Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsha..

Idea title: Send out reports to town members when that town is invited to a shared forum

Details of idea: The shared forum ability has been very helpful, it has gone a long way in uniting towns, mostly enemy towns who earlier did not have any communication with each other, it would help that a report is sent out to a town member which has been invited to a particular shared forum, like there are reports when a town is invited to an alliance or a fort, it would help if this feature is extended to forum invites as well.

It can be a major hassle when you're trying to build a worldwide forum, after sending out an invite, you would have to send mails to the town leaders for him/her to accept the invite, that can be an incredibly tedious task if your server is slow

Also, in addition, it should be possible to invite multiple towns in a go - like Gommora,GANG, and so on with the commas separating different towns, similar to the type that enables us to send out a mass mail to multiple players in a go

Visual Aid: unnecessary

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No

Reasons for submitting: It would make building a shared forum in-game more easier and would help bridge gaps between enemies and bring about more player interaction

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Idea title: Move Clothes from the Snack Food Isle
Details of idea: pants and belts belong with the rest of the clothing, not with the Christmas candies. And don’t forget the wool poncho, hiding down there with the Easter eggs
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reason for submitting: it bugs me, and I’m a neatness freak. Besides, it makes the addition of pants and belts look less like an afterthought.

DeletedUser

More methods of transport.
Trains, carriages were all part of the Wild West.
These methods of transport could be 300%+ speed and must be paid for. these would allow for the players to move quicker around the map.
Also there should be more riding animals like a black horse for example

DeletedUser

Poll

Hi,

Proposal
The possibility to adjust a poll at the town forum.

Current Workaround

-

Details
When this idea will be introduced you can adjust a poll at the town forum. It would be useful to (for example) improve spelling mistakes, add a new possibility, change the duration when the poll will be closed, ... Only the player who started the poll can change the settings.

Abuse Prevention
-

Visual Aids
-

Summary
The advantage is that you can improve some mistakes at your poll. Sometimes it's annoying when there is a big spelling mistake at the title of the poll.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Translate by Girafi

*Moved by JonOfTheWest so not in proper minor idea format.*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

give incentive to have different horsies.

Idea title: Give the horsies different, more relevant bonuses and level requirements.
Details of idea:
Horse | Level | Speed | Bonus
Donkey|1|+25%|+1HP
Pony|15|+50%|+2 Strength
Mustang|30|+75%|+5 HBR
White horse|45|+100%|+7 Leadership
Arabian|60|+125%|+4 Mobility
Quarter horse|80|+150%|+5 Charisma
Visual Aid: none
Does it meet the guidelines?: yes
Has the idea been posted before?: I used the biblical system, I did NOT find.
Reasons for submitting: Makes a few things that are already implemented useful and worthwhile, it gives incentive to level up and spend nuggets.

DeletedUser

Worn and Tailored Clothing

Idea title: Allow both high quality and low-quality clothing to exist in the game
Details of idea: 'Worn' quality clothing costs 20% less than normal, 'Tailored' quality clothing costs 20% more. Worn is -1 to all skills compared to normal, Tailored is +1 to skills compared to normal
Visual Aid: None
Reasons for submitting: 1. Makes sense with real life. 2. Creates another added dimension to the game 3. Comparable to the schema used for weapons (fort and dueling) 4. Is just plain fun!

DeletedUser9470

Duelling ranking minor modification

Proposal
make a Duel ranking not only for XP but also for won, lost, difference.

Current Workaround
At the moment if you want to find out who has the most duel wins you have to go round asking other people.

Details
at the moment this is what we have:
duelrankingsystem.png

I propose that XP, won, lost and diff columns be made so that they can be sorted.
Just like the duel tab when you sort by level, time etc...
thus creating a ranking in all of these areas rather than just one (XP).

Abuse Prevention
There is no loophole

Visual Aids
same as in details, except with the column titles clickable, maybe a mouse arrow on one of them?
:D

Summary
As we all know 0% duelling is an alternative way of duelling, its not better nor worse than xp duelling.
Yet the only info you can get is regarding the latter. there is no info on 0% duelling.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? not exactly.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Show time on bounties
Details of idea: Show how long someone has been on the bounty list in the little hovering pop-up thingie. Can also sort bounties based on time. New achievements are possible, for example: staying on the list for a week, taking someone down within an hour, most assassination attempts in a day, etc.
Reasons for submitting: Interesting to see how quick hotshots die and how long the pros can stay alive. Also, it'll make things feel more like a race, especially among bounty hunters.

DeletedUser

Reimburse nuggets for cancelled travel-boost

Idea title: Allow the player to have his/her nuggets reimbursed when used for speed-travel, if that travel job gets cancelled
Details of idea: Currently you can spend your nuggets to cut travel time down. But suppose you decide that for whatever reason, you can't/shouldn't go to that event (fort battle, duel, whatever). If you cancel the journey before you arrive, you should be reimbursed the nuggets you used
Visual Aid: None
Reasons for submitting: Every once in a while, for the specific above scenario and no other nugget scenario, this situation may happen.

Also, I'm thinking about the future of the game:
Referring to previous suggestions about cancelling fort battles, suppose that feature is enabled. Would it be fair to take the nuggets of players who spent time getting to a fort battle if that fort battle was cancelled while the player was travelling?

Call it a goodwill gesture. Or just call it a 'return of sold goods' situation.

Situations where there would be NO reimbursements: 1. On your way you get dueled and KO'd 2. On your way you take no action and arrive at the destination. 3. On your way you lose game-connectivity (this is basically the same situation as the 'no action' situation)

HelenBack

Option not to be copied on bulk telegrams

Idea title:
Have the option NOT to be copied on a bulk telegram to the alliance.

