Moderator List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddersfield

So the next questions from silly old me. Exactly how is the punishment system working now. Seems warnings are seemingly handed out with gay abandon but bans are largely token. I am not understanding the logic of this approach. Do the bans add up in any way? Do they get progressively longer? Why do they sometimes only apply to the world the incident was on and other times they are implemented globally? What do you have to do to get a perma-ban compared to a one day ban? How uniform is the punishment system between different mods?

Why do the rules linked to this forum say, "players shall always use the English language in this version, this applies, but is not limited to messages, player profiles and such." but the forum has non-English threads?

Inconsistencies abound!

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Sanctions are granted based on a sanctions guide and are usually progressive depending on the frequency with which the violations are repeated. Global sanctions are generally granted for violations involving the game account, for example irregular name. Permanent sanctions involve serious or repeated violations of the regulation and are quite rare. As for the use of other languages on the forum, there is a dedicated section for the se and dk communities that resulted from the merge of these markets with the international one. Those players have been migrated here and need a subforum dedicated to them. In the other sections of the forum English must be used.

Annie-Bell

Is there a complete listing anywhere of who are current moderators etc.? There is a distinct whiff of favouritism in the air and vindictiveness from at least one of them. So I am curious as to who they all are.

dang! lol

see threads like this and been seeing daily convos in some worlds, where leaders saying stay outta it and saloons ad forums, not very good environment

Its shrinking game! lets keep players in game, and do ff's based on ff's not words. for the non .en worlds, they been migrating for some time and probably not all updated language on profile and hope they are being made to feel welcome!

criminus

The West Team
Wiki editor
Forum moderator
Event Manager
In-Game Supporter
I don’t think SE & DK languages are forbidden in the general saloon. It’s not their fault the markets merged. They shouldn’t be forced to speak a language that might be unknown to them.

Instead there should be a filter by country code where players from different countries could speak freely.

Even if there are 3 players for each of the above countries we shouldn’t punish them just because this is the international server.

Also, there is a list on the wiki I always update: https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/International_Team

Regards,
Criminus

Oddersfield

Sanctions are granted based on a sanctions guide and are usually progressive depending on the frequency with which the violations are repeated. Global sanctions are generally granted for violations involving the game account, for example irregular name. Permanent sanctions involve serious or repeated violations of the regulation and are quite rare. As for the use of other languages on the forum, there is a dedicated section for the se and dk communities that resulted from the merge of these markets with the international one. Those players have been migrated here and need a subforum dedicated to them. In the other sections of the forum English must be used.
If SE and DK players cannot speak English and require a sub-forum to cater for them (which I don't disagree with per se), why are they then supposed to use and understand English everywhere else? Alter the rules to suit the changed circumstances!. And stop using vague and meaningless words/phrases like "such". Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Where is the sanctions guide to be found?

I am asking questions as inconsistencies in how matters are dealt with appear to be increasing. I am simply trying to understand what changes in rulings and interpretations are now being made as they obviously have. Why on one world are we being encouraged by Mods to report offensive behaviour, however trivial?

If you want to stop players leaving, put a cap on the intimidatory dueling that goes on (including by mods): I know a lot of non-duelers that left because of it as they couldn't simply play and enjoy without being hit all the time. Further, Inno should be more transparent in what they are doing and sensible in the changes they are making. How about Inno makes a "duel only" world, no ff'g? Those that want to duel only can then duel each other to their heart's content and not claim, "Inno made them do it.' Doubt many would go as there would be no easy victories for them.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Using SE and DK language is not something for which you will get punished, although we recommend using English in public saloons, just because the majority of players understand it. But of course, if you want to find other SE/DK players, you are free to use your own native language for that.

Regarding the punishment system, it has changed months ago, now is more player-friendly. While in the past you got 5 days ban for 15 points, now with the new system you get ban after accumulating 24 points and you get a temp ban based on the points (1 point = 1 hour) - e.g. for 36 points you get 36 hour temp ban, and is based only on the world where it was handled. If you gain another 6 points, you will get banned again, now for 42 hours... and so on. And all the above which my colleagues have already said.

The sanctions are defined by the support team, and is internal. We cannot share publicly. You are free to appeal your punishment and discuss it with us, but we cannot offer information about other players.

Dubjean

I am confused. If you don't get a ban until 24 points and it's based on 1 point an hour then the minimum anyone should get banned is 24 hours. Then the next one would be longer than that, correct? Am I seeing shorter times due to some disputing the points, and why some repeat offenders haven't been gone as long?

