Least useful skill

DeletedUser

FTR, I still say animal instinct. It's one of the best very low level XP skills, but you're better off just doing quests and whatever jobs you can up to level 10 instead of speccing for them. Swimming is similar, but it can take you a lot farther than animal instinct and it was a part of the first (but not best) all-jobs builds posted.

DeletedUser

il vote for construction as im not a builder its usless the only sp's iv got in construction are from clothes if i could remove the construction sp's from the bonus from the clothes and use em else where i would

DeletedUser

il vote for construction as im not a builder its usless the only sp's iv got in construction are from clothes if i could remove the construction sp's from the bonus from the clothes and use em else where i would

But it's still a damn good job skill, you just run out of jobs too early. Plus you wouldn't have that construction gear if it wasn't for other people speccing for it and building the shops where you buy your gear.

Construction is probably the single most important skill in the game.

Noobmic

I completely disagree with stamina being useless. I can do all jobs on w2 but mercenary work and steering a paddle steamer at level 89, although it's a little off atm. When I get it where I want it, that will include 100+ points of stamina without gear. I don't know what Azuk's exact build is, but he can do all jobs on w2 without changing gear. Here are the stamina rankings on w2:

stamina.png

Anyone thinks they know better than Azuk on this is wrong. :p
Please reread my post ;) I said that stamina is useful ... I presented the only 5 skills that are really needed.

And I can do also all jobs on W2 ;)

DeletedUser

Please reread my post ;) I said that stamina is useful ... I presented the only 5 skills that are really needed.

And I can do also all jobs on W2 ;)
I think he was replying to my post... I'm a stamina hater :sad:

DeletedUser8627

Eish 11 pages already.

Has anyone actually gone through all the available jobs excluding dueling and town construction and checked how many skill of each one has appeared?

This should give a clearer indication on which are used more than others.

DeletedUser

Eish 11 pages already.

Has anyone actually gone through all the available jobs excluding dueling and town construction and checked how many skill of each one has appeared?

This should give a clearer indication on which are used more than others.

I've did this once and Stamina has about 32 jobs requiring, while other skills are from 20 - 25 jobs requiring. that's all I remember

DeletedUser

I've did this once and Stamina has about 32 jobs requiring, while other skills are from 20 - 25 jobs requiring. that's all I remember

He meant the number of times each skill has been suggested. And 30 jobs use stamina.

And I repeat, it is not stamina. The only definition of usefulness is not a skill's usefulness as a pure skill. The fact that it's used by every all-job build I can think of means stamina just isn't. It's also used in fort battles.

DeletedUser

Horseback riding rules. Especially if you plan to re-skill to dueling later. The pure Horseback Riding/Mobility through level 20 is one of the best early builds to stay on top of the XP leader board, though few people use it. You start early with Cowboy, add on quickly branding cattle, shoeing horses, breaking in horses, and finally catching horses by level 20. Not even trapping offers such a good early job lineup. After this though, you want to decide what you want to be when you grow up.

If you switch to pure shooting after that for example, with a few cheap clothing purchases you can hit level 30 in under a month from when you started and have the following jobs at level 30: catching horses, pony express, exploration, rafting wood, and hunting coyotes. All five jobs rated at over 40 XP. Between levels 30 and 40 with a couple of key clothing purchases (like fancyshirt and brown boots) you can keep those 5 jobs and slowly reskill everything out of horseback riding and into aim or something.

You can go to any other dueling-build routes later also, but the early XP and level boosts from jobs using riding can be well worth cost of re-skilling those 40-some riding skills later.

DeletedUser

Horseback riding rules. Especially if you plan to re-skill to dueling later. The pure Horseback Riding/Mobility through level 20 is one of the best early builds to stay on top of the XP leader board, though few people use it. You start early with Cowboy, add on quickly branding cattle, shoeing horses, breaking in horses, and finally catching horses by level 20. Not even trapping offers such a good early job lineup. After this though, you want to decide what you want to be when you grow up.

If you switch to pure shooting after that for example, with a few cheap clothing purchases you can hit level 30 in under a month from when you started and have the following jobs at level 30: catching horses, pony express, exploration, rafting wood, and hunting coyotes. All five jobs rated at over 40 XP. Between levels 30 and 40 with a couple of key clothing purchases (like fancyshirt and brown boots) you can keep those 5 jobs and slowly reskill everything out of horseback riding and into aim or something.

You can go to any other dueling-build routes later also, but the early XP and level boosts from jobs using riding can be well worth cost of re-skilling those 40-some riding skills later.

Id say that pure Construction (to vigor) and Trap/Shoot (to ranged) are the best to reskill to duel. AP respec is too expensive

DeletedUser

AP respec is too expensive

QFT. If you're using a skill just for early XP, it should be use the same attribute as the skill you plan on respeccing to. HBR and swimming for hiding, animal instinct for trading or appearance, and, of course, trapping for shooting.

But no, HBR is definitely not the least useful skill.