Details of idea:
A checkbox near the "Submit" button like: "Do not copy me on this telegram."

Reasons for submitting: Why?

Is it really necessary to receive a notice for each telegram we send.... saying "You have received a new telegram. 'DEFEND Dis Fort!' "..?

For one... no... I didn't receive it... I sent it!

Two... Someone replies to your bulk telegram to the whole alliance... and chat is completely obliterated with multiple copies of the message " You have received a new telegram. 'DEFEND Dis Fort!' " Any discussions you were having are lost.

Three... It would probably help spare some server resources...

Four... It wouldn't clutter up your mailbox.

DeletedUser

Proposal
The GO TO page in Duel Tab.

Current Workaround
Nowadays during Big Fort fort fights there are too many people but you can duel none of them a so we have to turn page by page,looking when the fort line will end.:hmf:

Details
Rather than flipping page by page why not put a Go To Page like in a Town Forum?

Abuse Prevention
What?What for?

Visual Aids
Just like Go To in Town Forums.

Summary
This will help in preventing browser stuck-ups (If you haven't experienced one then you're lucky!)

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

I just got an idea

Idea title: Put items on the market from afar.
Details of idea: Players should be able to to put market items for sale from afar for a nugget price. (A premium feature)
Visual Aid: N/A
Reasons for submitting: Sometimes when you have like 3 or more assignments (duels/jobs) queued and someone asks you to put an item on the market you have to cancel the jobs and go to town = annyoing at least for me. There is the market deliver system why not have something like this? (I'm no premium player but this could be nice for premium players) :)

Harsha..

Idea title: Sorting of reports

Details of idea: Some people, like me do several different jobs, sometimes from these jobs we get finds in certain time periods, we examine the reports to see if there is any recurring pattern in finding a particular product (like uncut rubies) from a job - not just time, but the number of times we have to do to get it

so, it would help, if it were possible to sort reports according to the job done, jobs in which products and items were found and so on. This feature could be extended to duels with the reports being orgainzed in terms of attacks on the same player and town

Reasons for submitting:

Will help people examine their job reports in more detail, will also help duelers check reports of their attacks on particular towns and players and look for ways to improve their duels

DeletedUser

Proposal
Making the selected craft visible to other players.

Current Workaround
Folks can tell about their craft on town /game forum telling or on their personal profiles.
You can try to figure out who has what by following the market and making a note on who is selling crafted products (not a guarantee though, it might be a resell).

Details
Currently there is no way of knowing who has what craft, unless the person itself is very active in telling their craft or actively selling their products on the market.

So, there are several ways this could be done. Maybe there could be the craft icon as a part of character profile image. Or if it is simpler, just add Craft text to profile, just like there is now Class.
Or yet another way of doing it, there could be medals for crafting levels. (expample levels 10, 250, 500), the idea is that the first medal would come early, so that you know who is who.

Abuse Prevention
Well, if some noob starts to beg for crafted products, there is always ignore button.

Summary
If you would know who does what, it would be easyer to ask for hired crafting or offer raw materials for sale. Everyone knows each others character class, so why not the craft too?

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No (or did I miss it)

DeletedUser

that idea has already been suggested, and denied.
Plus it's obviously not a remotely minor idea.

Idea title: Sort saved gear sets alphabetically
Details of idea: Uhh...sort saved gear sets alphabetically?
Reasons for submitting: The more sets you have saved, the bigger the nuisance it is to find the set you're looking for.

DeletedUser14006

In the market place under the tab 'Bids for purchase' I would like the option to be able to sort the lists by preference so that I could arrange the pickup of vast amounts of products by travel time.

Also another column could be inserted to show what the item is as suppose to having to scroll over the icon on the far right to see what it is, this could also be arranged in order to ee exactly how many of each product you have bought and ready to be picked up.

Since crafting was introduced my market page has become hideously unorganised, this would help so much :)

DeletedUser

Poker improvments

Hello i would like to see some improvements on the poker client so it get a bit more user friendly.

1. Make it clear at the username what action they did, fold, call or rais. And how much they raised.
2. No autoscroll chat, it is really hard to check hand history when it keep scrolling. autoscroll On/off maybe?
3. A little sound when it is your turn, and you should be able to turn off sound if you want.
4. Town and alliancen tournaments, cash and maybe Item price.
5. Give the buttons memory, if i clicked Fold/check then the button should remember that when it is my turn.

Just some simple improvements that i think would make the poker client much better.

DeletedUser

World chat

Idea title: World chat
Details of idea: Create a world chat that you can join
Visual Aid: none, /enter and /leave are already implemented both cli- and gui-wise.
Reasons for submitting: It seems to me that many worlds are not that populated or active, this would allow the active players to hang out regardless of current town/alliance/county. This would really enhance game-play for me as the major reason for me to play this game is hanging out with people. (Maybe it could be made 'dynamically' so that this room only appears in 'small' worlds and the larger the world is the size of the chat-rooms move towards county size)

/Edlit

DeletedUser

It's been tried and/or is still in developemt.

Currenly, the game server can't handle such a load of information.

See this: http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=521&lang=de

Hm, well, I don't see how this link is relevant for the idea per se, ofc the devs should take care to keep the system smooth for everyone, but that only limits when things can be done, not if they are reasonable in themselves.

I'm currently active in two worlds en14.net & se6.se and in the .net one the county chat offers plenty of people to interact with in the .se not so (it isn't even activated).

What would be great is either some sort of dynamic resizing of the chat-rooms so that they grow and shrink by number of active players in the world/sectors or just open up a room that you are not automatically connected to but that you have to actively /enter.

/Edlit

Status
Not open for further replies.