I do agree that we should not be trying to get others banned but it seems in some worlds that you can't even pick your nose without it offending someone and being reported. Some harass for hours and then only report when you've finally responded and 'offended' them, or save screenshots of every conversation so they can go back years to validate why someone should be sanctioned (although I've been told in the past that screenshots are not valid). I thought in the past there was a rule about being sanctioned yourself if you report stupid things? (I'm sure the wording was better than that lol) Is this rule still in effect? Sorry, it's just some things I've seen and although I'm not afraid to use the 'ignore' option I know many feel they shouldn't have to. Maybe the ones being offended all the time should learn to use that option so the rest of us can enjoy the game while drinking a beer and not worrying if our typing 'filter' is off. (I am NOT talking about major abuses or abusers just the off-the-cuff remarks like keeping your trap shut or using a color as an adjective that may bother someone else... I never knew that purple or green were offensive until I played this game!)

Thank you for explaining the system to those of us that were clueless. It is appreciated and I do know that moderation is mostly a thankless job.

NovaStar

I am confused. If you don't get a ban until 24 points and it's based on 1 point an hour then the minimum anyone should get banned is 24 hours. Then the next one would be longer than that, correct? Am I seeing shorter times due to some disputing the points, and why some repeat offenders haven't been gone as long?

I do agree that we should not be trying to get others banned but it seems in some worlds that you can't even pick your nose without it offending someone and being reported. Some harass for hours and then only report when you've finally responded and 'offended' them, or save screenshots of every conversation so they can go back years to validate why someone should be sanctioned (although I've been told in the past that screenshots are not valid). I thought in the past there was a rule about being sanctioned yourself if you report stupid things? (I'm sure the wording was better than that lol) Is this rule still in effect? Sorry, it's just some things I've seen and although I'm not afraid to use the 'ignore' option I know many feel they shouldn't have to. Maybe the ones being offended all the time should learn to use that option so the rest of us can enjoy the game while drinking a beer and not worrying if our typing 'filter' is off. (I am NOT talking about major abuses or abusers just the off-the-cuff remarks like keeping your trap shut or using a color as an adjective that may bother someone else... I never knew that purple or green were offensive until I played this game!)

Thank you for explaining the system to those of us that were clueless. It is appreciated and I do know that moderation is mostly a thankless job.
Back in the day, yes...there was a sanction for reporting too many times or multiple "stupid things" (every little piddly thing), ...guess not anymore. There was also the time when we reported such things we were told that the offense wasn't so bad, it was game play or something and to learn to deal with it (not in those words, of course...). People did not used to be so sensitive or easily offended, and if they were they pretty much had to learn to deal with it and learn to enjoy the game (I know this from my own personal experience). NOW, it's just a back and forth "tattle tale" like nursery school or something. And, of course, if someone is playing this childish game of tattle tale and getting results, it creates a domino effect and naturally, those being reported for piddly things will return in kind. It's only human. It used to take a lot to get sanctioned for things (we ARE supposed to be adults, right?) and quite frankly, I think it made for a better game play because now everyone is super quiet in chats and walking on eggshells because they are afraid of being reported for the piddlest thing (yes, like a color or "get over it" or "move on" - those 2 have been reported, believe it or not and acted on). It's gotten totally ridiculous.

Annie-Bell

Just thought of why walking on eggshells as was put and maybe looking from different angles. Know in few worlds, leaders and rumglompers alike are stating steer clear of saloons, forums, and now apparently inno forums (not sure why going here to push for more bans). I know worlds that enjoyed drama free for years and people were not "afraid" of saloons and sub sequential mass pressing report button if respond. But worlds change, drama brought in, esp last while with is daily discussions in saloon of people spamming report this person or that, which some may feel is their right but does create poor environment. Yes walking on eggshells out of necessity i assume for majority of players, regardless of what "group" . is it cool? no. but people dont want to get reported, for most part, and dont feel have right to stand up for self or friends so stop going in saloons.

From birdseye view in some of these worlds, the majority of bans impacting one group, whereas if warnings to other side, not easy to see, which is fine as that was never meant to be the game behind game in first place. Often see where opposition are told not to even SPEAK in saloons by those occuping saloons, Understand that people are exerting their right to play "their game" but they often forget that others also wish to play game.

I will never understand why people spend so much time in saloons, forums, inno forum going on about bans and stuff (i assume to pressure inno to ban more? in a shrinking game?) Stuff about non english when know non .en worlds migrating into .en seems silly as not hurting anyone?

Maybe stuff like going on about more bans IS part of the problem

Either way i miss days were game was played when above wasnt the majority of discussion and ff's were won and lost based on actual ff's.

Annie-Bell

Are people speaking a different language or having a non-English profile really a problem this game should have? Why are people so dedicated to get others banned when the game has barely any players left

relax.....
this was actually worded better. absolutely agree

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

If you gain 24 points, you get 1 day ban. The points are based on world, and will expire after a while.

Screenshots are not accepted, we do actions only if it was reported as an affront.

We do not sanction reporting content that does not go against the rules, but if someone would abuse the affront system, we would step in. However reporting someone who actually did not offend any of the rules should not worry the reported player at all, as will not get punished regardless how many reports have been submitted, it is just more time for our team to handle all incoming reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.