New fancy item proposal

DeletedUser

We all know about the Hernando's sword right? And that some had already taken possession of them. But its a melee and for a guy who uses firearms like me, its unfair. We should have our own firearm counterpart of the Hernando's sword. Maybe a gun called Custer's revolver. There is also an option of other fancy weapons like Sitting Bull's tomahawk or Boone's rifle. And also maybe fancy dueling hats with +1 Dexterity, +1 Charisma, +18 shooting, +18 aim, +17 dodging, +16 reflex. All of them should come from special quests as well like that of the Hernando's sword.

DeletedUser

Custer's revolver?
Sounds like a sure way to get killed! :p

I do agree on us needing more fancy stuff though ^^

DeletedUser8950

It sounds good. But I'm not near high enough to use them even if they are implemented :mad:

DeletedUser8950

Yeah there should be quests for ultra rare items.
I was gonna say that, but they'd probarbly be pretty hard quests and you wouldn't get amazing ones, just like huckleberry's slingshot and stuff, which you could just get doing other high luck jobs.
Maybe if they put the quests in beetween level 25-35 but *shrug*

DeletedUser

The Hernando's sword needed all 3 pieces of note but there are other mysterious items in the game like the talisman and the stone chain.

DeletedUser

The Kid's .45? Yes, please.

APPROVED (by me, I mean). :laugh:

I suspect that Hernando's Sword is a way to reward those who take the path less traveled. MOST people go with guns in The West (because they're 1337 or whatever). In any case, I love the idea of shooting someone with "Billy the Kid's .45."

I am 100% certain that The West developers will release more unique equipment over time, so don't give up hope!

DeletedUser

Yeah but most of us will be very happy if that will be on the very next update since this one is taking a bit long to release.

DeletedUser

How do you know there is not already a fancy gun in the game already? maybe no one has found it as of yet?

Also I have a problem with them being quest based, as not everyone has the stats to do all the jobs that some of the quests require. Like on the soldiers quest I am stuck on selling guns to the Indians step and will be there for a while. I will be level 55+ or so before I will be able to do that job based on how I set up my character so far and assuming I only pick stats that go to that quest. So by the time I actually finish the quest the items I get really won't be all that useful to me.

DeletedUser

Not unreasonable. You have to assume they planned on implementing a gun version for people who chose the Sheriff's way in the decisions at some point, and Custer is a great choice for it, although he's more similar to Cortez than opposite.

DeletedUser

Not unreasonable. You have to assume they planned on implementing a gun version for people who chose the Sheriff's way in the decisions at some point, and Custer is a great choice for it, although he's more similar to Cortez than opposite.
and for those who choosed maya in 2 of the decision quests (transport prisonners and three rivers) will get a pink tutu ;)

Red Falcon

This idea would be perfect, seeing as how the strongest weapon in this game is a SWORD rather than a GUN. And I like the other named items as well...Especially Sitting Bull's Tomahawk!

Diggo11

Why not just edit the Notes quest so you choose between Hernando's Sword and Custer's Revolver? After all there is no similar items to use for such a quest of comparible difficulty - that we know of.

DeletedUser

Why not just edit the Notes quest so you choose between Hernando's Sword and Custer's Revolver? After all there is no similar items to use for such a quest of comparible difficulty - that we know of.
Actually besides the pieces of note, we got stone chains and talismans, imagine collecting 3 of those and you get Sitting Bull's Tomahawk for melee or Bow, if you use firearm and we also got mysterious quests that appear on certain times only.

DeletedUser8950

This idea would be perfect, seeing as how the strongest weapon in this game is a SWORD rather than a GUN. And I like the other named items as well...Especially Sitting Bull's Tomahawk!

Yep, piss boy. The saying is "never bring a knife to a gunfight" so I agree a gun should be the strongest weapon.

DeletedUser

And also maybe fancy dueling hats with +1 Dexterity, +1 Charisma, +18 shooting, +18 aim, +17 dodging, +16 reflex. All of them should come from special quests as well like that of the Hernando's sword.

why not special dueling hat for melee ? else its UNFAIR

i DEMAND +18 vigour +18 aim +19 reflex and +10-15 appearande/tactics
and PLEASE no crappy skills that add something to doing jobs. i NEED only dueling hat...
Rubbish.

read what you wrote once again

Last edited by a moderator: