my school is sexist!

DeletedUser3717

Or maybe thats just what some parents want for their child...
Not sexist, your parents just suck if they send you to a boy or girl only school. :p

Parent's don't "suck" if they send there Child(ren) to an All Boys or Girls school. They are doing what they think is best for the Child(ren) So excuse the parent for looking for the best intrest in their Child(ren) if it means that they suck that their kids come out with better grades and live a better lifestyle after going to a certain school then so be it.

Parents do it for the best of the Child(ren) So your saying that if my parents were to send me to an all boys school it would be Sexist? If you think it's sexist then I think you don't know the meaning lets look in our good old friend the dictionary for the meaning of Sexist and Sexism

Sexist:

adjective 1.pertaining to, involving, or fostering sexism: a sexist remark; sexist advertising.
–noun 2.a person with sexist attitudes or behavior.
Origin:
1965–70; sex + -ist, on the model of racist
thinsp.png

Seixism:
  1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
  2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

DeletedUser

So what Jordon said tells us that our school isnt sexist until it starts to put big posters saying "Boys rule and girls suck" or "Girls rule and boys suck"

DeletedUser

I went to an all-girls school (by choice) and it was extremely beneficial.

The girls that had the confidence (we're talking 12 years old here!) to talk to boys did so, but personally I wanted to stay out of all that. I was usually made fun of by the opposite gender and I know it would have caused more of a distraction to my school life had there been boys at the school.

At that age, a lot of people make friends with the same gender so going to a single gender school it doubles the chances to make friends, which for some shy people is an amazing thing.

When I hit 15 or so, after getting to know myself without distraction or putdowns, I was brimming with confidence and ready to talk to boys as if they were humans. Love life and school life was separate, which helped me concentrate a lot more (not that I concentrated much anyway!)

DeletedUser3717

So what Jordon said tells us that our school isnt sexist until it starts to put big posters saying "Boys rule and girls suck" or "Girls rule and boys suck"

Exactly it's only sexist once they start stating that one sex is better than another.

DeletedUser

Not sexist, your parents just suck if they send you to a boy or girl only school. :p

So your saying that if my parents were to send me to an all boys school it would be Sexist? If you think it's sexist then I think you don't know the meaning lets look in our good old friend the dictionary for the meaning of Sexist and Sexism

Sexist:

adjective 1.pertaining to, involving, or fostering sexism: a sexist remark; sexist advertising.
–noun 2.a person with sexist attitudes or behavior.
Origin:
1965–70; sex + -ist, on the model of racist
thinsp.png

Seixism:
  1. Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
  2. Attitudes, conditions, or behaviors that promote stereotyping of social roles based on gender.

Note how I said NOT sexist. And yeah they do suck. I would rather go to good mixed school than go to an amazing boy only school and so would any other normal teenage kid.. AND probably 90% of kids get to choose their high school.

DeletedUser11019

all of the above is correct and incorrect,,nobody can actually say that a "school" is the source of the problem,,,
i went to an experimental international school from mr Phillips(light bulb?)

worked fine,,we knew the best racist jokes,,the best sexist jokes and from wide and far from all around the globe,,,yet we never really ment harm with the jokes,,,coz we understood that they are pretty laim and stupid,,,(small minded)

its only when we hit the ouside world did we realize that not all the world actually thinks the same,
they are racist ,,sexist,,and yes,,sometimes having a laugh feels better than actually doing the right thing

admit it,,you all heard a sexist joke and laughed in some way or another,,,but actually believing in that is another matter all together.

and then again,,some people cant take a joke,,yet others take it way to far.

DeletedUser3717

all of the above is correct and incorrect,,nobody can actually say that a "school" is the source of the problem,,,
i went to an experimental international school from mr Phillips(light bulb?)

worked fine,,we knew the best racist jokes,,the best sexist jokes and from wide and far from all around the globe,,,yet we never really ment harm with the jokes,,,coz we understood that they are pretty laim and stupid,,,(small minded)

its only when we hit the ouside world did we realize that not all the world actually thinks the same,
they are racist ,,sexist,,and yes,,sometimes having a laugh feels better than actually doing the right thing

admit it,,you all heard a sexist joke and laughed in some way or another,,,but actually believing in that is another matter all together.

and then again,,some people cant take a joke,,yet others take it way to far.

I don't agree with you, Yes we have all heard at one point a sexist joke or a racist joke, But it doesnt mean we laughed. I strongly disagree with Racist & Sexist jokes I think they are immature and stupid.

It's not called not 'taking a joke' We can take a joke it's just we have respect for diffrent people no matter what race and sex they are.

DeletedUser

Racist/sexist jokes are funny if they are made in a joking spirit and actually have some logic behind them. You can respect another person and still make a joke like that, as long as you aren't insulting them.

And as for that matter, usually a stereotype arises for a reason. It is because most (not all, but most, or at the least, many) people in that group/race/sex follow along with the stereotype.

DeletedUser

No, I don't "undertsand". I'm sorry to snap at you, but could you please try to clear up that post?

Anyways, I think what your saying is that people go to far.
Yes, there are limits. I'm just saying that they are only harmful when you take them literally, and when you say them to somebody who takes offense, such as making a joke about Italians to an Italian person.

DeletedUser11019

all in all,,being sexist is rude small minded and generally wrong,the people who normally throw insults have some thing wrong with them in one way or another or are jealous

some people can handle it,,others cant,,
best not to,,coz that way you stear clear of trouble,and have a happier life ..without the so called hick up and derogatory speach around you,,,i dont spit or swear ,,,i actually type it more than i say it,,
but the point is,,,i dont like being around obnoxious rude people
do you?

they say birds of a feather stick together,,,you find one foul mouther dork,,you will find another,

why i say ,,best to stay clear,,and enjoy your own life,,,
or you could be rude and crude to everything,,and see how far that gets you .

DeletedUser

So how did you go from "sexist schools" to insulting staff as a poor example of a joke?

As to thinking racist/sexist jokes are funny, yes they can be, but that does not dismiss the inherent seed of hate/ignorance associated. In many respects, such sorts of jokes serve as a devious means to foster stereotypes and encourage racism/sexism.

DeletedUser

Yes. The humour is in the stereotype, but usually it is made with malicious intent, or the person actually believes it. I have a brother who is racist and he is one of the least knowledgeable persons I know.

DeletedUser10480

:ph34r:I volunteer to make comments that offend everybody in equal measure. Thread closed!-------thread bandit