, as they will be forced to spread their points around into skills that do not help them do jobs.

Call it a balancing measure if you will.

DeletedUser

I've been stabbed and it didn't keep me from beating the living hell out of the person

Bet if would if it was a bloody great big 2 handed sword. More than likely take your arm off.

Or are you like the black knight from Monty Python? Its only a flesh wound.

As I have said before a duel involves a challange from one person to another, you either take the honourable route and accept, or you decline and look like a coward. However the person being challanged has the option to use swords or pistols. That would be more realistic.
And yes this swords were still being used in the 19th century duels. Just because films don't show them doesn't mean they weren't so don't expect an answer to your stupid question about a film other then zorro, films aren't anymore real then games. Theres plenty of "historical" films that are completely inaccurate.

DeletedUser

Tequila is the best
Tequila squad =Darknoon5 and bk200 looking for new members

DeletedUser8950

Work oh poor quality image of Darknoon's pebble (fireworks and gimp are broken so I'm being forced to use paint)...who needs Huckleberry's slingshot when ya got a nice little pebble like that :laugh:
I think I'm funny :eek:hmy:

Attachments

• pebble.jpg
    pebble.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 10

DeletedUser

I can't help but recall Diablo II's item personalization quest. "Luap Nor's cracked sash" anyone? :D

Luap...for someone who likes to point out that this isn't RunEscape or Tribal Wars so often, you sure do mention Diablo II a lot.