Music

• Thread starter James the Hunter
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Ok I have looked at the arguement on music and tv and ect. I want to continue a discussion on heavy metal and how people get so stereotypical over it and other assorted music genres. Go!!!

DeletedUser

Uh... this is the exact same thing as the other thread, you just are a bit more specific. There's no reason at all for this thread to exist. Alex said something stupid (as usual) and you got pissed. There's no reason to create a topic over it.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Well I normal looking person listening to Lordi wouldn't usually be stereotyped, however if you look the part (emo for example) the stereotype of the music will affect you whether you listen to it or not.

It's associated with depression and people who don't understand themselves.

DeletedUser

Ok I have looked at the arguement on music and tv and ect. I want to continue a discussion on heavy metal and how people get so stereotypical over it and other assorted music genres. Go!!!

James, will you not understand, i used examples, my own music has un positive actions done , and i listen to country. their is nothing wrong

DeletedUser

Alex said something stupid (as usual) and you got pissed. There's no reason to create a topic over it.
Something stupid? could you re read the post? would you like to say that you're post are not stupid? and no this isn't argueing or insulting, just like i know you're going to state.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Something stupid? could you re read the post? would you like to say that you're post are not stupid? and no is isn't argueing or insulting, just like i know you're going to state.

See? Look at this. No one can hold a conversation with you because this is the way you are. You don't even try to string together coherent sentences. I mean, English is your first language, isn't it? There's no excuse to be THIS bad at it.

DeletedUser

Polka makes me want to kill something. At the very least I want to beat my dog.

DeletedUser

lol I think all music is fine. It is a form of creative expression. Some forms you may not like and some forms you may. It is all subjective. I like a good thrash song every now and again. I like classical music sometimes, particularly from russian composers. I love Jazz and funk. Country and Rock. I even like rap, depending. I think the level of word smithery in rap is an art form in it's own right. Music is just like any other art form. It's like when I was younger I never really much cared for Van Gogh because I had only seen pictures, and they do not do justice to the real thing, but then I saw the real thing and was floored. Even Pollock, with his splatter paintings is downright phenominal. You don't have to like everything out there for it to be good. What forms of creative expression do you utilize? I hope posting in forums is not it, but even that is not a bad thing.

DeletedUser

Agree with post above me. However, same with polka. I start throwing things XD. And with country I feel like blowing a cap through my head. It's depressing lol. Anyway, bout my pissed offness, I usually get my ideas from my pissed offness. Then I listen to Weezer and Im calm. Ahh the Sweater Song lol. Besides, this is stereotypicalness. Not violence related. This is how media and the average guy gets stereotypical over music blah blah blah you get my point haha.

DeletedUser

lol, btw, only some country is sad. There is quite a bit out there that is uplifting and downright hilarious. "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy", "I Love This Bar", "Some Beach" the list goes on and on. Not to mention that some of the most talented musicians in the world are country players. Mind you I am not a huge fan but I do appreciate the talent levels.
(I am going to leave polka alone, but it is some of the happiest music around and it still provokes violence out of some people. Go figure)

DeletedUser

3 words. Cletus T Judd

Actually more than 3 words. Cletus T Judd > Weird Al

DeletedUser

Weird Al is duh bomb!!! Smells Like Nirvana and Enter Napster!!!

DeletedUser

Though one thing about country. There is only one country dude I will listen too. His name is.....

JOHNNY CASH!!!!!

DeletedUser

I'm sorry. Every time I hear Ring of Fire it sounds like a gay anthem against STDs

DeletedUser

I heard he turned down a huge amount of money that was on offer to use it in a haemorrhoid comercial...
Back on topic, I do enjoy heavy metal, but decided long ago to stop listening to it in the car. It makes me quite an aggressive driver.

DeletedUser

It's not the genre, it's the lyrics. My fav band is Blindside, and they get called heavy metal due to their music and how they sing some of their songs, but their lyrics are very positive. They also do alot of charity for AIDs curing and prevention as well as anti-sucide programs. That doesn't stop my mother from saying she want to kill herself when we play it. She knows it's good stuff though.

DeletedUser

Why do people stop people who want to commit suicide? It just doesn't make sense. If they don't want to live, then accept their choice! The world is over-populated as it is.

DeletedUser

it depends divest, some people it really is a cry for help. their brains are not working properly, not that there is a right way for a brain to work. But if someone you loved wanted to commit suicide would you not try to stop them? Get them some help?

DeletedUser

I was mostly speaking out against anti-suicide organizations, which I think are silly. If it were a loved one that would be an entirely different situation and I would want to find out why, first of all. For example, if it were my Uncle and his kids died in a car crash and he had no reason to live anymore, I would respect his wishes. If it were someone else, I would deal with it as it came. I just don't see the purpose in anti-suicide organizations. If a person is that desperate for attention then we should all be glad they're only physically hurting themselves and no one else.