my school is sexist!

DeletedUser

That's not sexist at all. If the girls just have different punishments for breaking the rules, then that's just life.

Girls might be really affected by being called out and yelled at in front of the school (I'm not saying boys wouldn't, but girls are probably more likely to take it badly).

We just stood on the corner outside school and smoked cigarettes. Lol. Quit being a pansy.
You were a smoker? I was a revolutionary! ;)

Well, maybe not a revolutionary, but I normally had a punch-up with some of my less-enlightened colleagues (by which I mean the Conservatives) before school started. I've been political my whole life!

Fortunately for certain people, I'm not so short-fused nowadays.

DeletedUser

Girls might be really affected by being called out and yelled at in front of the school (I'm not saying boys wouldn't, but girls are probably more likely to take it badly).

Wait, is saying that not sexist?

DeletedUser

I'm not saying that just girls would be badly affected, or that no boys would.

I'm just saying that girls might be more likely to take it badly. And the coach presumably knew those 2 girls, so his judgment might have been based on his knowledge of them, and how he thought they would take being called out and yelled at in front of their whole school.

DeletedUser

Fair enough.
Its not just sexism either. One of my friends is in a wheelchair and he can get away with pretty much anything.

DeletedUser

Fair enough.
Its not just sexism either. One of my friends is in a wheelchair and he can get away with pretty much anything.

Not if he's being chased and stairs are involved!

I'm a really bad person but I couldn't resist.:unsure:

I feel terrible for that. Now I will have to find a God to ask for forgiveness from. Would the Onion accept me?

DeletedUser

2nd it.

Don't worry guys (and gals) just deal with it. There is discrimination in the world. Also, about paddling, that is something I am glad was taken out of schools.

No. We still have it in the schools, and I see the logic. Many kids don't care about detentions, but if you paddle them they remember it.

DeletedUser

@Bendos: yes. Onion accepts all those seeking wisdom, logic, and a happy life.

@Thomas: Are you suggesting we resume paddling the kids?

DeletedUser

Actually at my school if the parent allows it the student can get paddled

DeletedUser

If the parents sign a contract (not forced on them) that the school can paddle their children, they can be paddled. I've never been paddled, but its probably actually better than the corporal punishment my father uses with me: he has a belt that he whips me with across the butt. It isn't like your torturing the child, but it makes them think twice before committing the offense again.

But this is another discussion, so let's get back on topic.

DeletedUser

No. We still have it in the schools, and I see the logic. Many kids don't care about detentions, but if you paddle them they remember it.

All kids don't care about detention, but when you have after school things to do; like commitments such as sports, activities, etc. you'll care about it. Especially when some parents get mad when their kids get detention, who discipline the kids themselves.

As for being sexist. Teachers, certain ones anyways will treat the genders very differently. Female teachers joke and even the gym teacher will push around the female students and athletes especially. Male teachers joke around with the male students. It's only natural. Now, I can't picture a male teacher especially yelling or disciplining a female. Usually when the female students do something bad, my teachers will pull them aside; tell them not to do it. But when male students do the same thing, they'll get detention or yelled at.

It's only natural, you get used to it eventually. It's a matter of teachers, and their morals I guess. They feel they can't yell at certain students, and can joke/yell at others. Not a matter of the school itself.

DeletedUser

All kids don't care about detention, but when you have after school things to do; like commitments such as sports, activities, etc. you'll care about it. Especially when some parents get mad when their kids get detention, who discipline the kids themselves.

As for being sexist. Teachers, certain ones anyways will treat the genders very differently. Female teachers joke and even the gym teacher will push around the female students and athletes especially. Male teachers joke around with the male students. It's only natural. Now, I can't picture a male teacher especially yelling or disciplining a female. Usually when the female students do something bad, my teachers will pull them aside; tell them not to do it. But when male students do the same thing, they'll get detention or yelled at.

It's only natural, you get used to it eventually. It's a matter of teachers, and their morals I guess. They feel they can't yell at certain students, and can joke/yell at others. Not a matter of the school itself.

I can see what you mean. I got away with stuff (mostly forgetting to do my homework) in Science last year because my teacher liked me.

DeletedUser

Okay, somebody neg reppped me for that post, saying "F", so here's my defense. My science teacher liked me because I am a science nerd. I had the highest average (99.2) out of my class in science.

DeletedUser

Okay, somebody neg reppped me for that post, saying "F", so here's my defense. My science teacher liked me because I am a science nerd. I had the highest average (99.2) out of my class in science.

Oh wow haha I was thinking it was a cougar ... hehe you should be careful how you throw the word 'like' around. Liked in as good student not as a partner of some sorts. But alas I didn't neg rep you. Don't worry about how other people rep you, refer to the keyboard warrior post in Debate and Discussion.

In your case it wouldn't be sexist because you were liked for intellgience, not being a boy. I had an English teacher that gave the boys in the class back rubs ... like when they would be writing in class she'd be behind them and massage thier necks of sorts ... under the guise of seeing what they wrote. So boys can get away with stuff to

DeletedUser

Okay, that's a bit weird....

My science teacher this year has an assistant who may be a sexual pervert. Also, I know that wouldn't be sexism, I used that as an example of favoritism.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had a science teacher that could be considered sexist.

Guys ended up getting C's at most, even the smart ones. The girls aced it or got B's, even those who did nothing all year. More proof. Someone stole a couple things from the store in their class, she called all the boys and searched their stuff and lockers etc. It was a girl who did it and got away with it...

I dont know, your call there.

DeletedUser

Insufficient information. Just because someone looks like they aren't doing anything does not mean they are not. They may very well have been doing their assignments at home, and/or obtaining better grades in their tests. You cannot know this information without being a staff member, therefore you are allowing your jaded view to make assumptions.

As to the guys being searched, as opposed to the girls, it may very well have been that they were tipped off it was a guy. I don't know, you don't know, and again you are assuming sexism without having all the information to make a firm determination. Add to that, how did you know it was a girl who stole it and if you (or others) knew, how come they did not turn her in?